Line Graph of Outlaw Points by Week - First 5 weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Graph of Outlaw Points by Week - First 5 weeks

NOTE: Ignore the pitgate link. I can't figure out how to remove it. It will redirect you to the main page here.

I have no idea how people post full sized images on here. So i tweeted it and am linking below. It's a graph of the 20 platinum drivers (Includes Saldana/Eliason for the time being). Enjoy.

https://twitter.com/GTigers55/status/975405315163344897
    Last edited by GTigers55; March 18th, 2018, 01:24 PM.
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Difficult graph to read. To be fair, I didn't try too hard. My focus when attending a race is upon who will win that night. When it's championship night at Attica or Fremont, then and only then are point totals interesting. Does anyone understand how NASCAR cup points are awarded? Austin Dillon was in 3rd place after winning the Daytona 500. I haven't checked NASCAR points since, because the system is clearly and fatally flawed.

Comment

I understand his graph but yes on a phone it's hard to read, with that said it's very useful and informative. Some of us get it and some of us simple. Different strokes for different folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
        Some of us get it and some of us simple. Different strokes for different folks!
        Do you understand how NASCAR points are awarded? Consider this unlikely but albeit possible scenario. Based upon the Daytona results alone, it appears possible for Austin Dillon to win every race and finish 3rd in the championship. Maybe that's why NASCAR has it's "playoffs", to prevent this embarrassing season outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
          Do you understand how NASCAR points are awarded? Consider this unlikely but albeit possible scenario. Based upon the Daytona results alone, it appears possible for Austin Dillon to win every race and finish 3rd in the championship. Maybe that's why NASCAR has it's "playoffs", to prevent this embarrassing season outcome.
          The phenomenon you are seeing with Dillon is most likely related to stage points. When NASCAR split every race into stages in 2017 they started awarding points to the top 10 at the end of each stage. That's how it's possible to win the race but be behind in points. The playoffs pre-date stage racing so that's not why the playoffs exist. But stage racing does tie in to how the playoffs work.

Comment

I know little about cup points but reallyyyy lost on new qualifying bs! I do like stage pts because makes them race harder through out whole race

Comment

Ignore
              Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
              Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

I tried to change it to make it easier to follow. Let me know what ya think. Considering doing this for all stars as well. https://twitter.com/gtigers55/status...575019523?s=21

Comment

Here's a challenge, GT. You hit a home run with your season schedule. Will you rest on your laurels? Hell no! What can you do with the ASCoC points? (Insert sports metaphor here.)

Comment

Working...
                  X