And it's a New Track Record!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And it's a New Track Record!!!

Congrats to Spencer Bayston on setting the 410 Track Record at Wayne County Speedway last night with a time of 13.808. To put this in perspective, only two other cars timed in the 14.0's (Reutzel, Shaffer). Everyone else was in the 14.1's or higher. Absolutely shattered the field in qualifying. Bayston dropped to fifth in the main event later in the evening.

Congrats to Sam Hafertepe Jr on setting the 360 Track Record at Eldora Speedway last night with a time of 13.440. Not only did he set the track record in qualifying, Hafertepe Jr also went on to win his heat race and the feature event for a clean sweep of the night with the NRA Sprint Invaders.

I also heard that a few drivers were within a couple tenths of the track record at Fremont as well although I've not validated those statements. Sounds like the fresh dirt is putting out some quick laps across the state to begin this new year.
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

The possibility of a track record is what makes qualifying interesting. At the last BDC held at Lima a few years ago, the track record was reset many times in quals. Exciting? Maybe. Interesting and very entertaining? Absolutely!

Comment

Confirmed, there were a couple cars close to the track record at Fremomt. I was there.

Comment

Working...
      X