Attica Beat the Rain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attica Beat the Rain

On a night when Attica could have cancelled, they chose to race. Thank you to every one at ARP for getting this show in. For two consecutive weeks, Attica has had great events and disappointing crowds. Hopefully, the weather and the attendance will both be good next Friday. Strange as it sounds, it was warmer at the end of the show than at the beginning. That's a new experience.

Wind changed direction from blowing off lake and your right, the night felt warmer. 8pm had sweatshirt on at work, 9pm was T-shirt and that was in Sandusky to tell how much change wind was. Sounds like good racing and lotta passing

Comment

The best heat race was the last one for the 305's. Prior to that, once the cars got single file, they all ran the top and were pretty well spread out. All 3 features were good. 5 reds in the 410 feature were not so good. Unusual track conditions instead of the normal dry/slick probably were a factor. (not a criticism of track prep, just an opinion)

Comment

The races were pretty good all night. Amazed at how good the track was despite the conditions. Brubaker is putting together one heck of a year. If he keeps up he might very well be the track champ when all is said and done. Tons of passing in all of the features. Mintz started 13th and finished in the top 5, brubaker started 5th to win. Reed and Henry came from deep towards the front as well.

one thing that stuck out to me was it seemed like nobody could get the car to stick in 4. All the refs and most of the cautions was so to people jumping the cushion in 3 and 4 all night. Can’t belueve how lucky bobby Clark was to fly off and through the entrance to the track and work area and not hit a single thing. That could’ve been a very bad crash.

Broc martins flip was scary on the backstretch too. Seemed like it was just close hard racing from my perspective but hard to see a car get junked that badly. Bayston was fast all night too but his fence climbing put that car out of race. Seemed like a lot of drivers were driving harder than normal and I wonder if the track is why.
        2018 Race Counter: 24
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

They are saying the die hard race fans have died out, what we have these days are the fair weather fans. All the social media weather apps says warning warning storm ahead and then fans dont go. Often the weather is good and doesnt rain. The track needs the fans to pay the purses.
          Now tracks are cancelling cause of threats of rain because the fans wont come. The ones that tried to race cause of adverse conditions got hurt due to attendance sadly lacking.
          WCS had good races last Sat. but the crowd was way down. WCS and Attica tried but were not supported by the fans.

Comment

On the Brock Martin flip......He hit one of the tractor tires in turns 3 & 4 then did end over ends comming out of 2. I believe he damaged the car hitting the tire, then something on the car failed. Good run for Jordan Ryan last nite. He's going to get a feature win at ARP sooner than later. I really didn't expect him to hold off DJ Foos and Brubaker for 30 laps. Those two really pounced on him at the same time. Exciting!

Comment

Guess let’s see the video, in my eyes Brubaker took Martin out with contact drifting up the backstretch. It was hard racing but Brubaker didn’t hold his line.

Comment

Catfish had a hell of a race, if it wasn't for Martin and Brubaker slipping under him on that restart he may have very well held on to win that race. Put on a good show for sure. Seemed like the best quality field of purely local drivers I've seen in quite a while. Out of the top 6 drivers, all of them except for Jordan Ryan has had a win this year already.
                Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

The wind coming hard out of the north-east is why the sprints had problems in turn 4. The cushion was all blown off just before the caution light/track entrance and wind gust were pushing them up the track.. Brubaker clearly ran brock martins front left wheel over causing him to flip.Not sure who didn't hold the line but cars seem to get cut off on the back stretch all the time coming out of turn 2. Looks like martin didn't want to get forced off the track and brubaker slid right up over his front wheel.

The fans need to support attica's effort to race at all cost. Fans should be ashamed to not go with %30 scattered rain. Most fans don't know how to understand a weather forecast. Maybe the tracks need to put more weather forecast understanding information out there for the fans. Ive seen people with weather apps on there phone and it looks like a hurricane is coming almost every time. At the end of the day most tracks aren't running if they feel like they aren't going to get the show in. Plus is a rain check really that bad at tracks that honor them till seasons end??

Comment

The crowd was about what I'd expect for as crappy as a forecast as it was. Most people don't want to go sit in the rain to do much of anything. If it was any track but Attica I would not have gone last night but I knew they are good with prep and will get the show done in a reasonable amount of time.

I 100% agree with the fact that a LOT of drivers pinch others off the backstretch banking. It's probably the most common move to make a pass at Attica in the straights. You can either brake, go over the banking, or hold tight to your line and hope you don't make contact. Martin seemed to have chose the latter and it was just a racing deal. No doubt there was contact made you could see Stu's car hop during the race. Just don't think it was intentional.

Also side note: Raceway 7 also got their race in this weekend.

Comment

I would probably make an argument for Attica bwibb one of the best race tracks in the country because of instances last night. They run one of if not the most efficient programs in the country, the track conditions are always in good condition, concessions are resonably priced, car counts are always good. I always try to make the two hour drive up from Columbus to see a show but unfortunately I am not able to make it maybe 4-5 times a year. Sometimes I wish I lived closer

Comment

What's astounding to me is they apologized profusely for a twenty minute delay in starting the show after the rain. Hot laps started about 30 minutes after it was scheduled at 7:10 and racing was done by 11:15. There's a lot of tracks who start 20 minutes late when it's beautiful outside.

Comment

They had delay and started on time!
                          2018 Race Count 14.5 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (8) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1) , Skyline (.5)

Comment

Let me add or second what sprint14 says...I want to commend Attica as often as I can. They have a great crew and spent about 6 less hours than Mansfield did getting a track race ready(way less rain as well i know). Week in , week out best of the best. It makes it damn near impossible for me to venture other places and sucks when I see so few in the stands. Top notch talent in all divisions, I just cant understand how it isn't standing room only every single week. Most times there are three seperate grooves of racing. On a side note they have the worst 50/50 ever since the one lady retired. Theres the only negative. Lucky to see him flash by once a night.
                            2018 Race Count 14.5 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (8) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1) , Skyline (.5)

Comment

I ventured over to Attica last night and the racing was fantastic. The 3 features were all excellent. I felt bad for Martin as he was clearly the guy to beat but that was ruined by the 35. I also felt bad for Kyle Moore in the late model feature as he also had th car to beat until Missler bobbled and hit him in the right front and broke the upper. Weaver was the class of the field in 305's and was able to seal the deal. 3rd time I've been to Attica this year and I can say they are the best at not wasting time and giving the fans a good quality show for their money.

Comment

Working...
                              X