No announcement yet.

Sprint Car World Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rico and that Kreitz 69k (which looks great this year by the way) are my two early picks to win. Good to see some of the Knoxville guys coming over too!

Comment

Best part about this race is no outlwas will be there. That is nothing against the outlaws but hoping a small budget team can take home the $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
        Best part about this race is no outlwas will be there. That is nothing against the outlaws but hoping a small budget team can take home the $$$$$
        Well said. It’s always fun to see someone other than a big time team operation win one. If people want to see Schatz and others, they are at Eldora I believe 6 times this year. I won’t be attending this event but there is a good chance there could be lots of dicing for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post

Well said. It’s always fun to see someone other than a big time team operation win one. If people want to see Schatz and others, they are at Eldora I believe 6 times this year. I won’t be attending this event but there is a good chance there could be lots of dicing for the win.
          Make that 7 times this year. Ohio asked for more outlaw races at tracks not named at Eldora. Logical decision was to give Eldora another race... LMAO
          2018 Race Counter: 22
          Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Saw on twitter they have new sponsor and 76 cars registered.

Comment

Tim Shaffer just tweeted that he and the Demyan-Rudzik team will be at Mansfield instead of the Outlaw show in Texas. Things that make ya go hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by HordRaceWatcher View Post
                Tim Shaffer just tweeted that he and the Demyan-Rudzik team will be at Mansfield instead of the Outlaw show in Texas. Things that make ya go hmmm
                I have to wonder if it wasn't in the back of their mind all along....sign up for the WoO to get the tow money for the Western swing & then assess how it's going once racing starts in the mid west.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead View Post

I have to wonder if it wasn't in the back of their mind all along....sign up for the WoO to get the tow money for the Western swing & then assess how it's going once racing starts in the mid west.
                  I was wondering the same thing. However, I would think that the Platinum agreement he signed would have some stipulations to get and keep the tow money. It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds. Is he done following the Outlaws already? Did he get permission to run Mansfield when he signed the Platinum agreement? Will he just take the loss of points or whatever penalty they may give him? Will he be the only Outlaw to show up? Things are getting interesting that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post

I was wondering the same thing. However, I would think that the Platinum agreement he signed would have some stipulations to get and keep the tow money. It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds. Is he done following the Outlaws already? Did he get permission to run Mansfield when he signed the Platinum agreement? Will he just take the loss of points or whatever penalty they may give him? Will he be the only Outlaw to show up? Things are getting interesting that's for sure.
                    Saldana basically did the same thing. Signed on as Platinum Member, used up the provisional allotted to them, now signed on to run with the ASCoC..
                    2018 RACE COUNTER: 44

Volusia - 3, Attica - 12, Atomic - 4, Wayne County - 10, Mansfield - 3, Hilltop - 1, Waynesfield - 3, Eldora - 3, Sharon - 2, Thunder Mountain - 1, Fremont - 2

Comment

I don’t remember the article verbatim, but there was an one with comments by Shaffer which indicated the team was going to “ try “ running full time with the WoO, but funding and infrastructure was somewhat lacking. Since then, they haven’t had good finishes, so returning to home turf plus ASCOC might be their best choice, financially. They appear to be the type of team which has to race where they can perform the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
                        ^ I would agree with all that you said if and it's a big if, the track can run a well organized show and put on a event that I wouldn't hesitate to take a first time fan to.
                        I have my concerns on the topic of their ability on running an efficient and timely show, based off the problems they had last year, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and plan on attending this event.
                        I just hope they have that part of the program covered better this year. I do have another thing I would like to bring up. When your in the pits at Mansfield there is really no good place to watch the race from, except the backstretch. Last year we tried to watch from there and we were ran out and was told it was a safety issue. We also were roped so far away from the track in turn three that the large billboards blocked our view. I seen that they now plan on building deck style suites on the backstretch? Making me think that more revenue now out weighs safety??? So where can the people that already pay more for pit passes watch the races from and actually see the whole track? I, like many others prefer the pits. Just a simple question, not trying to be negative, but if I am going to spend almost $90 to just walk in I want to be able to witness the race and I should be allowed at least that luxury instead of having to walk around to the fan side and get in peoples way there? Something to consider.
                        Last edited by Racechasser; April 4th, 2018, 10:45 PM.
                        2018 Race Counter - Total- 28 + (Rainouts-15) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Haven't been there yet, but went to the first 3 truck races there and sat on the back stretch all 3 yrs. So don't know what could've changed to be a safety issue.

Comment

Those seats for the truck races were not permanent seats and are not there anymore. They have one of those deck style loges built on the back stretch and it is right up against the back stretch fence. Knowing how the dust is there, I would not want to sit there.

Comment

Originally posted by MFW View Post
                              Haven't been there yet, but went to the first 3 truck races there and sat on the back stretch all 3 yrs. So don't know what could've changed to be a safety issue.
                              I do know at some events when pyro was at the event they would set up along backstretch. No clue about which specific event you were at and if pyro was there, just saying in general I know this was the case.

Comment

Mansfield released a competitor's guide that outlines the time schedule and basic format. Both nights are tied in together but are NOT points from my interpretation of the rules. Very unique format for sure. Link is below for full write up. There will be an open practice with free general admission thursday evening. Although the format is a little confusing, I actually like it.

Here's the skinny of the format (please read the attached link for full details)
                                Thursday Night
                                Open practice from 6-9
                                Friday Night - Racing starts at 7, Hot laps at 5:30 Quali at 6
                                Qualifying - Odd numbered qualifiers make up Prelim 1, evens make up Prelim 2
                                Heats - Invert 4 from qualifying, Prelim 1 heats first, top 4 to their respective A main Top 2 to redraw. Prelim 2 next (8 Laps)
                                B Mains - Prelim 1 and Prelim 2 seperate B's, top four to their respective A main (15 Laps)
                                A Mains - Prelim 1 and Prelim 2 - top 4 finishers in each are locked into Saturday's feature and are dubbed the "Elite 8" (30 Laps)

Saturday Night - Start time for Heats is 7 PM, hot laps and engine heat starting at 5:30
                                Heats - Lined up straight up on finishing order on Friday night, Winners of heat race transfer to the A main & Redraw (8 Laps)
                                Dash - Elite 8 dash, random draw determines start order (done friday after races) and finishing order determines rows 1-4 in feature (8 Laps)
                                C Mains - Top 4 transfer to B's (12 Laps)
                                B Mains - Top 4 transfer to Main event (12 Laps)
                                Non Qualifiers Race - Unsure as to how it's determined who makes up this field, but just a race for money for non-qualifying drivers (20 Laps)
                                A Main - Field of 22-25 Cars (based on Provisionals from Great Lakes Dirt Nats last year) 50 Lap main event

http://www.mansfieldmotorspeedway.co...ITOR_GUIDE.pdf
                                2018 Race Counter: 22
                                Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Working...
                                X