Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$100,000 to Win! Who wins? Whats your podium? Who ya rooting for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling for Cole Duncan on the win. Think guys that have the strongest chance would be Rico and Shaffer. Macedo is a dark horse and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up some where on the podium. Hoping someone like Cole can win. He is good at Atomic, high banked, and has ran well recently at Eldora

Comment

I'm wondering who some of the stragglers will be. Maybe some more from PA and Knoxville will show up.
      Unless something crazy happens weather wise, Outlaws will stay in Texas.
      As of right now though, I'll go with Rico, Dewease, and Lee Jacobs as a darkhorse

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
        I guess I should have said I'm rooting for Jason Flory. He has the balls to compete with Cody Somer instead of pretending to "work togather" like Attica and Fremont. I'm sure it will be an efficiently run show of latemodels, modifieds, street stocks, and mini stocks. Support Wayne County Speedway on the 28th. Support weekly racing.
        I like this statement. It’s bad enough tracks shut down for Eldora, but now we are shutting down for Mansfield. Add rainouts, freeze outs, Fairs, etc, and it’s getting frustrating to see abbreviated schedules. And then promoters cry about various forms of competition which drives fans away. Hey, by shutting down you’re inviting alternatives. I’m too old to get home at 2 - 3 A.M., so I’m opting for other sports events this weekend. But, for those who are all excited about the big one, have at it.

Comment

Sammy Swindell is now registered and is coming per press release by ILP. He'll be wheeling the AG Rains 3 car he's been running in.
          2018 Race Counter: 24
          Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            Sammy Swindell is now registered and is coming per press release by ILP. He'll be wheeling the AG Rains 3 car he's been running in.

Comment

Kemenah, Brown, DeWease is my top 3. I am rooting for several guys, mainly Foos and Swindell but several others, really all but 2 guys on the list I would like to see win

Comment

The weather for Friday is looking up! Cooler temps on Saturday but I don't care as long as the r**n stays away.

Big names expected to be at the front: Dewease, Brown, Madsen, Rico, Kemenah, Shaffer, Haudenschild, Saldana.
                Somewhat "dark-horse" names with a realistic shot: Macedo, Bayston, Duncan, Zearfoss, Ruetzel, Smith.

I'd love to see Haud win in front of the Ohio crowd but I'm not sure his driving style is fit to win a 50 lap race.
                That being said I think its Brown, Dewease and Shaffer on the podium with Kemenah and Bayston rounding out the top 5.

Comment

I envision a track where the cagey veterans like Kemenah, Dewease & Brown are running a smooth line on the bottom & the young bucks are running a choppy 24" wide cushion. That would be ideal.

Comment

Not attending, but just hope there is passing for the lead after the first lap. Good luck to all and hope everyone stays safe.

As a side note, I see Sammy is now entered and saw where he got out of his car this past weekend after a wreck. I hope Mansfield really enforces no drivers to get out of cars unless there is immediate danger (fire, leaking fuel) as tempers will get hot quick going for that much money.

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post
                      You want to support weekly racing? Go to mansfield and cheer on Lee Jacobs, Travis Philio, DJ Foos, Cole Duncan. I was at wayne county Saturday, late models put on a great show... but you will find me at mansfield on the 28th.
                      Attica and Fremont are closed on dates when they have been open in the past. How does that help them? $100,000 to win doesn't guarantee great race. $1,000,000 to win doesn't either. Donny Moran led the last 75 laps of The Eldora Million and the race was dull. Earl never had another Million Dollar race and Moran is the only Million Dollar Man.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                        Attica and Fremont are closed on dates when they have been open in the past. How does that help them? $100,000 to win doesn't guarantee great race. $1,000,000 to win doesn't either. Donny Moran led the last 75 laps of The Eldora Million and the race was dull. Earl never had another Million Dollar race and Moran is the only Million Dollar Man.
                        It brings an influx of drivers from other areas who may in the future plan return visits to race in Ohio. The race also provides local teams the opportunity to add a good sum of cash just for making the main event which in turn is supporting the weekly racers in our area.

Attica and Fremont are heavily reliant on the 410s for drawing the crowds, it’s why they quit bringing in Lucas Oil Late models. If they don’t have the sprints on the cars they lose money. If they tried to race against it, such as Fremont running against speedweek at Eldora, they get 14 cars and everyone thinks it’s a joke. From a business perspective they’re better off shutting down for a weekend. Not to mention quite a few of the staff also work at mansfield
                        2018 Race Counter: 24
                        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

It brings an influx of drivers from other areas who may in the future plan return visits to race in Ohio. The race also provides local teams the opportunity to add a good sum of cash just for making the main event which in turn is supporting the weekly racers in our area.

Attica and Fremont are heavily reliant on the 410s for drawing the crowds, it’s why they quit bringing in Lucas Oil Late models. If they don’t have the sprints on the cars they lose money. If they tried to race against it, such as Fremont running against speedweek at Eldora, they get 14 cars and everyone thinks it’s a joke. From a business perspective they’re better off shutting down for a weekend. Not to mention quite a few of the staff also work at mansfield
                          Exactly. And being that this race is 50 laps, no WoO, fairly new to all drivers, makes for an extremely level playing field. Nobody knows what to expect. My guess is the track takes a ton of rubber by Saturday's feature like the Kings Royal in 2017. Then we end up seeing some surprise names up front like we did at the Royal and the Fall show @ Eldora. If a handful of local guys make the top-10, it's going to pay better than winning a FAST show.

Comment

Im going to pick Cole Duncan as the dark horse.

My weather forecast has now changed to rain Friday afternoon and cooler on Saturday than previously reported.

Hopefully no rainout as I see no raindate.

WCS is staying open against the Mansfield shows.
                            They close down for the county fair in September and the Saturday connected to speedweek. Owners now are following a schedule like when Don and Rick Gross ran WCS as Buckeye Speedway. This staying open should give them a good solid standing on building a regular crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                              My weather forecast has now changed to rain Friday afternoon and cooler on Saturday than previously reported.
                              Hopefully no rainout as I see no raindate.
                              That's too bad, that will hurt the walk-up crowd on Saturday. It's looking like the 70's all next week too.

Comment

Weather changing already. It's Ohio

Is the SCWC going to be on a PPV?

Good chance I can't attend now with change in work schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X