No announcement yet.

Attica Beat the Rain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I viewed the video and saw the contact between Brubaker and Martin. I know how I missed it. My view was blocked by the water truck parked in the infield. The cars disappeared behind it at the moment of contact. My vantage point for the last few years has been from the first section on the turn 4 side of the flagstand. I wonder why ARP always parks a water truck under the scoreboard. This is the first time it blocked my view of something important. Rain blocked everybody's view at Fremont last nite. Summbitch!

Comment

It was said that when another track in the country (not 100% sure which track, so I'm not going to throw out a name) had a very bad fire on a wreck a few years ago and the fire team was not properly equipped that John Bores the promoter at Attica would always leave a water truck in the infield for back up support if the fire team's equipment ran out of fire extinguisher liquid or foam. Not for sure that is accurate but I have seen the track crew at Attica put a hose & nozzle on the side of the truck in the past, so I bet this to be true. Safety over blocking a fan's view for a split second is okay in my book.

Comment

Great racing Friday. Hard to beat the value of a local show at Attica.

Comment

Originally posted by featurewinner View Post
          Safety over blocking a fan's view for a split second is okay in my book.
          OK in my book too. Never thought of using the water truck as back-up for the safety crew. That's why John Bores is a promotor and I'm a fan.

Comment

Working...
          X