Sprint Car World Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint Car World Championship

So this race is 5 weeks from today right? It's snowing outside my window.

I wish them well & hoping for good weather but I said from the outset that they will be very lucky to get thisin on the original date.

Comment

Who needs an ersatz Eldora? Weather permitting, I'll be at Lima on the 27th and Oakshade on the 28th. I won't support an event that competes with and takes sprintcars away from Attica and Fremont. Pitgate poster, Food for Thought, predicted that Mansfield won't be open in a couple of years. I agree. The creative marketing employed by Mansfield only emphasizes the fact that the track does not have the credibility, tradition, or history of Eldora.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
        Who needs an ersatz Eldora? Weather permitting, I'll be at Lima on the 27th and Oakshade on the 28th. I won't support an event that competes with and takes sprintcars away from Attica and Fremont. Pitgate poster, Food for Thought, predicted that Mansfield won't be open in a couple of years. I agree. The creative marketing employed by Mansfield only emphasizes the fact that the track does not have the credibility, tradition, or history of Eldora.
        Are you kidding me???!!!! This guy is putting up big money and that is your logic. Cmon man

Comment

4" snow today but 50 Monday. What I don't understand is busting track balls for event & date, but nothing said about Attica opener in 2 days or their early big show spring Nat's..... Sometimes ya gotta take a chance!

Comment

I’ll say something about Attica. They might be able to get it in this Friday if the grounds are not soft. Today the weather is not so good, but clear and sunny Thursday and Friday. Highs Thursday and Friday depend on who’s forecast you’re looking at , but Toledo TV 11 says 46-48 degree highs.

Comment

I started an Attica thread to thwart ongoing arguments about Mansfield, at a time when one of the CONTINUOUSLY operated tracks ( Attica ) is trying hard to race this weekend. So, you’re all invited to the “ Attica Prognostications “ thread to create some hype for a possible race in 48+ Hours.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                What a joke. Take away from Attica & Fremont? I'm sure Sommers worked with Attica and Fremont when scheduling all Mansfield's big events for 2018, notice Attica and Fremont are both off that weekend. Meanwhile Fremont refuses to pay the sanctioning fees for ASCoC and horrible track prep has kept the WoO from coming back, but here you are defending them. I'm not about track bashing, but when you're gonna slam Mansfield for doing something different I can't help but defend them. SCWC should be awesome event.

Comment

if anything this event should HELP Ohio teams. A nice little check and get put in the national perspective. This event will likely bring people in to the state who wouldn’t come otherwise, and may be more inclined to come back to see our local tracks after seeing the talented drivers our the weekly tracks have to offer.
                  2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

I agree with GTigers55 also I think it is making other tracks step up their programs.
                    Actually thinks it helps the other tracks by bring more awareness to our state.

Comment

I said this in another thread but I don't think it's a question of if they will get cars or fans to come because there should be plenty. The key thing is will they have good track conditions & prep to put on a good race and will everything be organized? From getting the cats going to the concessions. I applaud anyone for trying to do what they are doing but can they create an event to where everyone says I'll go next year or will everyone leave disappointed. Old wrestling promoter once told me hell I can put any event on once that's easy. The hard part is making a profit and being able to do it again

Comment

I just want it known I wasn't busting balls for having a big early spring race, just that I am tired off this crappy Ohio weather and hope it breaks. I will be there the 28th.

Comment

Attica and Fremont typically have races on the last weekend of April. This year they don't. Mansfield announced this race late last year and dared Attica and Fremont to schedue against it. Attica and Fremont chose not to. I have the unpopular viewpoint that Mansfield should have remained pavement. I had hopes of ARCA, ISMA, MSA, Must See, AVBSS, and USAC Silver Crown events at MMS. NASCAR K&N series would have been a good fit for MMS too. Ohio has plenty of great dirt tracks. What I wanted was a great special event pavement track.

Comment

Mansfield did not have any promoters who wanted to invest in it as pavement as it sat empty so long.
                            I saw Rich Farmer being race director? or something at the shows I attended so maybe he has an investment in Mansfield? That would explain Fremont not running.
                            The track who will mostly be affected will be WCS.
                            WCS has 4 nights of racing against MMS racing.
                            WCS drops the sprints at their shows for the sprint shows at MMS and the late models when MMS has late models.
                            So does Attica and Fremont have some investment in MMS where they are gaining and not losing?

Comment

I will say a hard call on those nights who to support WCS or Mansfield for me. WCS has become a very well run track with very good racing that I want to support but I also would like to see the big races at Mansfield and support those. I just fear how the show would be run at Mansfield and would not want to attend the fiasco they had last year at their Great Lakes FAST/BOSS race.

Comment

Working...
                              X