No announcement yet.

Weekend Outlook 5/18-5/20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many tracks won't schedule against high school football. In recent years it has been discovered that playing football causes concussions. (What a shocker! Who knew?) Soon high schoolers will be playing flag football. Nobody will watch that. Weekly racing will thrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Racechasser View Post

This is why I would like to see our race tracks scheduling longer seasons. Here it is almost Memorial Day Weekend and few tracks have more than 5 races in and will close up shop in Aug. or early Sept. when the weather will fair nicely like it has the past 5-10 years thru Oct.. Some years the current schedules work, but most like this year they equal too short of seasons for the Fans and especially for the Teams that spend all that money with fewer opportunities to get any winnings. Examples Lima has only 11 shows left, Fremont 14 then it's back to that 27 week long off season. jmo
      I agree with this comment in it’s entirety. I have been attending races for 63 years but in recent years have been relying on numerous other hobbies I have due to shortened seasons. Fremont is a good case in point. For years they used to only close down for one other race ( Kings Royal ), and were closed for the Fair for 2 weeks. Then the two weeks became three, and now it is four, and, we now close for the Kings Royal PLUS 2 races at Mansfield. Requires close attention to details now to know when a track is racing and when it is intentionally closed. The casual fan doesn’t pay that close of attention to things like this. Not good for business.

Comment

I remember when Joe and Shirley Thompson ran Fremont, they had some fall sprint races. I remember going to some sprint shows in November there and it was good racing.
        They closed for fair but did seem to have a lot of shows.

Comment

Hilltop Speedway in Millersburg is cancelled now due to rain.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
            I remember when Joe and Shirley Thompson ran Fremont, they had some fall sprint races. I remember going to some sprint shows in November there and it was good racing.
            They closed for fair but did seem to have a lot of shows.
            Many more races when they had it. I raced there in that era. Gary Kern ran every week I believe except the regular Fair shut down.
            2018 Race Counter - Total- 18 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-1, Attica-4, Eldora-5, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-2, Wayne County-1

Comment

Wayne County Speedway has cancelled for today.

Comment

Working...
              X