Fremont Racing at 3:30pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fremont Racing at 3:30pm

Smart. With the cold temperatures this spring, an afternoon show is a great idea. Gates open at 1pm.

I like this trend of tracks doing that.
    2018 Race Counter: 18
    Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

If this time change proves to be successful, maybe Fremont will start more of its early season shows at 3:30. I have not been to a dirt racing matinee in many years.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
        If this time change proves to be successful, maybe Fremont will start more of its early season shows at 3:30. I have not been to a dirt racing matinee in many years.
        100% agree. Many younger fans have never experienced racing before sunset. When I was a youth and teen, many USAC Sprint car races were Sunday Afternoon events. Time trials at 1 pm and races at 2.30 pm. So these moves by Eldora And Fremont will be a novelty for many, and hopefully will be well received. This one on Saturday at Fremont was done on short notice, so it may be difficult to get the word out to those who are not device enabled ( smart phones, tablets, laptops , etc ). I hope there will be good attendance.

Comment

That is the thing, getting the word out. Hope they can get something on radio or cable to announce the change. Not everyone does social media or checks it regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
            That is the thing, getting the word out. Hope they can get something on radio or cable to announce the change. Not everyone does social media or checks it regularly.
            That's the thing with social media. If you have 1 person in a group of 9 and they tell 4 of their buddies, then they each tell one person everyone knows.
            Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Eldora ran a very efficient show today. Got started at 4:30ish and I was home at 8pm, I live 40 mins. from the track. They did a great job on the (day) track!!! It held up good and not too much dust. I hope for future reference tracks start scheduling more races and use these times thru April and maybe even Sept. and Oct. We loose way to many (paying) events to rain in Ohio.
              2018 Race Counter - Total- 24 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-2, Attica-5, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-3, Wayne County-1

Comment

Believe Fremont was finished by 7ish. Track was pretty smooth, slick, and dusty from backstretch (not sure anywhere else).

Comment

I thought it was a good show. Hot laps and time trials were done by 3.30 PM, but the first race was at 4 pm. I assume that was because there were still people arriving at the announced start time. The Main for the 410’s had a lot of dicing for position and advancing. The Heats were pretty boring. I left just as the last Main took the green ( Trucks ) and it was roughly 6.30 PM. With more advanced notification of alternate start times in the future, the idea has merit and could be successful. All in all, I left satisfied with the event.

Comment

The 410 feature was dusty enough for the first few laps that I couldn't see turns 1 and 2 from my seat in turn 4. The track had been fast and basically dust free right up until that point. Why did they run latemodel feature before the 410 feature? It was an enjoyable afternoon. I hope they do it again to open the 2019 season. With two months to promote the early start time, the crowd might be bigger.

Comment

410's were scheduled to run b-main then LM a main then 410 a but their b was canceled

Comment

I was not there but based on things Farmer's said about the Late Model division on Buckeye Speedzone and the Lack of attendance (6 cars?) I've gotta imagine this is the last year they'll be racing at Fremont unless something drastically changes.

Comment

Do they run a crate late model?
                          WCS used to run them but only got 6 to 8 and dropped them.

Comment

It's now a all steel motor division on hard tires. Open ci 2500lb crate motor 2300lb I think. Part of problem is piss poor advertising of division. Website last I seen still said 602 crates, I've never seen press release regarding rule changes, etc. You can't grow something without letting people know.

Comment

Its an open wheel crowd at Fremont. Last year, the ALMS series drew a very different group of fans to Fremont Speedway than the regular shows attract. Hopefully, this season's Ethanol Latemodel Series event is a success. I'll be there and at the Ethanol race at Attica the preceeding night.

Comment

Working...
                              X