Tracks on your wish list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracks on your wish list

Inspired by racemak, when I was going through my list of tracks that I have been to, I started to think about tracks I want to go to. Figured I would post this and see if anyone had any common ones or we could give information to others on our experience if we have been to a track on their list.

My list: Jackson Motorplex, Huset Speedway, River City Speedway, I-80, Eagle Raceway, Kokomo, Bloomington, Terre Huete, Tri State, Williams Grove, Port Royal, Lincoln , Selinsgrove, Path Valley, Charlotte Dirt Track, Volusia, Placerville, Ventura, Stockton, Tulare, Chilibowl, Winchester, Bristol, Snowball Derby, Nashville Fairgrounds, Hickory, Premier speedway, Avalon, Murray's Bridge

Wish list tracks. Knoxville Nationals, Chili Bowl, Bowman-Gray Stadium, Monaco. The first three might happen some day. The Monaco Grand Prix is unlikely, unless I win the lotto. I wish for no rain tonite at Attica. Or at Fremont tomorrow. The best sprint car racing in the world is right here.

Comment

Chili bowl, mighty Macon speedway (Illinois), & Knoxville Nat's

Comment

Top reasonable ones are Kokomo, Macon, Fairbury, Lernerville, Port Royal. Less reasonable but would like to get to River City, Knoxville, Tulare.
        2018 Race Counter: 24
        Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Silver Dollar Speedway, Chico, California ( home of the Gold Cup ). Calistoga Speedway, in the beautiful wine country of Napa Valley, California. The little bullring of Macon Speedway, in Illinois. The mile dirt of the DuQuinn State Fairgrounds in Illinois, for the USAC Silver Crown 100 miler during the Fair. These would make my racing experiences complete. I might add that, at the end of the day, my favorite tracks have always been the small, down home type facilities, for a good old fashioned “ regular weekly race “. It’s not always necessary to see big time stars to see a good race.

Comment

Knoxville for both sprint nationals and late model nationals. Just about any of the Ill. tracks. Pa.,dirt track at Charlotte,Indy for the 500 and the dragstrip for the US Nationals. Batesville for the topless 100. Eastbay and Volusia, Lucas Oil Speedway. Bristol for the dragstrip,been to the oval. Byron Ill. for the wheelstand comp. at the dragstrip.

Comment

Knoxville, Fairbury, Cedar Lake, Talladega, Pennsboro, Tyler County, 411, Golden Isle, East Bay, Batesville, Chico, Tazewell, Bulls Gap, Farmer City, Chili Bowl, 201, Macon, Belle Claire, Williams Grove, Lincoln, and Port Royal

Comment

Knoxville, Tri City in Haubstadt, Chili bowl.

Comment

Seeing a lot of people say Knoxville. I went there last year for the Nationals and all I can say is if you're a Sprintcar fan and have never been there for that event....get off you butt lol! You gotta figure out way to get there. Best I can describe it is it is heaven on earth for Sprintcar fans. The town really rolls out the red carpet for the Nationals. The teams are scattered all throughout the team during the day, the people are nice, the food is great, and the racing was great

Last year was my first time going. We stayed at a days inn in Newton about 30miles away. We took a rental car for about $100 for the week but if your a camper you can get with the local chamber of commerce I believe and they can get you a camping spot. People open their front yards as camping spots. Concessions are scattered across the town and the heat races, especially the starts, are the most intense I have seen. After the first few hours there my buddy and I called our wives and said we were going back every year moving forward.

If your budget allows it I highly recommend doing Wednesday thru saturday. Next year I think we are planning on going the Saturday before to see the 360 Nationals, Cappatinni Classic on Sunday, front row challenge Monday or tuesday, then the nationals weds thru sat. I highly recommend saving up for it

Comment

I still haven't made the 4 hour drive to Eldora. Need to do that this year and my wish list is to race at lindas speedway in pa for nationals and go to Knoxville and charlotte.

Comment

Working...
                    X