Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercer Raceway Park might have special events

http://sprintdudes.com/mercer.html

I see they announced the tractor pulls but im betting they still will have Little Guy Nationals since its a big money grab for the track. The entry fees alone pay for the purse and with having over 250 cars last year I can see them doing it again. And I doubt anyone is going to buy it for what the owner wants.

They did have offers from what I read right?
    2018 Race Counter: 2
    Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

There is a rumor that someone is planning to lease Mercer this fall and run the Little Guy Nationals. That's a long time from now, anything can happen. The ULMS called their season opener at Port Royal the Chiller Thriller. Not sure what that means.

Comment

A western pa family with modifieds offered 750,000 but owner wants more. Eric turkey Williams ran little guys nationals last year and I'd imagine he would run it again.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
          A western pa family with modifieds offered 750,000 but owner wants more. Eric turkey Williams ran little guys nationals last year and I'd imagine he would run it again.
          Starting to sound like Millstream. Mercer has gone out of business I believe 3 times from the 1970’s to the present, and with no economic growth in that area which would make land valuable, I’d take the 750K and run. In today’s world ( of greed ), a lot of people think things are worth a lot more than what they’re really worth. Hopefully the owner will sell it at a logical price so that yet another new owner can give it a try. If it sits idle for a year or two, survival will be difficult. That area has lost Hickory Speedway and Sportsman’s Speedway in the not too distant past, and I see where Tri City is only racing a few shows this year. Despite the dust , I’ve alwys liked Mercer, and I hope someone who likes racing and has operating capital takes it over. Years ago Mercer held one of the larger events in that area, the “ Western Pennsylvania Sprint Car Championship “.

Comment

I like mercer too and went quite often just a few years ago when wcs ran Friday nights. Mercer had descent car counts in all divisions then too. Not sure what happened in all the divisions but in the 410 it seemed that the purse was just too low and the fans didn't support the 410s at that track. Even when the allstars came it was still a small crowd. I have argued with other fans on facebook about the shape of the track not being ideal or entertaining for 410s. Cant pass and turns 3 and 4 are so tight if you get a good run going then boom..... your bouncing the right rear off the front stretch wall. If they had a clue the best thing they had going every year was little guy nats and they should of realized having no 410s would of been a better idea. Moving forward Sharon and Deerfield are growing strong in the area and all the divisions have been gobbled up but mercer is a modified track in my opinion. Hopefully it sells and they run modifieds weekly. 305s are a mess in that area with the winged Alleghany touring racesavers and now the rush wingless. All the ohio 305s are built motors so I wouldn't bother trying to lure the fast 305s over and focus on the crate 305 in the area. Time will tell but it needs a new owner and a new vision.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
              I like mercer too and went quite often just a few years ago when wcs ran Friday nights. Mercer had descent car counts in all divisions then too. Not sure what happened in all the divisions but in the 410 it seemed that the purse was just too low and the fans didn't support the 410s at that track. Even when the allstars came it was still a small crowd. I have argued with other fans on facebook about the shape of the track not being ideal or entertaining for 410s. Cant pass and turns 3 and 4 are so tight if you get a good run going then boom..... your bouncing the right rear off the front stretch wall. If they had a clue the best thing they had going every year was little guy nats and they should of realized having no 410s would of been a better idea. Moving forward Sharon and Deerfield are growing strong in the area and all the divisions have been gobbled up but mercer is a modified track in my opinion. Hopefully it sells and they run modifieds weekly. 305s are a mess in that area with the winged Alleghany touring racesavers and now the rush wingless. All the ohio 305s are built motors so I wouldn't bother trying to lure the fast 305s over and focus on the crate 305 in the area. Time will tell but it needs a new owner and a new vision.
              Speaking to the 305s. Atomic has shifted to an open 305 rule this year. Wonder if anyone will pop in for some races down there from up this way now.
              2018 Race Counter: 2
              Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

I knew the lady who owned it ( Vicki Emig ) for years, prior to the current owner. She told me more than once that whenever she tried to have a special event , with the associated higher admission price, people would not come, due to the higher admission price. Might be best for the track to just run good, well rounded, “ regular “ shows. I agree the track configuration is a bit strange, and could probably use a new contour so that it is a true oval. Would not want to see it closed for good. The track ownership business is a tough one, and I don’t envy any owner / operator.

Comment

Always wanted to check place out but never got chance yet. I've always heard good about

Comment

Working...
                  X