What's Your Track Total?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Track Total?

What's the total number of tracks at which you have seen race? Permanent dirt and pavement ovals count. Paved road courses count. Drag strips count. I don't count kart tracks. Demolition derby doesn't count, but enduros do. (I enjoyed a garden tractor race at Richland County Fairground, but the track doesn't count.) If you went to Mansfield when it was paved, you can count it again now that it is back to dirt. These are my guidelines. Yours may be different and that is perfectly okay.

132 tracks in 20 states, from 1955 to the present. If there is more than one track on the grounds of a track, or if a dirt track gets paved or altered in any way, I only count that track once. I do count indoor facilities providing a legitimate auto race is held, such as full sized midgets at Fort Wayne, etc.

Comment

21 race tracks across OH, IN, PA, MI, KY, NC, FL & OK. 36 tracks if I count kart tracks/races. Hoping to add Waynesfield and Atomic to the list this year.

Comment

I come up with 40 tracks that I have attended.

Comment

10 tracks that I can think of. Man I need to get out more lol

Comment

I have been to 21 total. That includes one dragway, mostly dirt and a few asphalt and indoors. It also includes tracks that have reconfigured. I have seen races at I-96 on the old 1/2 and 1/4 plus the "new" 3/8. I believe rules state you count that multiple times.

Most have been in Michigan or Indiana. I have only ventured into Ohio a few times but that will change soon. I have a young family so I try to keep travel within 2 hours of my house.

Comment

21 total for me. 1 dragstrip, 6 Nascar tracks, 2 asphalt short tracks (1 no longer exists, RIP Columbus motor speedway) 12 dirt tracks mostly in Ohio. I actually have more on my bucket list than ones that I have been to.

Comment

28 tracks ... 20 dirt 8 pavement ... 9 states

Comment

53 across 13 states I think.

Jeremy

Comment

Muddy used the phrase "a legitimate auto race". If it's not a legitimate auto race (like garden tractors), the track doesn't count. Muddy is correct counting indoor tracks like Ft. Wayne. I don't count motocross, some of you might. I do count the dirt oval at The Allen County Fairground where I saw an AMA flat track motorcycle race.

Comment

15 total that I know of. 12 dirt all in OH or Eastern Indiana (Attica, Fremont, Wayne County, Millstream, Mansfield, Lawrenceburg, Route 44, Atomic, Eldora, Portsmouth, Route 44, and Montpelier in that order.) 2 Paved ovals in old Mansfield and Martinsville. 1 drag strip that I'm old enough to recall in Norwalk.
                      2018 Race Counter: 24
                      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

2 nascar in Pocono - Darlington, 1 drag strip, 2 road course tracks in Nelsons ledges- mid ohio, 1 asphalt Midvale, 14 dirt tracks atomic,mansfield,Sharon,attica,Waynesfield,fremont ,wcs,hilltop,muskinghum,Deerfield,lernerville,merc er,eriez, and PPMS.

Comment

Doing a quick count, I came up with at least 84 tracks. Probably missed one or two but for the most part that is it. I will pick up a few new ones along the way in the coming years. I've enjoyed them all.

Comment

22 tracks across 5 states. All ovals, mix of dirt and asphalt. I counted Bristol as 2 tracks. Went to the spring Cup race and dirt race in June, back in 2000.

Comment

If you count dragstrips also I'm at 84 in 10 states. I try to add at least one new track every year. This year I added LaSalle and plan on hitting Smokey Mountain in a couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X