Clear All

• Rate the Race - Mansfield Day 2

Extremely cold.
    Still trying to thaw out.
    Excellent racing.
    Stands seemed full for the weather.
    They kept the show moving.
    They pretty much started on time.
    I hope it was a success financially for Cody so he is able to do future events.
    It would make a great annual event.
    Despite all the weather issues, they pulled it off quite successfully.
    They put a lot of hard work into making it happen.

Forget the cold or the 87, How about Cap Henry going from last on lap 1 to 4th before getting passed on last lap. Monster run. Awesome Job!!
    2018 Race Count 12 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (6) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Was one of the best nights of racing I've seen. I was pumped for Cap, was cheering him and our other locals on pretty hard. The show was efficient, food was good and with wearing 4 layers and gloves/hat I stayed warm too. They spent 40 minutes on intermission/driver intro but I'm okay with that for this caliber of an event since they ran it very very efficiently. I liked having the non-qualifiers race, was nice to see the guys who came in get rewarded for their efforts. That last lap pass by Reutzel and drag race to the line was awesome.

Look forward to getting back sometime. Looking to go to my 5th track this year with Fremont this weekend (if my fiance lets me lol).
      2018 Race Counter: 18
      Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Night 2 was way better .Thought they moved program very quickly .Looked like crowd was good .Still need attention to restrooms, but all in all I was glad to attend this event.Hopefully promoter will consider doing this again and speak kindly to weather gods.Thanks to all the drivers who showed up and gave this old timer an enjoyable time

Comment

I didn't make it in person and watched on SpeedShiftTV both nights. Great live coverage and looked like a decent crowd. Good racing and given the weather issues, they pulled it off and made it work. Hope its an annual event!
          ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Overall a great event. Nite 2 evened the scale from Nite 1. I was satisfied, but I think they might want to move the weekend into May. Would be less risky low temperature wise? Bring on the 2nd annual.
            2018 Race Counter - Total- 24 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-2, Attica-5, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-3, Wayne County-1

Comment

Or move it to late September, when most tracks have closed for the year but weather is still good. This way, other tracks don’t have to shut down when they just opened a few weeks earlier, like this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                Or move it to late September, when most tracks have closed for the year but weather is still good. This way, other tracks don’t have to shut down when they just opened a few weeks earlier, like this year.
                That's a great idea for changing the date. Would be a good idea to do it maybe the week before or after the 4 crowns?

To refute a bit of the tracks closing this year. All tracks but Eldora and Atomic cancelled any scheduled events. I imagine Fremont would've cancelled likely as well. And I even think Attica would've cancelled with the rain due to the curfew. So all in all I don't think any dates were actually lost because of the weather this weekend.
                2018 Race Counter: 18
                Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

That’s this time Tiger. Had it been 75 degrees, other tracks would have raced. Looks like approximately 6 TRUE, 100% full time regulars from Fremont and Attica raced at Mansfield, and the same or less from Orrville. I know I’m peeing up a rope, but I wish tracks wouldn't roll over for part time tracks.

Comment

So you would rather see it like Lakeville, Millstream and Cannonball Run? Tumbleweeds and cornfields? Seriously cant ******* please anyone.
                    2018 Race Count 12 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (6) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1)

Comment

With all considered They did a hell of a job . Been to many late night rain delayed big money races and my hats off to Mansfield Speedway for an enjoyable weekend of racing. The Staff at the track were so kind and willing to help in any way. Great racing and keep up the good work moving forward.

Comment

I do want to add its an awesome facility and so much progress has been made since we last visited for the reopening on dirt . THANKS SO MUCH MANSFIELD SPEEDWAY! WE WILL BE BACK!

Comment

I thought it was a great and will be looking forward to the other races this year. Im happy a track so close is putting on these caliber shows helping make ohio the place to be for racing. Talked with a guy at Mansfield from Maryland and he is interested in coming back for speedweek or the doty and kings royal. Mansfield is attracting teams and fans to this area. Whether you like it or not I think everyone can agree its a positive for racing in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo777 View Post
                            So you would rather see it like Lakeville, Millstream and Cannonball Run? Tumbleweeds and cornfields? Seriously cant ******* please anyone.
                            No, but I want to see the tracks who have supported racing CONTINUOUSLY for decades stay in business. And to stay in business, you need to remain open on a regular basis. Oh, and ******* and ********* ( the interpretation of which is clean up your language and stop using asterisks .

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post

No, but I want to see the tracks who have supported racing CONTINUOUSLY for decades stay in business. And to stay in business, you need to remain open on a regular basis. Oh, and ******* and ********* ( the interpretation of which is clean up your language and stop using asterisks .
                              Well put. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Comment

Working...
                              X