Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Outlook 6/1-6/3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    woman refused to leave standing up by fence where she was blocking peoples view. they sent someone down to escort her away. There are signs posted and they were announcing to please move back but were ignored.

    Comment


    • #17
      Pretty sure I saw this lady do the same thing last year. Told the announcer he was #1 when he asked her to get away from the fence. Same outcome that night as well. There was also a kid in her group of people throwing rocks onto the track which I thought was fantastic

      Comment


      • #18
        Those are the people that give the tracks a bad name and discourage family groups from coming back and also senior citizens. People want to go where they feel safe.
        I would have no problems if tracks would escort them out the gates.
        WCS usually does not have that problem on a regular basis.
        Been to tracks where folks got mad then trashed the bathrooms or other things.

        Comment


        • #19
          Mini stocks are often driven by children. When there's a crash, or a small disagreement, their mothers go crazy. Maternal instincts make them lose all ability to reason. Because they have never been held accountable for their actions in their entire life, millenial moms are prone to bad behavior. So are their offspring. Racing was better back when the women and their children stayed home.

          Comment


          • #20
            Racing was not better when women and children stayed home. They just had manners then.
            You just have certain groups of folks that cause issues it seems, Unfortunately.

            Comment


            • #21
              I guess I would be lumped into the millennial generation & I get sick and tired when I hear people of older generations constantly say we have never been held accountable, never worked hard, always got a trophy, and the ultimate insult don't know how to raise kids.

              1. I have been held accountable and disciplined my whole life, and I have seen others my age have the same done to them. 2. I have been working since 8yrs old when I would cut grass or shovel snow for people in my neighborhood to make money & I wasn't the only kid doing it. 3. I never received a trophy in any sport even the 2-8 football season. And why do you blame our generation for this? Wouldn't it be on the previous generation or generation before who couldn't handle having a conversation with their child on how to deal with failure so you just gave them a trophy to shut them up?

              Finally I have taken my 2yr old son to about 20+ races now and have actually received compliments with how well behaved he is. I used to work at a hockey rink as a teenager and had to deal with mother's from the generation and they acted the same way as millennial mother's do, and mother's from 1950, 1900, and 1800 which is full on grizzly bear when someone touches their cub.

              Ok end of rant. Sometimes it gets old when you get put into a group that constantly gets blamed for society's issues. Although that has been handed down for generations as well. Every generation seems to think they are better than the next one for some reason

              Comment


              • #22
                A two year old should not be at a speedway. Nice rant.

                Comment


                • #23
                  By groups I was not referring to millenials. We have lots of millenials at races no problem with them at all. By groups I mean you a have troublemaker who seems to attract a few more of them then when they have more than one of them they seem to form a little group they stir up trouble as the group. Seen a few groups escorted out of tracks.

                  Seems they have to have backup unless we are talking about the one individual who becomes intoxicated and just becomes obnoxious.

                  You have some of these in every generation.

                  Yes I do remember some of the mini wedge group being disruptive to the race program in years past.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Nice reply. I'm the parent and he can go wherever I want to take him. Attica, Eldora, Fremont, Wayne County, Waynesfield, and Atomic seem to have no problem with letting him in. My parents apparently had no issue with taking me when I was 2 as well.

                    He sits on the bench next to me and watches the cars, eats a hot dog, or plays with his cars on the bench between races. He has ear protection & glasses to protect his eyes. Finally he does not run around anywhere or goes near the fence. So really do not see a reason as to why a 2 year old can't go to the race track.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
                      Nice reply. I'm the parent and he can go wherever I want to take him. Attica, Eldora, Fremont, Wayne County, Waynesfield, and Atomic seem to have no problem with letting him in. My parents apparently had no issue with taking me when I was 2 as well.

                      He sits on the bench next to me and watches the cars, eats a hot dog, or plays with his cars on the bench between races. He has ear protection & glasses to protect his eyes. Finally he does not run around anywhere or goes near the fence. So really do not see a reason as to why a 2 year old can't go to the race track.
                      I would rather have your 2 year old sitting next to me rather than the obnoxious ones that seem to think they are in a bar. Abusive language, drinking and cussing, spitting tobacco juice on the bleachers, while rooting cousin Billy Bob on to a 18th place finish in the thunder car feature. Or better yet, like the guy who came up just before the feature event at Montpelier last Tuesday night and stood in front of me. When I asked him if he could please sit down so we could all see, his response was this race will be exciting and if you want to see it you better stand. About lap 3 a properly flipped up dirt clod from the cushion caught Mr. NASCAR in the murphy's. Amazing. He didn't stand up until it was time to leave. The good Lord works in mysterious ways some times.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post

                        I would rather have your 2 year old sitting next to me rather than the obnoxious ones that seem to think they are in a bar. Abusive language, drinking and cussing, spitting tobacco juice on the bleachers, while rooting cousin Billy Bob on to a 18th place finish in the thunder car feature. Or better yet, like the guy who came up just before the feature event at Montpelier last Tuesday night and stood in front of me. When I asked him if he could please sit down so we could all see, his response was this race will be exciting and if you want to see it you better stand. About lap 3 a properly flipped up dirt clod from the cushion caught Mr. NASCAR in the murphy's. Amazing. He didn't stand up until it was time to leave. The good Lord works in mysterious ways some times.
                        That's absolutely awesome!!! That is my one gripe with montpelier, someone could stand in front of stands and just about block the track for the people in the top row. Just not near enough seating there for big shows. Good and racy track though would like to go back.
                        2018 Race Counter: 24
                        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

                          That's absolutely awesome!!! That is my one gripe with montpelier, someone could stand in front of stands and just about block the track for the people in the top row. Just not near enough seating there for big shows. Good and racy track though would like to go back.
                          In talking to a friend of mine who is a staff member there, Montpelier is working on adding more seats. It kinda depends on another track getting the new seating that they purchased installed and the old ones taken out. Hopefully they can get that accomplished soon.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by racemak View Post
                            Mini stocks are often driven by children. When there's a crash, or a small disagreement, their mothers go crazy. Maternal instincts make them lose all ability to reason. Because they have never been held accountable for their actions in their entire life, millenial moms are prone to bad behavior. So are their offspring. Racing was better back when the women and their children stayed home.
                            Interesting point of view. I enjoy my racing without bitter old men around.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              My parents took me when I was a baby.
                              I had other kids we sat with.
                              They never had a problem with me.
                              I was thrilled to meet the drivers when dad took me to see the cars.
                              They would have blankets for me to go to sleep if it was late.
                              We took our children when young. They had their cars, flags and each other and other children.
                              Our only issue was they loved to go to the souvenir stands and concession stands more than I wanted them to. The bathroom trips where you hurried them up before the features.
                              They enjoyed the nights the tracks had kid activities.
                              Yes would rather sit by some kids than the drunk who vomits in the bleachers.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X