Call Your Shot - All Stars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Your Shot - All Stars

With the start of the All Stars points season allegedly starting this upcoming weekend I believe it's time to call your shot. There are 20 full time ASCOC drivers this year (listed below) and 15 point fund positions paid out. Pick your top 15 for the All stars this year.

Drivers: Chad Kemenah #10H.., Max Stambaugh, #5M.., Caleb Helms #17.., Brandon Spithaler #22.., John Garvin Jr #51.., Tyler Esh #35.., Jordan Mackison #1080.., Hunter Mackison #95... Aaron Reutzel #87...Ayrton Olsen #71... Cale Conley #7k... Carl Bowser #98... Carson Macedo #3G... Dave Blaney #70... Jac Haudenschild #3... Joey Saldana #26... Max McGhee #11... Parker Price-Miller #4... Paul McMahan #13... Trevor Baker #45

My top 5 Picks: I'm picking Carson Macedo (1st) to win it as a dark horse. I think he's got just as much talent as some of the savvy vets like Kemenah, Saldana, and McMahan but I feel he has the attitude like he has something to prove. The Gaerte ride is very formidable car and I think Macedo has the ability to claim an All Star crown in his first tour. Joey Saldana (2nd) I think will be most people's pick to win the title, but I'm not sure that he'll blow anyone away. I think he'll have the most wins this season but I just believe Macedo will be more consistent overall as Saldana seems to have bad luck. Chad Kemenah (3rd) will likely be consistent per usual but with harder competition I think he'll have a harder time moving up through the field as he so often does. I think if he can qualify well he has a chance to win title, but I think that will be key in his attempt to repeat this year. I'm taking Paul McMahan in 4th, primarily due to experience and his hot start to the year in florida. He held his own in a decent car owned by the Wheatley's in Cali swing. Aaron Reutzel (5th) I think will have a very good inaugural season in the 410s, but adapting to the 410 fulltime may cause some hiccups here and there and that's why I'm only predicting a top 5 finish in addition to a lack of experience at some of the tracks on the schedule. I think overall the top 5 will be a very very close points battle.

6-10: I have PPM coming in 6th in the points. He's a very talented young driver but as much as this team has raced I just doubt the consistent speed being there in the Destiny Motorsports house. Dave Blaney (7th) and the Premier Motorsports team I think is going to be more highly thought of than where I have them. The car has been fast in spurts, and Blaney has been fast in spurts too. However, I'm unsure how Dave will fair going back to a full time schedule after having hit and miss the last two seasons in the Motter Car. I have Jac Haudenschild (8th) finishing this low simply because Jac is Jac and that will never change. I imagine he'll pick up some thrilling wins but inconsistency to me will put him behind a class consisting of some very talented drivers. Caleb Helms (9th) has been looking better and better, but The talent pool that's in the All Stars is gonna hurt him in the points race this year. Mad Max Stambaugh (10th) may have a bit more issues this year when it comes to running the team as well as driving, that being said, I think he'll be one of the better family ran teams running the All Star circuit this year finishing behind only Jac and Caleb when it comes to family teams.

11-15: I have Tyler Esh running in 11th. He ran very well and certainly improved last year until his injury occured. I look for him to possibly snooker a win if he gets starting up front and in dashes.Trevor Baker (12th) has some very good equipment but does have consistency issues in my experience (quick time on lap one of qualifying and spin out on the second for example..). I think having the equipment will certainly help over the course of the season. Brandon Spithaler (13th) has some experience at the tracks from last year and has been known to run a few quicktimes including breaking the track record at Angell Park prior to the event being rained out. I believe his strong qualifying efforts will put him in a place to consistently be in the A mains, even if he doesn't run up front in them. Carl Bowser (14th) is a solid Western PA driver in a good car for the region headed out on tour for the all stars the first time. Although I believe he'll see some struggles, I think he'll do well enough to outrun some of the other inexperienced drivers on the tour. Cale Conley (15th) and the Dave Jessup team have picked up some wins in the Ohio region last year, but It seems already that they've had a few mechanical issues which is why I have them lower on the list.

The Rest (no particular order): Inexperience and/or inadequate equipment leaves John Garvin Jr, Jordan and Hunter Mackison, Ayrton Olsen, and Max McGhee out of the top 15 in points. I imagine one or more of these drivers will drop off by speedweek.

1. Carson Macedo
    2. Joey Saldana
    3. Chad Kemenah
    4. Paul McMahan
    5. Aaron Reutzel
    6. Parker Price-Miller
    7. Dave Blaney
    8. Jac Haudenschild
    9. Caleb Helms
    10. Max Stambaugh
    11. Tyler Esh
    12. Trevor Baker
    13. Brandon Spihaler
    14. Carl Bowser
    15. Cale Conley
    2018 Race Counter: 22
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

1. Saldana
    2.McMahan
    3.Kemenah
    4.Macedo
    5.PPM
    6.Jac Haud
    7.Dave Blaney
    8.Reutzel
    9.Helms
    10.Cale Conley
    11.Stambaugh
    12.Esh
    13.Spithaler
    14.Bowser
    15.Hunter Mack
    16.Baker
    17.Jordam Mack
    18.Mcghee
    19.Garvin
    20.Olsen

Comment

The allstars have some big shows this year and you have to take consistent qualifying into making this list. From 9th on down will be hard for these guys to make features. Especially all the races against the posse and mid west races. Reutzel going to many new tracks is why I have him 8th. Dave Blaney just isn't that great to be a top five from what ive seen from him lately and the pete grove car. Jac will crash or blow his tires off and lose points from time to time. PPM should be on the rise with the new ride and put a solid year together. Same with Macedo but I cant take him to win points when he's young and takes chances more then those above him. kemenah will be consistent but just not enough. McMahan is a seasoned vet and experience at all the tracks will help him make the features. And Saldana can win any race on the schedule. Fast every night out and hopefully the 26 car and him have the team in place go win the championship.

Comment

1. Kemenah 2. Saldana 3. Macedo 4. McMahon 5. PPM 6. Helms 7. Conley 8. Reutzel. 9. Blaney 10. Haud

Comment

Wanting Macedo as well and think he has a great future. If McMahon is in the 13 he will be tough. I think he still is one of the best with proper equipment.

Mcmahon
          Saldana
          Kemenah
          Reutzuel
          Macedo
          Blaney
          Haud
          Ppm
          Stambach
          Esh
          Helms
          Conley
          Bowser
          Spithaler
          Hunter mack

Comment

I am taking Kemenah over Ruetzel. Macedo 3rd. Haud as my sentimental pick and PPM.

I look to see Saldana and McMahon not finishing the season and doing more like Shaffer last year.

Comment

1. Kemenah
              2. Reutzel
              3. Mcmahan
              4. Saldana
              5. Price-Miller
              6. Macedo
              7. Haudenschild
              8. Blaney
              9. Helms
              10. Conley
              11. Stambaugh
              12. Bowser
              13. Esh
              14. Baker
              15. Spithaler

Comment

1)-Kemenah
                2)-McMahan
                3)-Saldana
                4)-Macedo
                5)-Reutzel
                6)-Haudenschild
                7)-Blaney
                8)-Helms
                9)-Price-Miller
                10)-Spithaler
                11)-Stambaugh
                12-Conley
                13)-McGhee
                14)-Hunter, Mack
                15)-Baker

Comment

I think it will be a battle between Kemenah and Saldana. Chad's consistency and knowledge of the tracks will have him running for another championship. Saldana is an elite qualifier and has a ton of laps at the PA tracks which should help him. It should be fun watching these two go at it.

Haud, McMahan, and Dave Blaney are guys that can win races but also have rough nights. Jac is Jac and everybody knows that. I just don't know how much Dave actually wants to race. He seems like he does it just because he can. McMahan can steal a night or two.

Macedo, Reutzel, PPM, and Helms are all very good young drivers that just don't have the consistency yet to win a championship in my mind.

Esh is a wildcard for me. He was impressive a couple nights i was at the track. He's a guy that jumped into the deep end of the pool and took his lumps. I think he can be very good in a couple years.

I'm excited for this season. The All Stars have a good thing going right now.

Comment

So based upon this tow money announcement from the all stars for the weekend it appears that both Max Stambaugh and Trevor Baker will not be running the all stars.
                    Driver Winnings Payable Provisionals Tow 17 member
                    Kemenah Hunter Racing LTD 2 300 25
                    Helms Helms Racing Inc. 2 300 25
                    McMahan West Earl Equipment Company 2 300
                    Price-Miller Destiny Motorsports 2 300
                    Conley Dave Jessup Racing 2 300
                    Blaney Premier Motorsports LLC 2 300
                    Garvin Liz Matus Racing 2 250 25
                    H. Mackison Mackison, John Hunter 2 250 25
                    J. Mackison Mackison, Jordan 2 250 25
                    Saldana Rudeen Racing 250
                    Esh Travis Esh 2 100 25
                    Spithaler Brandon Spithaler 2 100 25
                    Haudenschild Jac Haudenschild 2 100
                    Macedo Joe Gaerte Racing, LLC 2 100
                    Bowser Chiappelli Motorsports Inc 2 100
                    McGhee Michael McGhee 2 100
                    Olsen A.O. Enterprises 2 100
                    Reutzel Baughman Reutzel Motorsports 2 100
                    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Kemenah; Jac; Price-Miller; Blaney; Reutzel the top 5. Neither Saldana or McMahan will run the whole season.

Comment

Originally posted by armyduke View Post
                        Kemenah; Jac; Price-Miller; Blaney; Reutzel the top 5. Neither Saldana or McMahan will run the whole season.
                        Looks reasonable, but my bet is that not more than 12 drivers will compete in 90 to 100 % of the events completed ( calculated after the season ends - total series events completed divided by the number attended ). But, still a big improvement over the previous management, when 4-6 teams ran 100 %.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                          So based upon this tow money announcement from the all stars for the weekend it appears that both Max Stambaugh and Trevor Baker will not be running the all stars.
                          Driver Winnings Payable Provisionals Tow 17 member
                          Kemenah Hunter Racing LTD 2 300 25
                          Helms Helms Racing Inc. 2 300 25
                          McMahan West Earl Equipment Company 2 300
                          Price-Miller Destiny Motorsports 2 300
                          Conley Dave Jessup Racing 2 300
                          Blaney Premier Motorsports LLC 2 300
                          Garvin Liz Matus Racing 2 250 25
                          H. Mackison Mackison, John Hunter 2 250 25
                          J. Mackison Mackison, Jordan 2 250 25
                          Saldana Rudeen Racing 250
                          Esh Travis Esh 2 100 25
                          Spithaler Brandon Spithaler 2 100 25
                          Haudenschild Jac Haudenschild 2 100
                          Macedo Joe Gaerte Racing, LLC 2 100
                          Bowser Chiappelli Motorsports Inc 2 100
                          McGhee Michael McGhee 2 100
                          Olsen A.O. Enterprises 2 100
                          Reutzel Baughman Reutzel Motorsports 2 100
                          Apparently Saldana did an interview the other day and said they have no intentions to stick to the ASCoC schedule full time...

Comment

Shame. Team would be extremely able to win the series.

Comment

Is the 2018 All Star roster 15,18, or 20 teams ? I have seen several lists on Pitgate, with varying numbers. Looks like there were 17 “regulars” at Williams Grove. I didn’t include Tony, as he is not a regular nor on any of the lists. One or more of th lists had McGhee, Stambaugh, and Baker on a list, but none of these 3 were present. Just wondering which list is factual, in order to draw comparisons later in the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X