Baer Field 1/4 mile Dirt Track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baer Field 1/4 mile Dirt Track

Appears they scrapped this idea after only one year of operating. Have intermittently checked their site and no schedule had been released. Now it's tab has been removed entirely. Congrats to Valenti for picking up the only sprint car win ever held at that track.
    2018 Race Counter: 2
    Atomic (1), Attica (1)

They announced during the off season that they were taking a year off from racing on the dirt. I attended a late model race there last year and they really need a lot of work in order to bring the facility up to speed. I hope they continue to work on it as I believe that it could be a good track. It was pretty flat and if they want to have side by side racing I believe that they will need to add some banking to the track in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
      Appears they scrapped this idea after only one year of operating. Have intermittently checked their site and no schedule had been released. Now it's tab has been removed entirely. Congrats to Valenti for picking up the only sprint car win ever held at that track.
      I was there to see Valenti win the SoD race.

Shane Cottle also won a sprint car race there unless that variety doesn't count. 😊

Comment

Didn’t know that they had ran a non wing show there. Well there were two then!
        Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

I was just giving you a hard time. It was an MTS race but it was a very strong field.

The opening night on the dirt was SoD. It rained out on Saturday and they used a rain date of Sunday. There was question if they would even get the race in and it started later than expected. Ended up being a very late night for a Sunday night. They offered all fans half off to any dirt race if you kept your ticket because if it.
          There was a good number of sprints on hand. Valenti of course won. It was a very small and flat 1/4 mile. If they reboot it they need to try to add some banking. It was the smallest crowd I have ever seen at a sprint car race. I did a quick count/estimate and there was probably less tha. 200 fans in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by MIRacing View Post
            I was just giving you a hard time. It was an MTS race but it was a very strong field.

The opening night on the dirt was SoD. It rained out on Saturday and they used a rain date of Sunday. There was question if they would even get the race in and it started later than expected. Ended up being a very late night for a Sunday night. They offered all fans half off to any dirt race if you kept your ticket because if it.
            There was a good number of sprints on hand. Valenti of course won. It was a very small and flat 1/4 mile. If they reboot it they need to try to add some banking. It was the smallest crowd I have ever seen at a sprint car race. I did a quick count/estimate and there was probably less tha. 200 fans in attendance.
            Wow that’s really sad. Very poor attendance.
            Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Didn't know they was running anything till basically after happened. Regardless it's nice to see new track and a place that realize their faults and working to fix them

Comment

They pissed in their own drink when it comes to attendance with their poor scheduling. Some of the nights they chose to race were just plain foolish. There were plenty of people that warned their owners and tried to offer suggestions to improve their situation, but they were very stubborn and ignorant of reality. They reaped the consequences of that and a year off to re-evaluate is probably wise.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopscoach View Post
                  They pissed in their own drink when it comes to attendance with their poor scheduling. Some of the nights they chose to race were just plain foolish. There were plenty of people that warned their owners and tried to offer suggestions to improve their situation, but they were very stubborn and ignorant of reality. They reaped the consequences of that and a year off to re-evaluate is probably wise.
                  Who owns it? The Roe's? Sounds like Millstream.
                  ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Working...
                  X