Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know what Smoke means by his t-shirt trailer and WoO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
    Personally I'd buy from the 1a, 1s or a couple other teams anyway.
    They usually have some good deals going on where others don't anymore. I think it was two years ago at the King's Royal where they had 2 shirts for $25 or had a old look Bobby for $15 and always seemed very friendly when your around their trailer. My brother actually bought all 3 shirts and think they even took more money off of it as well for him.

Comment

This is just a stupid argument but Tony says there is more to the story. This is the start of Tony trying to compete with the WoO and make the ASCoC the premier series

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
        This is just a stupid argument but Tony says there is more to the story. This is the start of Tony trying to compete with the WoO and make the ASCoC the premier series
        I could see him making another series, but keep the All-Stars as they currently are right now, but don't think he wants to keep putting more money into it either ... he is putting a lot of money into the sprint car deal now with two teams, Eldora, the All-stars, plus he is partial owner in a couple of other tracks, and everything else he does for drivers/teams, etc...

I am wondering with the "more to the story" is that he gave the WoO some money at one time to help them out ... I remember Kinser complaining about the group when they bought the late model and big block group that a lot of the sprint money went into those deals and I am sure when the economy went to **** they was in some trouble. So wondering if that was some of it because I remember before Tony bought Eldora he made a comment that it cost just as much for Eldora as it would have been to buy the WoO's at that time and this was a year or two before he ended up buying Eldora.

The sad part is ... both groups have a full roster and looks to be a good group of drivers/teams this year so should be good for both and we really don't need a pissing match between series, tracks, drivers, owners, etc... always seems though when things are going good that is when people get into it because of the money flowing right now and it is all about the greed.

Just like the dirtvision deal ... yea it is good for the teams and fans to be able to watch it and have it out there, but it is expensive for a typical fan as well. With this type of deals of pay-per-view I don't see a series or track pushing to try and get on TV any longer because they are making to much money off of these deals where in the past a track would have to put money into the broadcast or not make money at all, but be happy that the race was seen on TV.

greed, money, and sprint cars don't go good together.

Comment

He gets mad because they tell him no on bringing his t-shirt trailer and he has a meltdown like this? Just another example of him trying to bully everyone into his "it's my way or the highway attitude." If he is doing this for the racers then why does he charge for racers to setup their t-shirt trailers at Eldora for the big race weekends?

Comment

All Tracks Do That, It's Called Business!
            2017 Race Counter - Total-57 (Rainouts-7) Atomic-3, Attica-5, Bedford-2, Bubba Raceway Park-3, Eldora-6, Eriez-1, Grandview-1, Knoxville-4, Lincoln Park-1, Lincoln-1, Lincoln Fairgrounds-1, Lebanon Valley NY-1, Lernerville-1, Macon-1, Mansfield-3, Mercer-1, Orange County NY-1, Outlaw NY-1, PPMS-1, Port Royal-3, Selingsgrove-1, Sharon-1, Susquehanna-1, 34 Raceway-1, Tri-City-1, Wayne County-5, Waynesfield-1, Williams Grove-2, Volusia- 3

Comment

How dare WOO try to protect their brand and drivers by not letting his trailer in? It would kinda be like not letting your drivers run at a track the nite before your series runs there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll View Post
                How dare WOO try to protect their brand and drivers by not letting his trailer in? It would kinda be like not letting your drivers run at a track the nite before your series runs there.
                Brilliant!

​​When Tony starts his own series, I hope he doesn't say he's doing it because fans have been asking for one. I have never heard a fan say, "What we need is another sprint car series."

Comment

Working...
                X