Weekend Outlook 4/20-4/22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook 4/20-4/22

Looks like the weather will cooperate for the majority of Ohio with projected mid-50s and partly cloudy Friday-Sunday. Rain early in the week may dampen some tracks too much for racing, but I think that most should be able to go. This will be opening weekend for a majority of the Ohio tracks due to weather, besides Attica, Atomic, and Legendary hilltop. There is a variety of cars and series racing throughout the state and will be a fantastic weekend of racing for the state assuming we can get the shows in.

I have my final college exam on April 20th and am spending the night with college friends that night. Saturday morning I'm gonna get the majority of my college stuff packed up into my tiny little Sunfire like tetris and head north to my fiances to start moving in. Thinking about going a little out of the way to hit Eldora's opener (1hr 15 there, 2 hr to fiances) or going straight up I-75 and hitting up Waynesfield which is literally not out of the way at all on my trip. Adds only 15 minutes of driving that I wouldn't have otherwise. I think that Eldora may be the better show but not sure I'll feel up to making that extra bit of a drive.

Where do you guys see yourself going racing this weekend?

Side Question: Would you guys like me to do a little write up like this each week? Thinking about doing it but want to make sure there is an interest.
    • April 20th
      • Attica Raceway Park – ASCoC 410 Sprints, Late Models, 305 Sprints
      • Deerfield Speedway – Test & Tune
      • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts
      • Jackson Co. Speedway – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Legends, Enduro
      • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Modlites, Mini Late Models
      • Limaland Motorsports Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
      • Raceway 7 – Test & Tune
      • Sharon Speedway – Lucas Oil Late Models, RUSH Modifieds
    • April 21st
      • Atomic Speedway – OSCS Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
      • Deerfield Speedway – Jr. Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Modlites, 600 Micros, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
      • Eldora Speedway – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Fremont Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks, Crate Late Models
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, + 2 Supports (Stocks, Compacts, Modlites, or Sport Modifieds?)
      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Trucks, Compacts
      • Wayne County Speedway – ASCoC Sprints, Late Models
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
    • April 22nd
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Legends, Enduro
      • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Enduro
      • Mansfield Motor Speedway – Test & Tune

2018 Race Counter: 2
    Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Non auto racing commitment Friday, and Fremont Speedway Saturday. This forum could use some young thinkers, so have at it.

Comment

I think it would be great if you have the time to continue. I appreciate all the work you have put in.

As for weather, I live closest to WCS and Hilltop and the rain has been coming down all day and there was flooding this evening.

Snow predicted for next 2 days with rain. Temperatures back to freezing in the evenings.

I am wondering if it can dry off enough for the All Star show at WCS this coming Saturday.

Comment

With this weather pattern we are seeing I personally won't even consider making a decision until later in the week. Snow, cold, rain and already wet grounds could spell doom and gloom for yet another racing weekend. I sure hope not but I will wait and see.

I am always interested in seeing your work. If time permits please continue. But don't let this consume time that you need to commit to other more important issues. Thanks for all you do.

Comment

We have flood warnings thru Friday, not a good sign for racing.
          It stays in the 40s until Saturday with 55 high and 39 low.
          Not the weather pattern for WCS I was hoping for as I was looking forward to the show.

Comment

If you want to do a weekly write-up, then by all means you should do it. I think everybody will read it. Have you ever considered submitting copy to Area Auto Racing News? That paper has weekly columnists, but none that cover Ohio exclusively. Todd Heintzelman's Sprint Car Scene is mostly focused on the PA Posse. Maybe there's room for a columnist writing about the Ohio sprint car scene. Attica, Fremont, and Wayne County are a hot bed of sprint car racing just like Williams Grove, Port Royal, and Lincoln.

Comment

I want to get to Eldora Saturday. It's been a while since they've had sprint cars there in April. That's weird to even say.

Comment

My plan is to go to Attica even though Sharon is a hour closer. No cooler policy, the food, and new dirt at Sharon sucks. I can only imagine the swamp in there parking lot this weekend. Car count wasn't impressive at last years Lucas oil show either so I'll take the extra hour for better everything at Attica. Saturday my plan is to go to deerfield opener but I've heard a rumor the bad weather this spring has construction upgrades behind schedule. Going to wcs if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                  If you want to do a weekly write-up, then by all means you should do it. I think everybody will read it. Have you ever considered submitting copy to Area Auto Racing News? That paper has weekly columnists, but none that cover Ohio exclusively. Todd Heintzelman's Sprint Car Scene is mostly focused on the PA Posse. Maybe there's room for a columnist writing about the Ohio sprint car scene. Attica, Fremont, and Wayne County are a hot bed of sprint car racing just like Williams Grove, Port Royal, and Lincoln.
                  I appreciate the kind remarks everyone. I may have to look into that suggestion racemak. Since I'll be done with college and starting work I'll have more free time could be a useful spending of time.
                  Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

I'd like to go to Attica but it's difficult being in Cincinnati & working till 5:30. I'm leaning towards eldora Saturday and although not Ohio I'll go to haubstadt Sunday if they run.

Comment

“ Racemak “ post is a good idea. Area Auto Racing News promised to increase coverage around here back when Mid American Auto Racing News went out of business years go, but it never really materialized. Yet, they do sell the paper in Ohio and have subscribers in Ohio too. Plus, it would add to your resume if you were to seek a job in Motorsports, even if part time. Racing needs new faces in all areas of the sport, to carry on when all us older folks are gone.

Comment

HEY GT! As an Area Auto Racing News correspondant, you would be given a press pass so you get in to the races for free. I think most tracks would honor an AARN press pass. Eldora might not. Todd Ridgeway has been covering Eldora for years.

Comment

START TIME UPDATE
                          Eldora has employed a "flex" schedule for start times in April and late season events and have moved up this Saturday April 21st's start time for racing to 4 PM with Hotlaps at 3 PM. Gates at 1.

Maybe I can pull a double and go to both eldora and waynesfield...
                          Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

I love a little twi-night racing program. That leaves me plenty of time to get home and get a good jag on.

Comment

Snowing off and on but enough to cover the ground in some areas and on top of the flood water.
                              What a crazy spring weather so far this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X