Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Pennsylvania Racing Season Thread

Lincoln Speedway‏ @lincolnspeedway

Chad Trout picks up his 1st career 410 Sprint feature win in the 2018 Ice Breaker Season Opener at the "Fabulous Lincoln Speedway"!

410 Sprint Ice Breaker 30 Feature Finish (30 Laps) – 1. 1X-Chad Trout ($4,000); 2. 88-Brandon Rahmer; 3. 99-Kyle Moody; 4. 07-Gerard McIntyre, Jr.; 5. 27-Greg Hodnett; 6. 51-Freddie Rahmer; 7. 59-Jim Siegel; 8. 87-Alan Krimes (Hard Charger); 9. 69-Tim Glatfelter; 10. 2W-Glenndon Forsythe; 11. 21-Brian Montieth; 12. 39M-Anthony Macri; 13. 73B-Brett Michulski; 14. 19-Landon Myers; 15. 22-Cole Duncan; 16. 17-Cole Young; 17. 39-Cory Haas (DNF); 18. 21T-Scott Fisher (DNF); 19. 24-Lucas Wolfe (DNF); 20. 48-Danny Dietrich (DNF). No Time

Lap Leaders – Lucas Wolfe (1), Chad Trout (2-30)

Lincoln Speedway‏ @lincolnspeedway

Danny Dietrich takes the checkered 1.215-seconds ahead of Lucas Wolfe for his 39th career win at the Fabulous Lincoln Speedway!

410 Sprint Feature Finish (25 Laps) – 1. 48-Danny Dietrich ($3,500); 2. 24-Lucas Wolfe; 3. 27-Greg Hodnett; 4. 21-Brian Montieth; 5. 99M-Kyle Moody; 6. 88-Brando Rahmer; 7. 07-Gerard McIntyre, Jr.; 8. 69-Tim Glatfelter; 9. 59-Jim Siegel; 10. 1X-Chad Trout; 11. 39-Cory Haas; 12. 39M-Anthony Macri; 13. 2W-Glenndon Forsythe; 14. 14-Coleman Gullick; 15. 19-Lando Myers; 16. 73B-Brett Michalski; 17. 10K-Joe Katas, III; 18. 49-Bradley Howard; 19. 17C-Caleb Helms; 20. 3-Chris Prior; 21. 51-Freddie Rahmer (DNF); 22. 21T-Scott Fisher (DNF); 23. 17-Cole Young (DNF); DNS – 87-Alan Krimes.

Lap Leaders – Lucas Wolfe (1-13), Danny Dietrich (14-25)

Comment

From other photos and clips I’ve seen, loooks like they had excellent attendance both weeks. Car Count a plus 4 this week. Grove opens today ( Sunday afternoon 3-11-18 ).

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
        From other photos and clips I’ve seen, looks like they had excellent attendance both weeks. Car Count a plus 4 this week. Grove opens today ( Sunday afternoon 3-11-18 ).
        Agree ... was looking at their crowd size as well and notice a pretty good crowd for their temperatures. Pretty small car counts for these early races as well so a lot of teams don't want to break out their cars or should say their engines in these lower temps. This is why I think a couple more weeks similar to what Attica has for schedule seems just about right ... right before April.

I am wondering if they got some of their stands from Daytona or some of these other NASCAR tracks that have downsized their capacity because it seemed like several of the PA tracks all have gotten some new seating/different seating and all looks about the same with the chair-back designs in some locations.

Comment

Williams Grove‏ @WilliamsGrove 1h1 hour ago

It’s all @LucasWolfe5w as he picks up career win #18 and Opening Day win #1!

1) 24-Lucas Wolfe, 2) 27-Greg Hodnett, 3) 17-Caleb Helms, 4) 51-Freddie Rahmer, 5) 3z-Brock Zearfoss, 6) 29-Jason Shultz, 7) 48-Danny Dietrich, 8) 11-TJ Stutts, 9) 14-Colman Galick, 10) 07-Gerard McIntyre, 11) 49-Bradley Howard, 12) 12w-Troy Fraker 13) 39m Anthony Macri 14) 39-Cory Haas 15) 0-Rick Lafferty, 16) 47k-Cody Lehman, 17) 88-Brandon Rahmer, 18) 21-Brian Montieth, 19) 33-Jared Esh.

Comment

Good run for Caleb out there especially racing at the grove! I believe he won his heat yesterday at lincoln too.
            2019 Race Counter: 12
            Attica (6), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1), Mansfield (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
              Good run for Caleb out there especially racing at the grove! I believe he won his heat yesterday at lincoln too.
              Yes, great to see an Ohio guy do well against the Pa. Posse. Still hoping an Ohio guy wins an All Star race at the Grove in my lifetime.

Comment

Williams Grove

Comment

RACE RESULTS Saturday, April 21, 2018 LINCOLN SPEEDWAY Abbottstown, PA McSHERRYSTOWN MOOSE LODGE #720 NIGHT/ARCH NIGHT LAWRENCE CHEVROLET 410 SPRINTS 410 Sprint Feature Finish (25 Laps) – 1. 48-Danny Dietrich ($3,500); 2. 51-Freddie Rahmer; 3, 21-Brian Montieth; 4. 87-Alan Krimes; 5. 59-Jim Siegel; 6. 2W-Glenndon Forsythe; 7. 6K-Chris Knopp; 8. 69-Tim Glatfelter; 9. 21T-Scott Fisher; 10. 88-Brandon Rahmer; 11. 7K-Dan Shetler; 12. 39-Cory Haas; 13. 19-Landon Myers; 14. 1X-Chad Trout; 15. 17-Cole Young; 16. 22T-Matt Boland; 17. 73B-Brett Michalski; 18. 40-George Hobough; 19-10-Zach Eucalano; 20. 5-Tyler Ross (DNF); 21. 3-Chris Prior (DNF). No Time.

Lap Leaders – Danny Dietrich (1-25)

410 Sprint Heat One Finish (10 laps) – 1. 2W-Glenndon Forsythe; 2. 87-Alan Krimes; 3. 21-Brian Montieth; 4. 7K-Dan Shetler; 5. 88-Brandon Rahmer; 6. 73B-Brett Michalski; 7. 40-George Hobaugh; 8. 10-Zach Eucalano. Time – 2:21.848

410 Sprint Heat Two Finish (10 laps) – 1. 48-Danny Dietrich; 2. 6K-Chris Knopp; 3. 5-Tyler Ross; 4. 21T-Scott Fisher; 5. 1X-Chat Trout; 6. 19-Landon Myers; 7. 39-Cory Haas. Time – 2:26.905

410 Sprint Heat Three Finish (10 laps) – 1. 51-Freddie Rahmer; 2. 69-Tim Glatfelter; 3. 59-Jim Siegel; 4. 22T-Matt Boland; 5. 17N-Cole Young; 6. 3-Chris Priar; DNS – 99M-Kyle Moody. No Time

Comment

Port Royal

Comment

I spent this past weekend, August 23rd-26th in Central PA for the All-Star long weekend. It was a weekend that I had marked on my calendar for a while, and I was excited to see what the PA Posse was all about.

Thursday- Grandview Speedway: After spending 7.5 hours driving, I arrived in Bechtelsville. I waited in the ticket line for quite a while (there was only one window open for a long time), but was surprised to see that the track was a bit bigger than I had imagined. It was like Atomic and Attica had a kid. Food wise, nothing extraordinary, although prices were about 50 cents higher than your food here. What surprised me was the fact that there were multiple concession stands that sold specific items. For example, if I wanted a burger and fries, I would've had to go to the main concession stand, and then the fries concession stand. This was a common theme at the tracks I visited. I tried multiple seat locations, and there isn't a bad seat in the house. The racing was fantastic. Watching Fast Freddie Rahmer battle with Larson and Reutzel was amazing. I honestly didn't know who was going to win, as you could throw a blanket over the top 3 most of the race. I didn't care for how much track prep they did, but it isn't my state so who am I to judge? After the checkered flag flew, I was at my motel ten minutes later.

Friday- Williams Grove: I traveled 1.5 hours back east to my "home base" for the weekend in the Mechanicsburg area. The Grove is a alot bigger than I thought it would be. They aren't kidding when they say it is like Martinsville but dirt. Again, food was good but nothing special, and slightly higher prices than Ohio. Going over the backstretch bridge was pretty cool; at Eldora you have the Love Tunnel, at WG, you have the bridge. Lots of places to sit, and I decided to change things up a little bit and sit on the backstretch. Although Beerhill and the infield were tempting. I was excited to meet a couple of friends I had made through Twitter, and talked to them for quite a while. Racing wise. Williams Grove is FAST. They were flying around the track and just throwing it into the corners. The program went smoothly as the ASCoC were the only ones on the docket other than vintage cars, who brought 40-50 for some track time. The twin 20 format was interesting, with Freddie Rahmer winning the first feature, and the crowd went nuts, further impressing me on his talent. The lineup for the second feature was set by an invert of all lead lap cars from the first feature. The invert for the second feature was 22, and Jim Seigel won his first feature in quite a while, making it 2-1 in favor of the Posse on the weekend.

Saturday- Lincoln Speedway: Like a big Wayne County. I met up with another one of my Twitter friends and talked to him throughout Time Trials. I didn't try any track food other than a fountain pop which was cheaper than I thought it would be. I went for one of the food vendors and had some BBQ pork which was pretty good! I sat in the entrance of turn 1 and had a great view. The infield wasn't a bad option either. If it weren't for losing a motor with three to go, Freddie Rahmer would have won another feature. I'm tellin ya, this kid is going to go places. Carson Macedo inherited the lead and took the win for the All-Stars, making it 2-2 for the weekend. I met a few people in the stands that night, one of which I got to talking to about the Shark WoO team and Ohio tracks. Turns out this guy was non other than Van May, a local legend! It was pretty cool talking to him for a while and hearing some of his stories (none of the cool ones I later saw on Twitter though). There was also another man I talked to all night, and I plan on looking him up the next time I make it to Lincoln. Super nice people.

Sunday- BAPS/Susky (whatever you want to call it): Probably the nicest facility (not that any of the other three were bad). BAPS reminded me a lot of Mansfield. ~70 sprints between the ASCoC and 305's and a double 305 feature, but they pushed things along nicely. Again, food was decent and slightly expensive. Good racing all night, including the feature. Which saw Tony Stewart pass a lot of fast cars and drive away to his third ASCoC victory. The Posse didn't do too well that night, but alas, the final score between Posse and ASCoC remained at 2-2 for the weekend. The track did get pretty dusty during the feature, but I'm used to it lol. The checkers flew and I flew out of there and hit the road. Just over six hours and 400 miles later, I arrived back home at 3:30am.

Misc: On Sunday, I went to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing. I could've spent all day in there. So many cars and memorabilia there. If you go to Central PA, make sure EMMR is on your list of places to visit! They also had their convention that weekend, which meant that they had the vintage cars on the old Latimore Valley Fairgrounds track which was pretty cool. Sitting in the old grandstands and watching these old cars make laps around the narrow track made me feel like I was back in the 50's. It was a cool experience.

In conclusion: I'm sorry for the long post, but Central Pennsylvania is the real deal. The atmosphere is different and electric. All of the tracks were fast, and had a whole lot of red clay. I hated missing Attica's season championship, but I would make this trip again in a heart beat, and I cannot wait to go back. Hopefully before the season ends I'll make it to Port Royal. If the ASCoC do this weekend again next year, you better believe I'll be in Central Pennsylvania.

Comment

Don't apologize for the length of your post. I read every word and I enjoyed it. It sounds like you saw some good racing and added 4 new tracks to your track list. Well done. Are you are going to follow Central PA Speedweek next year?

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Yea seems like every track in PA is a big track compared to Ohio tracks besides Eldora of course.

I didn't really care for the trip to Williams Grove as much as you did which mine was a few years ago and during the WoO National Open event which was packed and a land-rush and felt like cattle which it seemed at the time for seating on the backstretch for Saturday. Don't get me wrong the racing was very good, but sitting in those old bleachers is tough when then cram you in there tight and usually people sitting sideways just to try and be comfortable. Saturday was better than Sunday because we had a little more room, but Friday was tight sitting on the front stretch.

Thought you might have went to the i-94 go-cart track. When we went we had a good group of us along with some other guys that had a good size group so we had roughly 10-12 guys hitting the slick track which made it really interesting and some really good racing and time there. Of course we all bought all kinds of tickets so we basically just kept the same cars and kept racing until we got a little rough and the guy finally said enough. hahaha.

One thing I have notice the past couple of years besides WG a lot of the Central PA tracks have really improved their facilities whether it is Lincoln, Port Royal, or Baps. They have added a lot of nice seating which is either the fold down seats or the backrest seats which make it a lot more comfortable for fans and something I wish the tracks in Ohio would look into a lot more. I know at that time several of those tracks bought some of the old NASCAR seats which I believe came from daytona's back stretch that they took down. Realize not my money and all, but that is probably one of the main things I would like to see places I visit in Ohio to upgrade sooner than later. Maybe it is me just getting a little older, but the old wooden bleacher style seats with the person having his knees in the back of you gets old quick especially at the bigger shows and one reason I try and hit the top row as much as I can.
                          2019 Race Counter: 13
                          Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (1), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Volusia (4).
                          DirtVision: 12.
                          Speedshift: 1
                          Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Great write up I enjoyed your post.
                            Very informative.
                            How did ticket prices compare?

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                              Don't apologize for the length of your post. I read every word and I enjoyed it. It sounds like you saw some good racing and added 4 new tracks to your track list. Well done. Are you are going to follow Central PA Speedweek next year?
                              I'd love to hit Central PA Speedweek, but I don't think the workplace would like that too much..

Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post
                              Thanks for the info!

Yea seems like every track in PA is a big track compared to Ohio tracks besides Eldora of course.

I didn't really care for the trip to Williams Grove as much as you did which mine was a few years ago and during the WoO National Open event which was packed and a land-rush and felt like cattle which it seemed at the time for seating on the backstretch for Saturday. Don't get me wrong the racing was very good, but sitting in those old bleachers is tough when then cram you in there tight and usually people sitting sideways just to try and be comfortable. Saturday was better than Sunday because we had a little more room, but Friday was tight sitting on the front stretch.

Thought you might have went to the i-94 go-cart track. When we went we had a good group of us along with some other guys that had a good size group so we had roughly 10-12 guys hitting the slick track which made it really interesting and some really good racing and time there. Of course we all bought all kinds of tickets so we basically just kept the same cars and kept racing until we got a little rough and the guy finally said enough. hahaha.

One thing I have notice the past couple of years besides WG a lot of the Central PA tracks have really improved their facilities whether it is Lincoln, Port Royal, or Baps. They have added a lot of nice seating which is either the fold down seats or the backrest seats which make it a lot more comfortable for fans and something I wish the tracks in Ohio would look into a lot more. I know at that time several of those tracks bought some of the old NASCAR seats which I believe came from daytona's back stretch that they took down. Realize not my money and all, but that is probably one of the main things I would like to see places I visit in Ohio to upgrade sooner than later. Maybe it is me just getting a little older, but the old wooden bleacher style seats with the person having his knees in the back of you gets old quick especially at the bigger shows and one reason I try and hit the top row as much as I can.
                              I thought about I-94 but didn't have the time for it unfortunately. I was super impressed with how nice the facilities were across the board. This place knows how to keep the fans coming back and know how and where to upgrade. I was impressed nonetheless. BAPS has also partnered with Dover speedway for the NASCAR races. 20 tickets were given away and I also heard that they are running a bus from BAPS to Dover and back for the race the first weekend in October

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                              Great write up I enjoyed your post.
                              Very informative.
                              How did ticket prices compare?
                              Tickets were ASCoC prices. So anywhere between $20-$25 and $35 for a pit pass. Not sure on regular pricing though.

Comment

Working...
                              X