Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atomic dropped the remaining OSCS Events on their schedule.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic dropped the remaining OSCS Events on their schedule.

Found it odd they would drop them out of nowhere. Anyone know why or what happened? I get that the OSCS probably wasn't going to have a big following this year with the late start but still kind of mysterious for Mccown to sell the series, schedule them at his track, and then drop them out the blue.

Maybe something happened behind the scenes? Not sure if OSCS has a sanctioning fee. But maybe the 12 cars that showed up to their first event had something to do with it. It seems like having that title with the sprint class really wasn’t gonna help this year. The sprint events remain but are now unsanctioned.
    2018 Race Counter: 13
    Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Can't say that I am surprised. The guy running the series bought a series that was dead and buried. He has never promoted anything but go kart races and he always had drama involved in that. Hard to draw 410 drivers away from the already established FAST All star and even OVSCA.

Comment

OSCS has no point fund so i don't see why anyone would follow it.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
          OSCS has no point fund so i don't see why anyone would follow it.
          Nice run the other night Joe. And I agree, why follow a series with no incentives

Comment

No point fund? No sanction fee? No tow money? What need did OSCS fill? I hope the young man who bought the series last winter learned a lot and didn't lose too much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

Nice run the other night Joe. And I agree, why follow a series with no incentives
              Thanks man. Hopefully the bad luck is done

Comment

If they would have charged a sanction fee, that could have been the point fund. At least a place to start from.

Comment

What's the point of having a series with no point fund, tow money, etc. There is no incentive to run it so it makes sense for any track not to book the series. I like the concept of having a "southern" Ohio series like the FAST series but it basically already had OVSCA. No need to have 2 series in the same region

Comment

Are any track promoters working with the new owner?

Thought it odd Atomic who sold series to guy is now not supporting it. Must be a lot of untold story.

Liked watching the series last year.

But yet we now have the Boss winged plus non wing in competition.

Comment

Probably due to the fact that at it's first race (Atomic), of the 12 cars that showed up all but one was a track regular or semi regular. A series that brings only one car to an event is doomed from the start.

Comment

Working...
                      X