Attica prognostications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attica prognostications

Most forecasts for Thursday and Friday show partly to mostly sunny and highs of 46– 48 degrees, despite today’s ( Wed. ) rain or snow showers. What’s everyone’s thinking about the possibility of racing Friday ? Estimated car counts ? If it hits 47-48 with sun, it’s unlikely it would drop below 33 degrees until well after the show was over. Hey, for now let’s not worry about Mansfield and talk up the possibility of this weekends opener.

Not the start of spring everyone was hoping for.
    I will guess only the die hard fans will show up if in the 40s. Raising my hand for not wanting to sit out in that cold and I am pretty dedicated. I find spring cold very different from fall cold.]
    I will guess car count around 20 and less for lates.
    Actually seems more of a weather pattern I remember from years ago when racing didnt get off the ground until the end of April cause of temperatures and rain.
    Back then May would be prime.

Comment

Attica said an announcement will be made today. As of 12:20 pm, nothing official has been released. A prediction was requested, so here's mine. They race Friday night. Dress warmly. Drink plenty of coffee.

Comment

What forecasts are you looking at? Google weather and Weather channel are showings highs of 39 and 40 degrees. Down to 30 by 9pm... With that said I don't see them racing.

Comment

It’s going to be very cold but I remember being there two years ago in similar conditions for opening night. If they race, car count for the 410s should be stellar. Dietrich expresses interest in running Ohio this weekend on Twitter. Should be good show and I imagine the fan count will still be very solid. Attica gets big crowds opening night from people just ready to watch a race.
          2018 Race Counter: 2
          Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Great thing about Attica is they will keep an eye on conditions and make the right call. They are very good about updating their info.

Comment

Hoping they race, im ready! Florida teased me.

Comment

Toledo 13 at 5am today said high Friday 40. Friend said Attica has 3" snow today....... Magic 8 ball says better luck next time

Comment

Ain't happening!

Comment

Cancelled...

Comment

Attica has announced that the race is cancelled. At least I can stop holding on hope 😔
                      Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

New prediction: April 6th will be opening night. I noticed that Easter is on April Fool's day. No foolin'.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                          New prediction: April 6th will be opening night. I noticed that Easter is on April Fool's day. No foolin'.
                          Boy i REALLY Hope you're wrong!!!
                          Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

Boy i REALLY Hope you're wrong!!!
                            So do I. The long term forcast for Attica is colder than average temperatures. Let's hope Accuweather is wrong. I have Carharts, a Yeti thermos and a propane heater. Cold doesn't keep me away from the track in the spring. It does in the fall.

Comment

Week two prediction. I'm going to retract my original prediction for March 30th. ARP will race this Friday. The high is supposed to be 46 so they should be able to get the event completed in above freezing temperatures. Unless the grounds are too wet this Friday, we're going racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X