No announcement yet.

Weekend Outlook 4/20-4/22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO racing this coming weekend, unless you want to be very cold! Turn on the fireplace or dirtvision.
    Lets hope the Mansfield race goes on with good weather!

Comment

The track owners have to be discouraged by the forecast for this weekend. They cant seem to catch a break so far. I was viewing extended forecast and not an encouraging update. Hopefully as this is Ohio the weather will change for the better.
      Looking out my window at the slight covering of snow on the ground.

Comment

The forecast this weekend for northwest Ohio ( includes Attica and Fremont areas ) is sun and 53 for a high on Friday and sun and 55 for a high on Saturday, but in both cases cold late at night. This is from actual, local forecasts by meteorologists, not the often generalized “ Weather Channel “. I like the new policy at Eldora with the flex schedule, wherein they move the start time up by several hours if the weather is an issue for events held on Saturdays. They are employing that this Saturday.

Comment

Planning on Fremont Saturday even if a bit cold. They have lots of nights they are closed this year ( for other tracks and extended closure for the Fair ), so I want to go there when a race is held, despite temps.

Comment

I'm guessing if rain hits again nothing at Attica or Fremont this weekend.

Comment

Deerfield has cancelled all events this weekend. Open practice next Friday and racing saturday.
              2018 Race Counter: 24
              Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                The forecast this weekend for northwest Ohio ( includes Attica and Fremont areas ) is sun and 53 for a high on Friday and sun and 55 for a high on Saturday, but in both cases cold late at night. This is from actual, local forecasts by meteorologists, not the often generalized “ Weather Channel “. I like the new policy at Eldora with the flex schedule, wherein they move the start time up by several hours if the weather is an issue for events held on Saturdays. They are employing that this Saturday.
                Fremont Could Move Up Their Starting Times a Few Hours This Sat.? Just a Thought?
                2018 Race Counter - Total- 32 + (Rainouts-17) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-10, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Originally posted by Racechasser View Post

Fremont Could Move Up Their Starting Times a Few Hours This Sat.? Just a Thought?
                  Fremont will run a quick efficient show. Last year we were pushing features out close to 9:00 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                    Looks like the weather will cooperate for the majority of Ohio with projected mid-50s and partly cloudy Friday-Sunday. Rain early in the week may dampen some tracks too much for racing, but I think that most should be able to go. This will be opening weekend for a majority of the Ohio tracks due to weather, besides Attica, Atomic, and Legendary hilltop. There is a variety of cars and series racing throughout the state and will be a fantastic weekend of racing for the state assuming we can get the shows in.

I have my final college exam on April 20th and am spending the night with college friends that night. Saturday morning I'm gonna get the majority of my college stuff packed up into my tiny little Sunfire like tetris and head north to my fiances to start moving in. Thinking about going a little out of the way to hit Eldora's opener (1hr 15 there, 2 hr to fiances) or going straight up I-75 and hitting up Waynesfield which is literally not out of the way at all on my trip. Adds only 15 minutes of driving that I wouldn't have otherwise. I think that Eldora may be the better show but not sure I'll feel up to making that extra bit of a drive.

Where do you guys see yourself going racing this weekend?

Side Question: Would you guys like me to do a little write up like this each week? Thinking about doing it but want to make sure there is an interest.
                    • April 20th
                      • Attica Raceway Park – ASCoC 410 Sprints, Late Models, 305 Sprints
                      • Deerfield Speedway – Test & Tune
                      • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts
                      • Jackson Co. Speedway – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Legends, Enduro
                      • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Modlites, Mini Late Models
                      • Limaland Motorsports Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
                      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
                      • Raceway 7 – Test & Tune
                      • Sharon Speedway – Lucas Oil Late Models, RUSH Modifieds
                    • April 21st
                      • Atomic Speedway – OSCS Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
                      • Deerfield Speedway – Jr. Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Modlites, 600 Micros, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
                      • Eldora Speedway – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
                      • Fremont Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks, Crate Late Models
                      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, + 2 Supports (Stocks, Compacts, Modlites, or Sport Modifieds?)
                      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Trucks, Compacts
                      • Wayne County Speedway – ASCoC Sprints, Late Models
                      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
                    • April 22nd
                      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Legends, Enduro
                      • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Enduro
                      • Mansfield Motor Speedway – Test & Tune
                    I wouldn't mind it. Would bring some nice conversation back to this forum that at times goes silent. Good luck on your final exam. It's almost 10years ago when I took mine and it's a great feeling.

Depending on the weather I want to go to Attica on frFrid with my son. If that doesn't happen I may do Eldora on saturday with the flex schedule. One day maybe a few of us can meet up before the races. Always nice to meet the people behind the screen names

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post

One day maybe a few of us can meet up before the races. Always nice to meet the people behind the screen names
                      I'm game for this whenever. Don't know too many people at the tracks yet, and its hard getting my friends to go. I see Attica is looking at doing a "tweetup" to kickoff Speedweek which I'm looking forward to so I can put some faces to names.

Comment

Originally posted by HordRaceWatcher View Post

I'm game for this whenever. Don't know too many people at the tracks yet, and its hard getting my friends to go. I see Attica is looking at doing a "tweetup" to kickoff Speedweek which I'm looking forward to so I can put some faces to names.
                        Sounds good to me. If anyone is at Eldora this weekend I'm headed there by myself. Look for the guy in a camo wright state hat.

In other news, Atomic is also going to be starting early this Saturday due to temps. I believe it was 2 hours earlier than their scheduled start time.
                        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Just looked at the forecast and it looks like high of 50 low of 36 Friday night for Attica. May have to bring some blankets for me and the little one but we will probably make the two hour drive from Columbus up.

Saturday looks like some warmer temperatures but I think as far as car count and quality goes, atticA may be the best option. Hope to see a number of you there and hope the temperature cooperates

Comment

Originally posted by HordRaceWatcher View Post

Im always at a track and like to talk racing while drinking a beer. Just let me know ahead of time since I don't get on pitgate on race days usually.

Comment

Change of plans for me, gonna be taking some excess college stuff home and gonna go with my dad to Wayne County since it's gonna be a haul for me once I move up to BG. Looking forward too it should be a good night of racing!

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post

Im always at a track and like to talk racing while drinking a beer. Just let me know ahead of time since I don't get on pitgate on race days usually.
                                I'll be at Attica Friday night, front row to the right of the flagstand in a red retro ASCOC hat with my Brad Doty look alike buddy lol

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                                Change of plans for me, gonna be taking some excess college stuff home and gonna go with my dad to Wayne County since it's gonna be a haul for me once I move up to BG. Looking forward too it should be a good night of racing!
                                Hope to see ya there GT, the spring ASCOC race there last year was awesome with Sheldon winning and Jac in third.
                                I usually post a picture on twitter (same username as on here) of where I'm sitting so if anyone wants to come chat over a beer, you'll know where to find me!

Comment

Working...
                                X