Atomic Trying!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic Trying!

According to Atomic Speedway website the sun is out and they are working on the track. They are going to try and get the scheduled race program in tomorrow night. Daytime high of 60 with breezy conditions. That could help the drying process. Hoping for the best as this seems like maybe one of the few Midwest tracks that are even trying to get the scheduled races in.

Sprints and late models on the card. Should be a good car count if they can get it in.

I think they are starting early. Seems I saw gates at 4, hot laps at 4.

Comment

According to the website, gates open at 2 PM. They are having an Easter egg hunt for the kids starting at 3 PM. You are correct that hot laps are scheduled for 4 PM.

Comment

I plan on being there. Looks like it’ll be beautiful.
        2018 Race Counter: 22
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Was a good show last night. Sprinkled from heat races until the end of the night but made for really good racing. A couple ruts caused a few flips but other than that the track was very good considering the amount of rain over the past week. Duncan came away with the win in the sprints and Casebolt won the late models. Taylor Cook from North Carolina won the modified race, and the sport mod winner was Emily Jordan whose transmission locked up on the back stretch after taking the checkered flag. Ended up walking over to victory lane without the car.

Very good racing across all 4 divisions, was worried with some gusty winds that we were gonna have a repeat of Mansfield's first attempt at the all star show last year where the tornado nearly touched down.
          Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

How was the crowd? We wanted to be there but with the early start and I had to work later than I was anticipating, it just wouldn't work. Glad that they were able to get the show in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post
              How was the crowd? We wanted to be there but with the early start and I had to work later than I was anticipating, it just wouldn't work. Glad that they were able to get the show in.
              I'd say it was a fair crowd considering the weather. Track was very dry for hot laps and qualifying but then they watered it and it was better but choppy at each end. Although they started early it was probably getting close to 7 before they ran the first heat. All in all a decent show.

Comment

Yeah crowd was fair. Not great by any means but not sure on what is normal there. Lot more seats too makes it seem spread out. Quite a few cars decided to not take the chance racing last night though that surprised me. Expected Broughton out there and some more guys from down south.

Comment

Well I was going to go, Took dogs out at noon and wind was whipping, came in and checked radar and it was very iffy. Im surprised they got it in, We got a lot of rain from 7pm on 50 miles west.

Oh well, possibly two this week with No Way out at Brownstown and Lawrenceburg.

Comment

Brownstown was also trying to get the show in but fell victim to more rain and had to cancelled. As I'm typing this it is snowing here big time. No it isn't an April Fools joke either. Cold and breezy with a possible accumulation of 2-3 inches by morning. Predicting 66 and thunderstorms on Tuesday. Only in Indiana. Low temperatures for the rest of this week up to the weekend are 20's to low 30's. Certainly not very good for racing that's for sure.

Comment

Snowed all along I-70 in Ohio. Nearly 70 with storms Tuesday and snow Wednesday πŸ˜‚ Ohio makes little sense too.

Comment

This might be one of the symptoms of global warming that many in Washington think we are not experiencing.πŸ˜€. Climatologists say inconsistent / erratic weather is part of it. Toledo TV11 Meteorologist has been very accurate in recent forecasts, and if he is correct for the coming weekend, the rain / snow is Friday, while Saturday is sunny but only 43, and Sunday is high 40’s and sunny. An early evening Sunday rain date may sound crazy, but with several days of advanced notice, the idea might be worth considering. If the first race were at 6 pm, the show could be over at 9 pm. Just throwing this out there for feedback .

Comment

Oops β€”β€”- i meant the prior post to go on the attica 4/6– 4/7 thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X