Ohio Traveler in Mid Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Traveler in Mid Michigan

Last night, Ricky Ferkel was wheeling the black and orange 0 with the Sprints on Dirt at Crystal Speedway. Rick Ferkel was in the pits turning wrenches.

How was that race? I haven't noted any results from it yet. I know Valenti is running for ROTY with SOD and was wondering how he ran.
    2018 Race Counter: 7
    Atomic (1), Attica (2), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (1)

Comment

ERIE, MI (April 29, 2018) – If last night's Engine Pro Sprints On Dirt presented by ARP season opening MAHLE/Clevite Beyond Limits Challenge Rac...

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
        How was that race? I haven't noted any results from it yet. I know Valenti is running for ROTY with SOD and was wondering how he ran.
        He ran 10th. Chad Blonde was 2nd and Ruhl was 4th and Steinbach was 6th. Those would be the 3 who have the best chance at the title assuming and the first 2 run the entire series they would be the favorites along with Valenti.

Adam Cruea made the 4.5 hour drive north and I located him some used SoD spec tires. He threw them on and ran 1st in his heat. He started on the pole and apparently jumped the start. I wasn't watching well enough to know if it was the right call or not. He was put back to 5th place for jumping. The next start Steinbach appeared to jump the start from the outside of row one. No caution and the race went green for the entirety.

Chad Blonde started 6th. He worked his way to 3rd and got around Foos. At that point the chase was on. With 3 laps to go he was closing. The final lap he had a run and looked like he would win it at the line. Devault blocked him just enough to slow him and take the checkered with Blonde close behind at the line. It was a very good race. The track like most in Michigan got dry slick and there wasn't alot of passing.

Comment

Sounds like it was a solid race. I've not seen devault race but Blonde and Ruhl have always impressed me. Steinbach I believe came down to Attica for either the opener or the all star race too.
          2018 Race Counter: 7
          Atomic (1), Attica (2), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (1)

Comment

Devault is a young kid maybe 19. He has ran 602 pro sprints at Plymouth the last couple of years and has won alot over there. He sprinkles in some other races when hes not there. He actually won with a 360 on Saturday. This was his first win in a division other than 602.

Chad Blonde is a very good driver. He has 5 All Star wins from when he drove for his sister. They had a falling out and he drives for someone else. At this point in his career whether its equipment or what he tends to avoid bigger races.

Ruhl is very solid. He just started driving for Smith Motorsports. Once they start clicking I would expect him to be more competitive if he travels down to Ohio.

Comment

Working...
            X