Attica 4/20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attica 4/20

48 ASCoC's, 27 UMP Late Models, and 18 305's as of 5:45 PM. Sounds like they may run two cars at a time during All Star quali to speed up the show. Can't be there myself but will have live timing on while my friends are over tonight. Gotta celebrate the day you finish school (even though If I was closer I'd be doing it at the races).
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

I liked the two car quals.Seemed to speed things up immensely.

Comment

Another runner-up finish for defending Meritt Speedway track champion, Eric Spangler. He has come in second every time he has raced at Attica. I'm hoping he's racing at ARP and Fremont when the Ethanol Latemodel Series is here on May 11 & 12. I'm also hoping the fans support these shows.

Comment

I was hoping to run across Rick Ferkel ....I was pointed down in the direction to see him wrenching to help a young kid get his achievement through the hands of a legend but to my disappointment Rick wasn’t there .. I didn’t ask any questions but later I was informed that the Legend was fired .... Wow ..Rick has done some fabulous work with young kids learning the curves in Sprintcar racing ..I believe the Bell boy was one ...Good luck to you Mr Flying Rick Ferkel a true Outlaw in his day...Their loss

Comment

Originally posted by Edge View Post
          I was hoping to run across Rick Ferkel ....I was pointed down in the direction to see him wrenching to help a young kid get his achievement through the hands of a legend but to my disappointment Rick wasn’t there .. I didn’t ask any questions but later I was informed that the Legend was fired .... Wow ..Rick has done some fabulous work with young kids learning the curves in Sprintcar racing ..I believe the Bell boy was one ...Good luck to you Mr Flying Rick Ferkel a true Outlaw in his day...Their loss
          Their dad seems to have an endless supply of money but the thing is you need to have some talent to achive success.

Comment

Spangler is a very talented Late Model driver. Wish he wasnt 9 hours away I think he'd certainly have a solid chance to win the titles at the local tracks.
            2018 Race Counter: 24
            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Was there last night and was one of the best nights of racing I have been to anywhere. Not sure if attica hashdone the before with their program format, but was great to see them run all Sprint heats, c main, dashes, b main, and then late model heats. After late model heats they ran the all stars feature, bmain for latest, 305 feature, then late model feature. Everything ran smooth.

Jac and Macedo put on a show. 5lead changes at the line alone, a lot more prior to the line as well. Max Stambaugh challenged Jac early as well, and at one point the top 5 we're nose to tail in lap traffic. Sucks Macedo's tire went down or else the finish would have been even better. Lee Jacobs challenged Jac on the last lap but Jac was able to hold him off on the bottom. Yes Jac ran the bottom.

Attica's staff in general did a great job last night. I have been going there for races now for 10years and have never left unhappy. I live in Columbus and it is worth the 2hour drive. It's my favorite track to take my two year old son.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post

Their dad seems to have an endless supply of money but the thing is you need to have some talent to achive success.
                I guess the name for them boys is what I heard is THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS!!

Comment

If Rick is such a great guy, why does he seem to bounce to multiple cars a year? Maybe all is not what it seems. You cant give him credit for Bell, the kid was gonna be great regardless.
                  2018 RACE COUNTER: 47

Volusia - 3, Attica - 12, Atomic - 4, Wayne County - 10, Mansfield - 3, Hilltop - 1, Waynesfield - 3, Eldora - 5, Sharon - 2, Thunder Mountain - 1, Fremont - 2, Montpelier - 1

Comment

Originally posted by am0ti View Post

If Rick is such a great guy, why does he seem to bounce to multiple cars a year? Maybe all is not what it seems. You cant give him credit for Bell, the kid was gonna be great regardless.
                    I guess you could be right...But I believe Rick brought him in this area ... But for this Baker kid I really don’t see no talent in him... The 45 car that is .. He did crash half his season last year or more.. He may get a lil better but money don’t buy talent.

Comment

I guess you could be right...But I believe Rick brought him in this area ... But for this Baker kid I really don’t see no talent in him... The 45 car that is .. He did crash half his season last year or more.. He may get a lil better but money don’t buy talent.
                      The kid basically went straight into 410 racing lol. At least his isn't scared of the thing. I was impressed with the improvements he showed last year. I remember watching Sheldon Haudenschild struggle like crazy at attica and fremont in his early years. I'm not saying that Baker is the next Sheldon but it just seems silly to write him off by and saying "no talent in him."

Comment

Maybe this kid is too young to be scared. That's why I have so much respect for Jac. Young and brave is common place. Old and brave like Jac is rare. Children have no business racing full size race cars against grown men.

Comment

Lots of drivers started in 410 sprints. They often raced tracks like Lakeville and tracks that just had enough for a feature so they got track time.
                          He should gain wisdom and experience over time if he is willing to listen and learn. Now if he just keeps driving over his head and crashing, money is eventually going to run out. Hopefully he doesnt crash others during his learning curve.

Comment

There is a BIG BIG difference between Sheldon and the 45 kid.. Jac brought his son up in the racing world and that kid knew what every part on a sprint car does .. Jac also sent Sheldon to Pa to learn the hard way but the right way

Comment

There is a BIG BIG difference between Sheldon and the 45 kid.. Jac brought his son up in the racing world and that kid knew what every part on a sprint car does .. Jac also sent Sheldon to Pa to learn the hard way but the right way
                              Im not saying Baker is Sheldon FFS. Just saying its stupid to write him off after one season in 410s.

Comment

Working...
                              X