Let's Race 2 - Track Prep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Race 2 - Track Prep

I've gone to this event every year since they started running USAC with the WoO Spring show. Is it just me or does the track prep seem different when the wingless cars are in the program? I know the track takes on more wear with the additional amount of sprint cars throughout the night... but in years past I feel like I can tell a difference even in hotlaps. In my opinion the track is extra smooth and dry, my best guess is they cant afford the track getting too soft. Eldora is too dangerous with ruts and a heavy cushion for wingless cars. Maybe its just coincidence but I'm curious to see if anyone sees this the same.

I definitely think they keep it harder packed & slick for this weekend to reduce the carnage of the non-wangs. Of course anymore, the track is that way all the time.

Comment

It just makes for some miserable racing come feature time. I want to say the winged cars were running like 18+ second lap times during last year's feature. For that reason I'm saving myself the 6 hours of driving and watching on DirtVision tonight.

Comment

Race literally hasn't started and people already bitching about track prep........
        2018 Race Counter: 22
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

As goods show as I've seen at eldora in a while.

Comment

Thought the track was great tonight. The top was fast and dangerous and the bottom was good if they were good.

Comment

I saw pictures on twitter of track looked like a heavy track glad to see it was still racy with good amount a passing. I think Pittman went 28th to 9th if I recall. Pretty damn deep in the field to get a top 10.
              2018 Race Counter: 22
              Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

The track and the racing was great at ARP last nite. Too bad so few people were there. Fremont cancelled tonight's show at 5pm yesterday. Should a disappointing crowd at ARP and an unfavorable weather forcast be enough to make Fremont cancel? I'll support my local speedway tonight unless MSS officials and Sandusky Speedway "work togather" and cancel the race.

Comment

Great racing. Track was racy. Well worth the trip as usual.

Comment

The track was very good, I was surprised how heavy it was. It's too bad Reutzel wadded it up he looked very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphead View Post
                      The track was very good, I was surprised how heavy it was. It's too bad Reutzel wadded it up he looked very good.
                      You could see it coming though. I think once he gets some laps there he will be tough to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                        The track and the racing was great at ARP last nite. Too bad so few people were there. Fremont cancelled tonight's show at 5pm yesterday. Should a disappointing crowd at ARP and an unfavorable weather forcast be enough to make Fremont cancel? I'll support my local speedway tonight unless MSS officials and Sandusky Speedway "work togather" and cancel the race.
                        The crowd was terrible at attica last night and it was such a shame with 48 latemodels in the pits. I don't get how the big latemodel shows don't get the proper support there. Its just like wcs and if you take the 410s off the card then nobody shows up. I guess attica would of been better off running 410s even though Eldora had woo. The only regular to go over was the #22 of McCarron anyway. I bet if the sprints were on the card you would of had a lot more fans brave the weather.

Comment

I have a lot to say about the late models being on the schedule in that region and about the Fremont cancellation, but I will just opt out.
                          2018 Race Counter - Total- 28 + (Rainouts-15) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Most tracks have carved out niches for themselves over the years. Some are open wheel tracks, while others are stock car tracks, and lastly, there are tracks that host a diversity of classes, such as Eldora. For those who have carved out niches, dropping their primary class occasionally is not the greatest of ideas. But, it’s not my livelihood on the line, so let them have at it. Dropping the main class, or shutting down In support of some other track, makes for a short season when you take rainouts into consideration. Recent example is Fremont. It’s now mid May and they’ve raced 2 times, with 2 rainouts and 1 closure. The weather around Ohio was not very good on Friday, which may have contributed to Attica’s low crowd. Just my old fashioned / possibly outdated opinion, but dropping the main class is like going to a baseball game but they’re playing soccer instead for one night. To each their own, but on nights like this weekend, I pursue alternative entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                              Most tracks have carved out niches for themselves over the years. Some are open wheel tracks, while others are stock car tracks, and lastly, there are tracks that host a diversity of classes, such as Eldora. For those who have carved out niches, dropping their primary class occasionally is not the greatest of ideas. But, it’s not my livelihood on the line, so let them have at it. Dropping the main class, or shutting down In support of some other track, makes for a short season when you take rainouts into consideration. Recent example is Fremont. It’s now mid May and they’ve raced 2 times, with 2 rainouts and 1 closure. The weather around Ohio was not very good on Friday, which may have contributed to Attica’s low crowd. Just my old fashioned / possibly outdated opinion, but dropping the main class is like going to a baseball game but they’re playing soccer instead for one night. To each their own, but on nights like this weekend, I pursue alternative entertainment.
                              Well put Muddy.You hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Working...
                              X