Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Now that we are inside a moth of Attica tentative opening is there any new news, rumors, or lies? Anybody still looking for a ride or new rides put together, this snow has to go starting to go crazy

We are now into March and still getting record low temps. The 10 day forecast calls for 1 day to be above 40, with most days still below freezing. Starting to wonder how long it will be before we can get any racing in around here. It seems like it is difficult to get the grounds dry enough to start racing after a typical winter, and now we are enduring the snowiest winter ever and the thawing has not even begun. It's beginning to look like we will be lucky to start before the Fremont opener. I hope I'm wrong. Any guesses?

Comment

I'm hoping we get a few in before June this year! Worst winter ever! Record cold temps on tap for March.
      ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

I seen Atomic was working on their track late last week until the snow moved in..
        2019 races 14 : Waynesfield-3. Attica-4, Fremont-2, Mansfield-1, Eldora-2, Knoxville-2, Rainouts-lost count.

Comment

Things don't look too promising if you trust the Farmer's Almanac...

MARCH 2014: temperature 37° (1° below avg.); precipitation 3" (avg.); Mar 1-7: Snow showers, cold; Mar 8-11: Sunny, turning warm; Mar 12-15: Rainy periods, cooler; Mar 16-19: Rain, then wet snow, colder; Mar 20-24: Snow showers, cold; Mar 25-31: Rainy periods, mild.
          APRIL 2014: temperature 52.5° (4.5° above avg.); precipitation 3" (0.5" below avg.); Apr 1-6: T-storms, then sunny, mild; Apr 7-10: Scattered t-storms, warm; Apr 11-17: Rain, then showers, cool; Apr 18-20: Sunny, turning warm; Apr 21-24: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Apr 25-30: Sunny, then t-storms, warm.
          2018 Race Counter: 7
          Eldora (5), Attica (2)

Comment

I predict mid April. The snow is not the problem. It's the depth of the frozen ground and all the moisture that is down deep. When the thaw does begin, it will be a quagmire of mud. The baseball stadium in Toledo has installed a giant tent that is heated to thaw the infield to make it by opening day , April 4.

Comment

Where is everyone getting their methanol from across northern and mid ohio, besides the tracks; and what are you paying per drum usually?

Comment

Chris Abott (Abotts Auto Service) in Marion, Ohio is selling by the drum.. $185 a drum w/exchange of clean drum.. $20 charge if no drum.. #1-740-244-9520. He's located on SR 4, south side edge of Marion..
                2019 races 14 : Waynesfield-3. Attica-4, Fremont-2, Mansfield-1, Eldora-2, Knoxville-2, Rainouts-lost count.

Comment

http://www.pitgate.com/forum/pit-pas...ar-point-money

Comment

Dollansky announced that he is back with Quiring and running Knoxville weekly so Big Game can get TV exposure with MAVtv
                    2018 Race Counter: 7
                    Eldora (5), Attica (2)

Comment

I heard Alvin Roepke will be in a different car and number this year

Comment

Swamp..thanks for the link, love reading about your good buddy G.W.

Comment

I was buying mine at Santmyer in Ashland on Jacobson Ave. last year, about $135 a barrel. Haven't priced it this year yet though.

Comment

Roepke owns his own equipment this year. New number as a tribute . That's all i'm listing, as he wants to put more out there on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by threeCracing View Post
                              Swamp..thanks for the link, love reading about your good buddy G.W.
                              I was just pointing out the rumors and lies and whatnot on the other thread is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X