Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook 5/24-5/27

Weekend Highlights

- The All Star Circuit of Champions make their return to Ohio with an action packed 3 day weekend of racing. Starting off Friday night at Attica, and continuing with Wayne County Saturday and Waynesfield on Sunday. Attica always has one of the best counts when the all stars swing into town and always provide an excellent night of racing. The forecast is perfect to boot. Wayne County has a good show lined up but it seems that the forecast is not supporting the racing on saturday. Waynesfield has a preview of their ever popular "best show of speedweek" with both the All Stars and the NRA 360's for the inaugural Bob Hampshire classic.

- Atomic Speedway is running two races this weekend. Thursday they kick things off with a $2k to win late model show with sport mods and Compacts also on the card for a GA price of $10. Saturday they have a show consisting of the 410 sprints and the first appearance of the Ohio Thunder Sprint Car Series Racesaver 305s. Would like to note, that even those this is a racesaver sanctioned race teams are still allowed to run an open ruleset. The racesaver cars are running for their own points within the group.

-The OTSCS mentioned above also will be making an appearance, I believe their first, at Jackson County Speedway. This will be the first of two appearances of sprints of the recently revived Jackson Ohio track.

- Midway Speedway is hosting their annual Jim Dunn Memorial late model race for $10K to win. It seems like for people in the area this should be a fantastic show. I'm not near the region but I encourage anyone near their to support the event. The owners seems to put everything they have into this one event and in order for them to succeed I hope they get a fantastic turnout. I know Ryan Markham is planning on attending the event. Wayne County and Atomic are not running late models so most of the eastern and southern late models should be there. With maybe an invader or two.

- Sharon Speedway is hosting the RUSH Nonwing sprints and the Big Block Modifieds. The RUSH Sprints are very new and running crate engines. Their inaugural appearance last week at Lernerville on Thursday drew 12 cars. I'm unsure if this will grow into anything of note but if nearby and don't feel like going to wayne county this would be a good alternative.

-Monday the 28th Lawrenceburg Speedway in Indiana is hosting the WoO Sprints and is almost always one of the best races of the year. Expect some NASCAR guys to drop in to the show as well. Including Kyle Larson

My weekend Plans
    Traveling down to Loudonville for my fiance's 21st birthday weekend on Friday. I've been given the go ahead to go to a race as well that weekend so I'm thinking I might make an appearance at Wayne County on Saturday seeing as it's only 35 minutes away. I actually would like to see the Jim Dunn race at Midway but I don't want to travel a whole lot more than I have to and hard to pass up the All Stars at WCS.
    • May 24th
      • Atomic Speedway – Late Models, Sport Mods, Compacts
    • May 25th
      • Attica Raceway Park – ASCoC Sprints, Late Models, 305 Sprints
      • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts
      • Jackson Co. Speedway – OTSCS 305 Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Enduro
      • Limaland Motorsports Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Moler Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Comapcts
      • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
    • May 26th
      • Atomic Speedway – 410 Sprints, OTSCS 305 Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
      • Deerfield Speedway – Jr. Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Modlites, 600 Micros, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
      • Fremont Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, NRA 360 Sprints, FAST 305 Sprints
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, + 2 Supports (Stocks, Compacts, Modlites, or Sport Modifieds?)
      • Oakshade Raceway – ALMS Late Models, Sportsman, Stocks, Compacts
      • Sharon Speedway – Big Block Modifieds, RUSH Modifieds, EconoModifieds, RUSH Non Wing Sprints
      • Wayne County Speedway – ASCoC Sprints, Stocks, Compacts
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
    • May 27th
      • Eldora Speedway – ALMS Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Midway Speedway – Enduro
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Modifieds
      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – ASCoC Sprints, NRA 360 Sprints

2018 Race Counter: 22
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Attica only for me this weekend. Wife's family is coming into town this weekend so not able to make it to any others. Would love to go to Waynesfield on Sunday but not able to do so since it's her birthday on Monday.

Another date to add would be 5/28- World of Outlaw Sprint Cars at Lawrenceburg Speedway.

I know it's not Ohio but it's a couple hours from where I live plus Lawrenceburg is a great track and it's the Outlaws

Comment

Another fine job, GT.
      You make it so easy to look at a glance.
      All Stars at WCS is always a good show and they have usually an exciting feature. Never seems to disappoint me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
        Attica only for me this weekend. Wife's family is coming into town this weekend so not able to make it to any others. Would love to go to Waynesfield on Sunday but not able to do so since it's her birthday on Monday.

Another date to add would be 5/28- World of Outlaw Sprint Cars at Lawrenceburg Speedway.

I know it's not Ohio but it's a couple hours from where I live plus Lawrenceburg is a great track and it's the Outlaws
        It's mentioned towards the end of the highlights section. I try to mention the border tracks if something big is going on I just don't include them in the list.

Also one amendment, 250 speedway is running their regular show on Friday as well. It's week to week with this track no schedule released. What can ya do.
        2018 Race Counter: 22
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

I used to always make the drive to Fremont on Memorial Day weekend when they had the 10k to win Allstar show on Sunday. None of these Sunday shows make up for that event that's gone. Ill be at Attica Friday, Deerfield Saturday and maybe Dog Hollow on Sunday. Depends on how Saturday goes with the micro.

Comment

Midway from loudonville Orly an hour away if thinkin right. Midway is just south of 70 south of zanesville? Been few years but 60 south runs ya into z-ville then thru town another few miles and track on right or am I totally thinking wrong track, roads, and location? When was there several years ago track was nice and smooth with what looked like moisture but was tough place to get traction. Unfortunately seems they don't draw huge car counts for that kinda money but the racing was good. Track seating was interesting and didn't have bad seat there I could tell from pits. Was definitely interesting....

Comment

Looked up Midway and the race has 5 support classes. It is a very different atmosphere down there. Went years ago and had no interest to return there.

Comment

Midway is on SR 93 south of Zanesville. I was there in 1998. There are 3 levels of parking above the track and the view from up there is great. So is the party. Roughly parallel to SR 93, is SR 555 which is one of Ohio's great motorcycle roads. Its nice smooth asphalt. Every one of the many curves is on camber. There's constant elevation changes and basically no straightaways. 555 goes from Zanesville to US 50 near Legendary Hilltop Speedway.

Comment

Midway is a nice track except for the sandy pits. It's kind of weird to come out of turn 2 and see cars going by on the highway tho. They're late model country down there and have no use for sprints. Kind of like musky and portsmouth.

Comment

Yep that's what I was thinking on parking and sr 93. Can't say didn't enjoy and would never return but I haven't been back in 15yrs either, but I don't care to travel like I here too

Comment

Hillbilly Hill. That's what everybody called the parking areas above the frontstretch. The top level was pretty wild in '98. The latemodels were topless that nite. So were some of the girls on level 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X