Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: If I can't get to the race track to watch a live event, I....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: If I can't get to the race track to watch a live event, I....

Tune in to SpeedShift TV
    11.11%
    Tune in to DirtVision
    11.11%
    Tune in to The Cushion
    0%
    Follow on live timing/scoring apps
    22.22%
    Follow on Facebook/Twitter
    22.22%
    Tune out and go to a movie/dinner/other
    5.56%
    Any of the above depending who is racing where
    27.78%
    None of the above and I have no dirt in my soul
    0%
    ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

I usually use a combo of live timing and twitter to follow an event elsewhere. Sometimes I watch PPV's but getting away from that more and more. There are some days, such as going to the drive in, that I don't follow along and just read what happened the next day. Just depends on what race is where.
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

I've found that the live coverage is sooo much improved in the past year or two and for the price of a pit pass or less, its pretty awesome to watch LIVE racing from around the country. Of course this is when I can't get there in person. The Mansfield 2-day coverage on SpeedShift TV probably saved me over $300 in fuel and hotel bills, plus it was a much shorter drive home from my living room. :-)
      ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

PPV has changed my view of which races I attend. Instead of driving 3-4 hours to catch a race if it is on PPV I will take that route where in the pre-PPV days I would have jumped in the car and never questioned going to the race. Agree with Swamp, for the cost of less than a pit pass I can sit on my couch and save the gas, food and other expense to attend live I will do it. I just hope these tracks are getting a slice of the revenue. I can't confirm but the rumor mill is the tracks get no money for Dirtvision. Nothing is better than being there live but PPV is a good alternative.

Comment

Your poll doesn't quite cover me totally. I've yet to buy ppv but have considered, will glance at race monitor and depending on moment look at Fremont or Attica twitter but I'm just as happy to read the next day or 2. Certain TV showing or you tube vids have made me wanna move up a track on list I wanna attend such as chili bowl and imca Nat's and Lucas oil speedway. Many methods and all serve a purpose to one day get my money

Comment

Working...
          X