Weekend Outlook 5/18-5/20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook 5/18-5/20

Been trying some different formatting things the past few weeks, I think I'm going to only do the highlights of the week instead of mentioning each and every event. Feel like I'm insulting ya'll's intelligence by saying something you can read directly below sometimes. Without further adieu

Weekend Highlights
    -Atomic Speedway in Chillocothe Ohio welcomes the World of Outlaw Craftsman Late Models to the track for two nights of action. The pair of $10k to win events in a Late Model heavy area will surely draw some heavy hitters from the outside along with the touring members of the Outlaws. Steve Casebolt is one of the hottest local drivers right now coming off of a $4k to win victory at Attica against 40+ Cars and the AELMT. Casebolt also has a victory at Atomic this year on their opening night. The Conley's and Carpenter's will also be ones to watch as locals to pull off an upset.

-Brushcreek welcomes the OVSCA sprints to their track this Saturday for their only visit of the year. Nathan Skaggs picked up the win last year, although he has yet to make his debut for the season. General Admission is $15 for the event. Class A CDL drivers admission is FREE. Hot Laps and Qualifying start at 7 on Saturday.

-Raceway 7 attempts to open again up in Conneaut with their regular show.

-Sharon Speedway hosts another Menard's Super Six race with the Big Block Modifieds on the card this week. Sharon is the only spot in Ohio to see these cars race outside of the one off event for the Dirt Derby with NASCAR Trucks at Eldora so go support the event if you'd like to see more of the BBM's. AND THE EVENT IS FREE to all for GA seating.

-NRA 360 sprints have shows at Limaland and Eldora this weekend on tap, and (if I recall correctly) the event at Eldora is a Family fun night and has a reduced admission with fireworks.

-The FAST series is back in action after a rainout last week at Sharon, racing at Attica on Friday and supported by the Late Models and the FAST 305 sprints. Craig Mintz leads the FAST 410 points race by 24 points over Cap Henry and the Lane Racing team. Rounding out the top 5 in the FAST410 points are Stuart Brubaker, Chris Andrews, and the defending champ DJ Foos. The FAST 305 points race is narrowly led by Brandon Moore seeking his first championship over veteran John Ivy, who trails by 7 marks. Jamie Miller, Bobby Clark, and Kyle Peters round out the top 5.

-Gas City Speedway in Indiana is hosting a Non-Wing, Midget, TQ Midget, Modified, and compact show dubbed "open wheel madness". Looks like the current promoter has really risen this track from the dead and is getting a good following for the non wing sprints. If you're nearby go support them and this track coming back.

Weekend Plans
    Back to Attica for me this weekend and I'm taking my fiance for her first race this year. I am really interested in the race at Gas City but I'd be cutting it a bit close on time to get there. That, and it's a significantly longer trip and I know the racing is fantastic at Attica and I'll always consider it my home track. No racing planned as of yet Saturday, however, if I can't keep busy I might have to make a visit to Fremont, Oakshade, or maybe even Waynesfield for the first time. I get paid for the first time at my new job Friday so I'll be good to go. (Although I'm looking at buying a new car so maybe I should save the bucks )
    • May 18th
      • Atomic Speedway – WoO Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
      • Attica Raceway Park – FAST 410 Sprints, Late Models, FAST 305 Sprints
      • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts, Wedges
      • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Modlites, Mini Late Models
      • Limaland Motorsports Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
      • 250 Speedway – Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts, Wedges
    • May 19th
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – OVSCA Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Legends
      • Deerfield Speedway – Non Wing Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Modlites, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
      • Eldora Speedway – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Fremont Speedway – 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks, Crate Late Models
      • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Modifieds
      • Sharon Speedway – Big Block Modifieds, RUSH Modifieds, Econo Modifieds, Stocks (FREE GA)
      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Trucks, Compacts
      • Wayne County Speedway – OSCS Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
    • May 20th
      • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Enduro

Last edited by GTigers55; May 14th, 2018, 08:07 PM.
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
    Been trying some different formatting things the past few weeks, I think I'm going to only do the highlights of the week instead of mentioning each and every event. Feel like I'm insulting ya'll's intelligence by saying something you can read directly below sometimes. Without further adieu

Weekend Highlights
    -Atomic Speedway in Chillocothe Ohio welcomes the World of Outlaw Craftsman Late Models to the track for two nights of action. The pair of $10k to win events in a Late Model heavy area will surely draw some heavy hitters from the outside along with the touring members of the Outlaws. Steve Casebolt is one of the hottest local drivers right now coming off of a $4k to win victory at Attica against 40+ Cars and the AELMT. Casebolt also has a victory at Atomic this year on their opening night. The Conley's and Carpenter's will also be ones to watch as locals to pull off an upset.

-Brushcreek welcomes the OVSCA sprints to their track this Saturday for their only visit of the year. Nathan Skaggs picked up the win last year, although he has yet to make his debut for the season. General Admission is $15 for the event. Class A CDL drivers admission is FREE. Hot Laps and Qualifying start at 7 on Saturday.

-Raceway 7 attempts to open again up in Conneaut with their regular show.

-Sharon Speedway hosts another Menard's Super Six race with the Big Block Modifieds on the card this week. Sharon is the only spot in Ohio to see these cars race outside of the one off event for the Dirt Derby with NASCAR Trucks at Eldora so go support the event if you'd like to see more of the BBM's. AND THE EVENT IS FREE to all for GA seating.

-NRA 360 sprints have shows at Limaland and Eldora this weekend on tap, and (if I recall correctly) the event at Eldora is a Family fun night and has a reduced admission with fireworks.

-The FAST series is back in action after a rainout last week at Sharon, racing at Attica on Friday and supported by the Late Models and the FAST 305 sprints. Craig Mintz leads the FAST 410 points race by 24 points over Cap Henry and the Lane Racing team. Rounding out the top 5 in the FAST410 points are Stuart Brubaker, Chris Andrews, and the defending champ DJ Foos. The FAST 305 points race is narrowly led by Brandon Moore seeking his first championship over veteran John Ivy, who trails by 7 marks. Jamie Miller, Bobby Clark, and Kyle Peters round out the top 5.

-Gas City Speedway in Indiana is hosting a Non-Wing, Midget, TQ Midget, Modified, and compact show dubbed "open wheel madness". Looks like the current promoter has really risen this track from the dead and is getting a good following for the non wing sprints. If you're nearby go support them and this track coming back.

Weekend Plans
    Back to Attica for me this weekend and I'm taking my fiance for her first race this year. I am really interested in the race at Gas City but I'd be cutting it a bit close on time to get there. That, and it's a significantly longer trip and I know the racing is fantastic at Attica and I'll always consider it my home track. No racing planned as of yet Saturday, however, if I can't keep busy I might have to make a visit to Fremont, Oakshade, or maybe even Waynesfield for the first time. I get paid for the first time at my new job Friday so I'll be good to go. (Although I'm looking at buying a new car so maybe I should save the bucks )
    • May 18th
      • Attica Raceway Park – FAST 410 Sprints, Late Models, FAST 305 Sprints
      • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts, Wedges
      • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Modlites, Mini Late Models
      • Limaland Motorsports Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
      • 250 Speedway – Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts, Wedges
    • May 19th
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – OVSCA Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Legends
      • Deerfield Speedway – Non Wing Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Modlites, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
      • Eldora Speedway – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Fremont Speedway – 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks, Crate Late Models
      • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Modifieds
      • Sharon Speedway – Big Block Modifieds, RUSH Modifieds, Econo Modifieds, Stocks (FREE GA)
      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Trucks, Compacts
      • Wayne County Speedway – OSCS Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
    • May 20th
      • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Enduro
    Nothing Huge to add but just a couple of notes. The Big Block Modifieds will not be back at Eldora after the fiasco of last year. They are running DIRTcar Modifieds and Eldora Stock Cars for the Tuesday night before the NASCAR Truck Race.

Also, I know it isn't in Ohio but Lawrenceburg will be hosting the BOSS traditional sprint cars this Saturday night.

Comment

What was the "big fiasco"? Saturday as of now according to Toledo weather is 60% chance rain and Sunday too think said

Comment

Thanks Tigers55 for this weekend’s menu. As Jim11h pointed out, Toledo and numerous NW Ohio counties have 60 % chance of rain this weekend. Perhaps things will change , but the ground around here is extremely soggy. 2 3/4” of rain on Monday, 5/14. Hoping for a reprieve from the rain so racing can resume. Hoping to see at least one event at Gas city this season. I noticed that Tyler Gunn raced there last Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post

Nothing Huge to add but just a couple of notes. The Big Block Modifieds will not be back at Eldora after the fiasco of last year. They are running DIRTcar Modifieds and Eldora Stock Cars for the Tuesday night before the NASCAR Truck Race.

Also, I know it isn't in Ohio but Lawrenceburg will be hosting the BOSS traditional sprint cars this Saturday night.
          Aw yes Lawrenceburg should be good this weekend too. I've got them in another file but not typed out like the Ohio ones. Excel sheets don't work out so well on here.

What happened at Eldora last year I also have not heard about that?
          Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

It was known in the big block mod community well before last years show at Eldora that we weren’t going back this year. So to say something last year caused them to not be invited back seems incorrect.

Comment

I wonder if the UMP Mods will be invite only. Lord knows if it's not they'd get 40+. Mods usually come in flocks at big shows. I have no issue with it but I'm sure people having to pay NASCAR prices for the trucks might.

Comment

Have my little nephews birthday party in Cleveland on Saturday. I guess if I play my cards right I could make a detour on I-71 coming back to columbus and hit Wayne County on Saturday. Past couple of all star races I have been to there have been great and I have heard good things about their weekly show

Comment

Good to see Portsmouth is opening its season this weekend. When I saw the aerial video of the track in March, I figured they might not race there until June. Attica & Fremont this weekend for me. Weather permitting, of course. Good work again, GT. I look forward to the outlook each week. A new car after only one paycheck? I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                    Good to see Portsmouth is opening its season this weekend. When I saw the aerial video of the track in March, I figured they might not race there until June. Attica & Fremont this weekend for me. Weather permitting, of course. Good work again, GT. I look forward to the outlook each week. A new car after only one paycheck? I'm impressed.
                    My grandfather and a family friend are fronting the money and rebuilding it. Salvage title with front end clipped but 50k miles and a 5 year old car for about 5-6k once it's front end is fixed up.

Comment

The Big Block Modifieds were on the schedule the last two years on the Tuesday night prior to the NASCAR truck race. Last years race was extremely disappointing due to the lack of a race track for the series to perform. They had the trucks out running multiple practice sessions just burning the track up. When it was time for the Big Blocks to race the track was just junk. They didn't bother to do anything positive to help them either. I left after the semi after they announced another 45 minute truck series practice session prior to the feature.

Why invite a series that most of the teams are on the east coast to run in an area where they don't normally run and then offer them a disaster of a track like that. Yes you are correct that the Big Blocks won't be back and I certainly understand why. I doubt if the DIRTcar modifieds fare any better. With track prep like that, they need to just have NASCAR truck practice and not even try to run anything. I certainly won't waste my time or money again for that type of racing.

Comment

Sure looks like the weatherman is going to crash any racing parties on Saturday. Come on man.....

Comment

Weekend racing weather has not been favorable this year.

I was planning to take in Wayne County on Sat.

Comment

Sprint14, depending on what part of Cleveland your in you could come down RT 77 to RT 30 to get to WCS.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                              Weekend racing weather has not been favorable this year.

I was planning to take in Wayne County on Sat.
                              This is why I would like to see our race tracks scheduling longer seasons. Here it is almost Memorial Day Weekend and few tracks have more than 5 races in and will close up shop in Aug. or early Sept. when the weather will fair nicely like it has the past 5-10 years thru Oct.. Some years the current schedules work, but most like this year they equal too short of seasons for the Fans and especially for the Teams that spend all that money with fewer opportunities to get any winnings. Examples Lima has only 11 shows left, Fremont 14 then it's back to that 27 week long off season. jmo
                              2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Working...
                              X