Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$100,000 to Win! Who wins? Whats your podium? Who ya rooting for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100,000 to Win! Who wins? Whats your podium? Who ya rooting for?

I am taking Dewease in the 69K. I think the track will be dry slick by the time any feature is run. I know he has never raced there but I think dry-slick will play right into their hands. To finish my podium I will take Kerry Madsen to run second and DJ Foos to be a surprise third. The 23J team showed a lot of speed at Mansfield last year. It would be an upset for the ages but you never know. That's who I will be rooting for.

I think it's wide open. I'm sticking with my dark horse pick Brock Zearfoss. Looks like the weather might even cooperate!

Comment

I'm rooting for Wayne County Speedway.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
        I'm rooting for Wayne County Speedway.
        You wanna go watch hobby stocks, have at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphead View Post

You wanna go watch hobby stocks, have at it.
          I think he's referring the the Wayne County locals (Brad Haud, Danny Mumaw, Tyler Dunn, etc.)

My opinion as far as the Mansfield race. My picks to finish atop the podium will be Dewease picking up the win, Zearfoss in second (he was one of the few who moved through the field at GLDN) and Jac Haud in 3rd. As for who I'm rooting for, I'm rooting for any and all of the Ohio drivers to pick up that check. Don't care if they're FAST area guys, Wayne Co guys, Atomic guys or OVSCA guys that sum of money could make a huge impact to a local race team, and give someone the oppurtunity to pursue a dream they may not have been able to before. Cole Duncan is one of those guys I would really like to see be able to pull it off and I believe has the ability to do it and would make good use of the purse and pursue the all stars or get better equipment to perform well at some of the larger events.
          2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Since everyone has Dewease ill take #24 Rico, #49 Shaffer, and #26 Saldana.

Comment

I guess I should have said I'm rooting for Jason Flory. He has the balls to compete with Cody Somer instead of pretending to "work togather" like Attica and Fremont. I'm sure it will be an efficiently run show of latemodels, modifieds, street stocks, and mini stocks. Support Wayne County Speedway on the 28th. Support weekly racing.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                I guess I should have said I'm rooting for Jason Flory. He has the balls to compete with Cody Somer instead of pretending to "work togather" like Attica and Fremont. I'm sure it will be an efficiently run show of latemodels, modifieds, street stocks, and mini stocks. Support Wayne County Speedway on the 28th. Support weekly racing.
                Haha wow, have fun watching that. Sommer isn't hurting Attica, Fremont, Wayne County. Earl Baltes was praised for creating these types of events back in the day. What makes Sommer any different? SCWC is going to be a once a year event (if successful). You want to support weekly racing? Go to mansfield and cheer on Lee Jacobs, Travis Philio, DJ Foos, Cole Duncan. I was at wayne county Saturday, late models put on a great show... but you will find me at mansfield on the 28th.

Comment

Its hard to pick against Dewease. They seem to run up front or win every race they enter. I will put Kemenah and Brian Brown on the podium with him. I think Zearfos has the 2nd best odds to win behind Dewease but I'd really hate to see PA come in and dominate. I am rooting for Caleb Armstrong. He's sitting on the sidelines this year because money was an issue for the team, so I would love to see them take home the money. Brubaker would also be fun to watch win but probably not real likely.

Comment

I think WCS will be just fine. It will be opening night there for the street stocks, mini stocks, and first appearance of modifieds in 3 or 4 years. I heard modifieds trying to really support it so they can be included in future programs. You will pick up the fans who like theses classes plus the late models. You might pick up late models who are getting track time for the WoO late model race coming up.
                    Jason needs to keep his track open and running regularly so people dont go elsewhere. People get into habits and you dont want them to start going elsewhere. Im surprised Fremont is closed down so much this year.
                    Dont part of the Attica and Fremont staff work at Mansfield?
                    I think DeWease has high percentage of winning. He has big motors, Davey Brown and used to running the big tracks. Tim Shaffer good chance to be on the podium. Abreu looks good from last year. Dont count out Dave Blaney.
                    Now the thing is how many cars actually show up from pre registered? Ill go with 62.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                      I think WCS will be just fine. It will be opening night there for the street stocks, mini stocks, and first appearance of modifieds in 3 or 4 years. I heard modifieds trying to really support it so they can be included in future programs. You will pick up the fans who like theses classes plus the late models. You might pick up late models who are getting track time for the WoO late model race coming up.
                      Jason needs to keep his track open and running regularly so people dont go elsewhere. People get into habits and you dont want them to start going elsewhere. Im surprised Fremont is closed down so much this year.
                      Dont part of the Attica and Fremont staff work at Mansfield?
                      I think DeWease has high percentage of winning. He has big motors, Davey Brown and used to running the big tracks. Tim Shaffer good chance to be on the podium. Abreu looks good from last year. Dont count out Dave Blaney.
                      Now the thing is how many cars actually show up from pre registered? Ill go with 62.
                      I'd say 78 or so of the registered cars will be there.Sommer said most of the guys who registered have confirmed they are coming.
                      2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

I'd say 78 or so of the registered cars will be there.Sommer said most of the guys who registered have confirmed they are coming.
                        I agree. The only no-show I expect is Eliason... just seems like he'll stay on the outlaw tour. Someone on hoseheads said they heard Balog was no longer running as well.

Comment

1. Schaffer
                          2. Kemenah
                          3. Dewease

They're all good on a dry slick track.

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

I agree. The only no-show I expect is Eliason... just seems like he'll stay on the outlaw tour. Someone on hoseheads said they heard Balog was no longer running as well.
                            21 of Blaney I am sure wont be there since Liskai said he has a rod in his hand
                            2018 Race Count 14.5 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (8) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1) , Skyline (.5)

Comment

But we gain Sebetto
                              2018 Race Count 14.5 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (8) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1) , Skyline (.5)

Comment

Working...
                              X