All Stars 4/6 & 4/7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post
    Here’s a novel idea : Drop time trials of any type for all support divisions and start on time and finish before the eleven o’clock News. They’re on their 4th promoter in 15 years and the one thing that has been consistent has been late nights. I used to go there several times per year but ceased about 2010. Used to get home to northern Ohio at 3.30 to 4.30 A.M. Too old for that now.
    When I first started racing there in the mid 80's it was a very well run show. Actually we'd get home quicker from atomic (KC) with a 2 hr drive than we would from the burg with a 40 min drive. I would jokingly say that I could drive the car to the payoff window after pulling off the track. Typically we'd be paid before we got everything loaded.

Comment

I'm thinking Attica & Fremont open the same weekend by future cast

Comment

At this rate of weather many tracks might end up opening last week of April.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, and hate to be so negative, but there won't be any racing in Ohio this weekend. Maybe next weekend will be better. Back to back ARP and Fremont opening nights. That would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
            I hope I'm wrong, and hate to be so negative, but there won't be any racing in Ohio this weekend. Maybe next weekend will be better. Back to back ARP and Fremont opening nights. That would be great.
            I agree it's probably all gonna get froze out even if there is no rain rest of week. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will randomly get warm this weekend. This is ohio after all.
            2018 Race Counter: 7
            Atomic (1), Attica (2), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (1)

Comment

Heard from friend down near Waverley and he said they got pounded. He said they'll be lucky to get into fields by mid may at this rate, but you know how farmers like to be lil over dramatic

Comment

All stars have cancelled the atomic event and postponed Attica to April 20th.
                2018 Race Counter: 7
                Atomic (1), Attica (2), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (1)

Comment

With the weather getting more erratic by the year , one wonders it it will be 75-80 degrees in October, like it was last Fall, at which time all the tracks were closed.

Comment

Son of a ....., Why the ....., How the ...., Mother......, Sigh. Mother nature is a you know what. Feel bad for everyone the tracks, drivers, and fans. Looks like I probably won't be able to go see anything till Eldora's let's race 2 weekend. Was hoping the unpredictable Ohio weather would break in everyone's favor but it doesn't appear so. Sorry to you farmers but here's to hoping for a dry summer if we even get one

Comment

Working...
                    X