No announcement yet.

What's Your Track Total?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a list somewhere. It's about 185 tracks. I need to look for that list

Comment

21 between pavement dirt and drag strips across 5 states. 2 motox and probably in the neighborhood of about 40 different place for demo derbies even tho we're not counting those. Still need to make it over to pa for some races.

Comment

Originally posted by MFW View Post
        21 between pavement dirt and drag strips across 5 states. 2 motox and probably in the neighborhood of about 40 different place for demo derbies even tho we're not counting those. Still need to make it over to pa for some races.
        If you want to count the demo derbies, count them. You don't have to follow anybody's rules but your own.

Comment

This really brings back some memories figuring out where I have been. I am sure I forgot a couple but I come up with 24. Dirt-16. Local Pavement-3. Nascar-5. Dragstrip-1. Some of the oldest memories came from Mccutchenville and Kokomo that I attended as a kid. Some highlights would be Knoxville when the Buckeye bullet won on Sunday. Many of the races at the old Eldora. Bristol when they put dirt on it. Bristol with pavement is also the best track to see a Nascar race. Especially the night race. Went to a Nascar race at the Rock before it was taken off the schedule. Thanks to the thread starter for bringing back some great memories. Also very impressed by the number some of you have been to. 100's??? Wow!!! I need to get out more too.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
            If you want to count the demo derbies, count them. You don't have to follow anybody's rules but your own.
            Next time I'm at Attica I'm gonna have to say something. I think I sit behind you most nights over there.

Comment

126 tracks in 11 different states. Living up here in Michigan I have to travel down into Ohio too see good sprint car racing.

Comment

Ohio - Limaland, The Field, The Other Field, Oakshade, Toledo, Atomic / KC, Columbus (indoor), New Bremen (dirt & asphalt) , Portsmouth, Ada, Bryan, Sandusky, Muskingum Co., Moler, Fremont, Attica, Millstream, Shady Bowl, Lorain Co. & Eldora.
                Ind. - Montpelier, Terre Haute, Kokomo, Winchester, Gas City, Rt. 44, Ft. Wayne Indoor, Bearfield, Indy (big track), Lawrenceburg (1/4 & 3/8) & North Vernon.
                Mi. - MIS, I-96, Butler & Kalamazoo.
                Ill. - Rockford Intl Speedway & Lasalle.
                Pa. - Williams Grove.
                Ia. - Knoxville & Oskaloosa.
                N.C.- Lowes Big track & Dirt & 311 speedway.
                Fla. - Boss Hog Speedway
                Last edited by Sprintcarfanatic; 1 week ago.

Comment

I'm at about 123 tracks across 12 states at this time for live racing. Around another 23 tracks that I have stopped by or been rained out with no racing.
                  -Started as a young lad swinging on a swing in the Quincy, MI town park on most late Saturday afternoons as the open wheel trailers drove by on their way to Butler Motor Speedway. This was in the late 60's into the 70's and it was in my blood. Would go home and plead/beg the parents to go to the track that night and most Saturday nights we did. My dad did some racing back in the early days of Butler (50's) and my mother drove the high banked oiled clay in the Powder Puff class so I guess I was going to enjoy racing. Even had a brother own a stock car at Butler in the past.
                  *We all need to support the short tracks in any way we can. Be positive on the web sites, take someone (or several) newbies to a track each year. Do a small fundraiser for a local driver if possible in the Winter or Spring....they can go over well. I started a Short Track Action Club (STAC) for fun and my Michigan gang can be found tailgating and enjoying the short track racing scene throughout the MI-OH-IN area with a road trip further out thrown in from time to time. (You may have seen some of our STAC shirts at the track that a member designed himself.)
                  **Enjoy the racing and get your butt in a seat at your local track when possible.

Comment

Beaner, that is a great idea on the club and fund raiser.
                    Would be nice to have a group to travel to shows.

Comment

Total - 30

Ohio - Attica, Eldora, Waynesfield, Atomic, Fremont, Limaland, Millstream, Mansfield (Dirt), Shady Bowl, Mid-Ohio, National Trails dragstrip, Columbus indoor at State fairgrounds, Cridersville Go Kart track
                      Indiana - Montpilier, Lawrenceburg. Ft. Wayne indoor, Indy big track, IRP (dragstrip)
                      Iowa - Knoxville, Osky
                      Alabama - Talledega, Short track at Talledega
                      North Carolina - Lowes, Rockingham
                      Oklahoma - Tulsa (Chili Bowl)
                      Kentucky - Kentucky motor speedway
                      Tennesse - Bristol
                      Georgia - Atlanta
                      Michigan - MIS
                      Florida - Daytona

2018 Races: Tulsa Chili Bowl-5, Attica-4, Waynesfield-4, Eldora-2, Mansfield-1, Lawrenceburg-1

Comment

Working...
                      X