Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is cool that someone takes the time to do this. Thanks for the effort to get these stats.

Comment

• Only reason the 305's went up is because many can not afford the 410's across the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogfighter73 View Post
        Only reason the 305's went up is because many can not afford the 410's across the country.
        Over the same five year timespan:
        410's had a minimal increase in cars of .003% (+2 cars)
        305's had a 56% increase in cars (+114 cars)
        360's had a 10% decrease in cars (-175 cars)
        Non-wings had a 14% increase in cars (+318 cars)
        Supers had an 8% increase in cars (+13 cars)
        Pa. Sportsman had a 10% decrease in cars (-6 cars)
        Overall: Sprint classes saw a 6% increase in cars (+266 cars)

Comment

• Over that same five year span the economy has sucked. People who want to race are finding cheaper alternatives to do so. I have said for like 100 years if the powers that be in sprint car racing do not find a way to control or decrease the costs of competition, those 410 numbers will keep declining. Its becoming a case of "haves" vs. "have nots" and the "have nots" are going 305 racing until those costs increase and force them into some other hobby like basket weaving.
          ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

• I couldn't afford to race a 305. I honestly don't know how anybody can. The motors cost as much or more than a used -12 motor, everything on the cars cost the same and the races don't pay anything. But hey, what do I know?
            Looking for home security? try www.rssmonitoring.com Looking for eternal security? try www.ohiograce.comt

Comment

• agree brian when you go to the speedshop there is not a 410 305 price on those parts.

Comment

• At least running 305 you have a chance of winning instead of running a 410 just to say you got one and have a slight chance of winning

Comment

• . I heard maybe 3-5 305 drivers from last year are going to 410"s. Is there any credibility to those rumors?

Comment

• Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                    At least running 305 you have a chance of winning instead of running a 410 just to say you got one and have a slight chance of winning
                    So better to be big fish in little pond than moving up and being little fish in big pond and making no money or hardly any money even if you win?

Comment

• they're all money pits unless your name is Donny Schatz

Comment

• Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
                        So better to be big fish in little pond than moving up and being little fish in big pond and making no money or hardly any money even if you win?
                        Win one championship and we're big fish now? There's guys that have been racing thus division longer than my kid is old. I'm just saying I don't wanna do anything if it's halfa$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by swamp View Post
                          Over that same five year span the economy has sucked. People who want to race are finding cheaper alternatives to do so. I have said for like 100 years if the powers that be in sprint car racing do not find a way to control or decrease the costs of competition, those 410 numbers will keep declining. Its becoming a case of "haves" vs. "have nots" and the "have nots" are going 305 racing until those costs increase and force them into some other hobby like basket weaving.
                          Um, the 410 numbers went up over the last five years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post
                            they're all money pits unless your name is Donny Schatz
                            Um, not all of them.
                            Looking for home security? try www.rssmonitoring.com Looking for eternal security? try www.ohiograce.comt

Comment

Working...
                            X