Fremont or Wayne County Car Counts This Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fremont or Wayne County Car Counts This Weekend

So we have Fremont opener and Wayne County All Stars both on Saturday night. What is the car count predictions? I think could see some outsiders at both. IRA has postponed Saturday and Knoxville could be in jeapordy. Who knows.

Here is mine:
    Fremont - 28
    Wayne County - 46

im heading to Fremont. They will run a quick show plus closer to home for me.

My guess is Fremont somewhere around 26 and Wayne County around 40. I imagine guys like Philo, Jacobs, Stambaugh will be going to WCS over Fremont.
    2018 Race Counter: 7
    Atomic (1), Attica (2), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (1)

Comment

I would think all the FAST guys will stay at Fremont as they rarely seem to travel and better chance at the money.
      Fremont 24
      WCS. 32
      I am 2 hours closer to WCS than Fremont so that is my destination.

Comment

Both tracks will do good in terms of car counts. WCS will have more due to the higher purse. I’m going to Fremont. Close to home and they have too many “ off nights “ this season, so I feel I have to see as many as possible not knowing what the weather will be like this season ( rainouts ).

Comment

All Stars will pull more cars to WCS, but Fremont should still have ~25.
          WCS's cheeseburgers will pull me to WCS Saturday night.

Comment

Last Fremont race I attended was the WoO show that Kemenah won. I've been critical of Fremont's track prep and I don't think I'm alone on that. It just seems like every time I was there, there was zero cushion in 3 and 4. Now that the ASCoC doesn't go to Fremont, its just more reason not to see a race there. Was track prep any better in 2017? For my time and money I'd much rather see ASCoC @ wayne county even with it being an extra hour round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post
              Last Fremont race I attended was the WoO show that Kemenah won. I've been critical of Fremont's track prep and I don't think I'm alone on that. It just seems like every time I was there, there was zero cushion in 3 and 4. Now that the ASCoC doesn't go to Fremont, its just more reason not to see a race there. Was track prep any better in 2017? For my time and money I'd much rather see ASCoC @ wayne county even with it being an extra hour round trip.
              The wet springs make the track tough to prep, and 3-4 was rough and had a huge cushion most of last season. By the end of the year the track was great. Smooth and able to run the entire track to a cushion. With the wet and freezing spring, I imagine most tracks have only had a few days to get on them and put in some work.

Comment

I attend all events there and there is usually a cushion in 3 & 4, but not so much in 1 & 2. But, “ grip “ is more important than a cushion, and I haven’t seen many examples of inability to pass on the track in recent years. No blinding dust there as is the case at many tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post
                  I attend all events there and there is usually a cushion in 3 & 4, but not so much in 1 & 2. But, “ grip “ is more important than a cushion, and I haven’t seen many examples of inability to pass on the track in recent years. No blinding dust there as is the case at many tracks.
                  I agree with this assessment. Plus, I’ve seen them have to knock the cushion or ledge down from time to time. With all the moisture still in the ground this Spring, any track that doesn’t have a cushion this early had to have been run in with a steamroller 24/7.

Comment

All tracks have the dust nights. I have seen the dust at most of them. You sometimes cannot fight the weather conditions for track prep.

Comment

Hey everyone—— attend a race SOMEWHERE this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                        Hey everyone—— attend a race SOMEWHERE this weekend.
                        Support your local speedway. I'm going to Attica Friday and Fremont Saturday.

Comment

I plan on Attica Friday Nite (gonna be cold), and I was going to go to Fremont Sat., but I think I would enjoy the sun after a nite in the frigid air on my back more and now plan on Eldora. I enjoy a twilight event once and awhile, it's like the good old days and the day races.
                          2018 Race Counter - Total- 11 + (Rainouts-6) Atomic-1, Attica-2, Eldora-4, Fremont-1, Limaland-1, Mansfield- 2

Comment

Ive never seen wcs not be an entertaining race no matter what the track conditions are. Jac Haud has ran off the guardrail before when there was no cushion. Love the track there. Dry slick, dusty, tacky smooth or rough as a washboard, your still going to see a show.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                              Ive never seen wcs not be an entertaining race no matter what the track conditions are. Jac Haud has ran off the guardrail before when there was no cushion. Love the track there. Dry slick, dusty, tacky smooth or rough as a washboard, your still going to see a show.
                              I know that when I go to WCS that I can stay for all four classes (even the mini stocks) and get a great show in each class. About the only place I'll willingly watch mini stocks lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X