No announcement yet.

Call Your Shot - All Stars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same hype every year. I expect 10 - 12 full timers to stick it out the entire season and Kemenah and Blaney at the top of the standings. Business as usual.
    ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
      Is the 2018 All Star roster 15,18, or 20 teams ? I have seen several lists on Pitgate, with varying numbers. Looks like there were 17 “regulars” at Williams Grove. I didn’t include Tony, as he is not a regular nor on any of the lists. One or more of th lists had McGhee, Stambaugh, and Baker on a list, but none of these 3 were present. Just wondering which list is factual, in order to draw comparisons later in the year.
      Baker and Stambaugh decided not to run the tour. McGhee is running still but was sick and had Cole Duncan fill in for him in their car. The list that is actually running is the list I posted on the tow money sheet minus Saldana as of now.

And Swamp, there were 14 guys who stayed on tour last year (out of 18) and 12 in 2016. Still very good following for a series. But when you only pay the top 15 spots you'd have to be a bit crazy to race if you're not gonna even get in the point fund.
      2018 Race Counter: 2
      Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp View Post
        Same hype every year. I expect 10 - 12 full timers to stick it out the entire season and Kemenah and Blaney at the top of the standings. Business as usual.
        I agree with this assessment. Every year the list starts out big, and that is what all the fans hang their hats on. But, by the end of the season, the reality is always quite different. The tow money helps, but you have to consistently make the Main and also have a reasonable number of top 5 and 10 finishes to avoid a high reliance on credit cards, home equity loans, donations, etc. But, on a positive note, 10 to 12 full time teams ( 100% attendance ) is very good considering these are part time efforts and not full time jobs. The drop off from 17-20 to 10-12 will commence after Ohio Speedweek. But even then, 10-12 100% attendance teams is still quite good and realistic. It sure beats the 4-6 we had just a few years ago.

Comment

Attica had a good very good group of 410's last night. The heat races were not that exciting, although to be fair, it was a single groove track at that point. The latemodels and 305's had more entertaining heats. I think the latemodels and 305's had the best features too. The new look for DJ Foos's car is very cool. If there was a best appearing car award, he would have won it.

Comment

Working...
          X