Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Outlook 6/7-6/10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weekend Outlook 6/7-6/10

    Weekend Highlights

    - It's Dream time at Eldora Speedway. The massive Late model event drawing drivers from around the country kicks off on Thursday night, with racing action on Friday night as well. Black Sunshine, more commonly known as Scott Bloomquist, pulled off the victory for $100k on Saturday last year and is surely a threat to repeat. Last years Saturday night finale saw a field of 70+ of the best super late model drivers in the country sign in and compete for the prize. The 24th annual Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora should prove to be an exciting weekend to camp and enjoy the fine amenities that Eldora has to offer.

    - The Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series takes on a pair of bullrings this weekend across 2 states. Friday night they'll contest at the always exciting venue of Limaland Motorsports Park. With general admission at only $12 for this event, the value is there for a great program. This will be the BOSS Non wings only appearance at the Lima Ohio 1/4 mile this season. Saturday night they pay a visit to the tiny Montpelier Motor Speedway in Indiana for their first of two visits to the track this season. The tiny bullring should provide some fantastic action for those in the area. Be aware if you're coming from NW Ohio there is some construction on 469 around Fort Wayne although it shouldn't be of too much of a delay.

    - The newly revived Jackson County Speedway welcomes back the Super Late Models for the first time since the track has reopened it's gates. A handful of southern Ohio drivers have already to committed to running this event and the track has been well reviewed in it's rebirth although I've never been there myself. With Most local tracks off for the weekend for the Dream a solid crop of AMRA/UMP late models in southeastern Ohio should be on hand.

    - The 305s return to Atomic speedway to accompany the Ohio Valley Sprint Car Association 410 sprints. A good field of open wheel cars in all 4 divisions can be expected at the high banked clay oval. Danny Smith narrowly leads Bryan Nuckles by 4 points for the Atomic track championship, and looks to extend that lead this weekend.

    - Sharon Speedway is bringing in the ULMS late models to put on a show on the icy 3/8th mile oval. A variety of drivers who don't run in the area often will likely follow the ULMS tour into Ohio and offers a rare glimpse of some of the talented Pennsylvania Late Model drivers. Paired with Big Block Modifieds, the event should be an exciting one for those in the area.

    - Pairing with Waynesfield this weekend to garner support for the division, Attica welcomes back the mini sprints for the first time in a long time. Attica will have an all open wheel show consisting of the FAST 410 sprints, FAST 305 sprints, and mini sprints. The night is also mid-season championship night at the track hosting "Ohio's Finest Racing" making it a double points (track) event. With only 3 points separating the top 3 drivers in the 410s the event can make or break the points race. Currently, Byron Reed Leads second place cap Henry by 2 points, and Stuart Brubaker by 3. Much of the same can be said for the 305 sprint cars. Only 33 marks separate the top 6 drivers in points. John Ivy leads the 305 points, with Paul Weaver 4 points back and Kyle Capodice merely 8 points back.
    • June 7th
      • Eldora Speedway – Late Model Dream
    • June 8th
      • Attica Raceway Park – FAST 410 Sprints, FAST 305 Sprints, Mini Sprints
      • Deerfield Speedway – Jr. Sportsman, Jr. Sprints, 270 Micros, Modlites, 600 Micros, Chargers, Classics
      • Eldora Speedway – Late Model Dream
      • Jackson Co. Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Enduro
      • Limaland Motorsports Park – BOSS Non Wing Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
      • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
      • 250 Speedway – Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts, Wedges
    • June 9th
      • Atomic Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, OTSCS 305 Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Legends, Enduro-X (MX style Enduro)
      • Deerfield Speedway – Compacts, Enduro
      • Eldora Speedway – Late Model Dream
      • Fremont Speedway – 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks, Crate Late Models
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts
      • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
      • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Modifieds
      • Sharon Speedway – ULMS Late Models, Big Block Modifieds, E-Modifieds
      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Trucks, Compacts
      • Wayne County Speedway – 410 Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
    • June 10th
      • Atomic Speedway – Demo Derby, Enduro

    Last edited by GTigers55; 1 week ago.
    2018 Race Counter: 13
    Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

  • #2
    Good work as always, GT. Now I know that Sharon has big blocks and ULMS lates. Dave Hess and Max Blair are likely to be there and maybe Chub Frank now that he intends to race closer to home. With the ASCoC in New York for 3 races, maybe Jac will be at WCS again. My racing buddies are living the DREAM this weekend including Monster Cup at MIS on Sunday. Too rich for me. I'm at Attica as always on Friday. Saturday, probably Fremont.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oakshade is Saturday..other than that nice job...hope to be heading to the Dream on Saturday.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by racemak View Post
        Good work as always, GT. Now I know that Sharon has big blocks and ULMS lates. Dave Hess and Max Blair are likely to be there and maybe Chub Frank now that he intends to race closer to home. With the ASCoC in New York for 3 races, maybe Jac will be at WCS again. My racing buddies are living the DREAM this weekend including Monster Cup at MIS on Sunday. Too rich for me. I'm at Attica as always on Friday. Saturday, probably Fremont.
        Jac will be in NY with the ASCoC. Hes running fulltime.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MFW View Post
          Oakshade is Saturday..other than that nice job...hope to be heading to the Dream on Saturday.
          Ya know what no idea how I did that. I made the master list from January-April so just must've placed it on the wrong day for some reason. Amendment will be made to the schedule there.
          2018 Race Counter: 13
          Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

            Jac will be in NY with the ASCoC. Hes running fulltime.
            I'll stand corrected on that one. I assumed the ASCoC was racing somewhere in PA last Saturday. WRONG. It was an open date between Lernerville and Bedford. Since Jac was at WCS, I assumed he had quit the tour. WRONG AGAIN. To my credit, I picked a great nite for my first trip to WCS this season.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by racemak View Post
              I'll stand corrected on that one. I assumed the ASCoC was racing somewhere in PA last Saturday. WRONG. It was an open date between Lernerville and Bedford. Since Jac was at WCS, I assumed he had quit the tour. WRONG AGAIN. To my credit, I picked a great nite for my first trip to WCS this season.
              No doubt there. Sounds like they had a heck of a battle.
              2018 Race Counter: 13
              Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

              Comment


              • #8
                With the weekend work schedule I'll be at WCS.
                Pretty much that is where I go unless Mansfield is running.
                If Hilltop races sprints again, I will attend the show there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Does Anyone Know What The Hell Is Wrong With Limaland? Cancelled the BOSS show because it MIGHT rain? Not enough rain fell to hurt any track? They cancel the most and seem to find excuses to? Anyone know why the effort there has gone away over the years? I don't mean to disrespect, but It seems like when I decide to stay local they always disappoint?
                  2018 Race Counter - Total- 18 + (Rainouts-9) Atomic-1, Attica-4, Eldora-5, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-2, Wayne County-1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Racechasser View Post
                    Does Anyone Know What The Hell Is Wrong With Limaland? Cancelled the BOSS show because it MIGHT rain? Not enough rain fell to hurt any track? They cancel the most and seem to find excuses to? Anyone know why the effort there has gone away over the years? I don't mean to disrespect, but It seems like when I decide to stay local they always disappoint?
                    Based on the rain we just got an hour north they made the decision. It's literally been a torrential downpour for the last hour. The front extends south from what I can see. They've actually cancelled a lot less this year. Only their third cancellation in 8 attempts this year. There are multiple times this season I can think of that Lima and Attica were only two tracks in OHIO that didn't cancel their Friday show. I've been impressed that they have given it a good effort this year.
                    2018 Race Counter: 13
                    Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      By the way GTigers55 Thanks for the Weekend Outlook each week. Been using it as a tool. This week I planned on following BOSS, which is why I was so disappointed with Lima and I'm not alone as I know several of their drivers. Not sure where you are but I was in Lima a good part of the day and I am now 14 miles from the track and not a drop anywhere I've been? I am not a rookie, I've been doing this stuff since the 70's and they just don't seem to care if they race or not? IF they got any rain at the track it had to be brief.
                      2018 Race Counter - Total- 18 + (Rainouts-9) Atomic-1, Attica-4, Eldora-5, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-2, Wayne County-1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Racechasser View Post
                        By the way GTigers55 Thanks for the Weekend Outlook each week. Been using it as a tool. This week I planned on following BOSS, which is why I was so disappointed with Lima and I'm not alone as I know several of their drivers. Not sure where you are but I was in Lima a good part of the day and I am now 14 miles from the track and not a drop anywhere I've been? I am not a rookie, I've been doing this stuff since the 70's and they just don't seem to care if they race or not? IF they got any rain at the track it had to be brief.
                        I'm about an hour and a quarter north, figured this front nailed them too. Shame then since it didn't hit down there. Some heavy storms today. Theyv'e been bad about that for sure since I've started following but if what I had here had hit there they wouldn't be racing. No ifs ams or buts. But since it didn't...

                        On another note, just got invited by a friend I met at Attica this past week to meet him at Eldora for the Dream and he had a spare ticket. Looks lime I'm headed to the The Dream for the 1st time and my first crown jewel late model event!!! I'm pumped. Fiance, well, will likely not be as pumped that I'm leaving.
                        2018 Race Counter: 13
                        Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          UPDATE: So I won the drawing for the free Boxseats at Fremont... Well this blows. Too much good luck all at once!!

                          They are going to redraw a new winner! Lucky for everyone else.
                          Last edited by GTigers55; 1 week ago.
                          2018 Race Counter: 13
                          Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Attica made the right call. I followed Bobby Clark and Adam Keckitch north on SR4. When I saw them leave, I knew the race was cancelled. Hope you have a good time at the Dream, GT. You may become a late model fan and want to attend the Barney Oldfield race at Oakshade next Saturday. The latemodels never disappoint. The weather often does.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wayne County just cancelled.
                              Rain started in for the weekend again.
                              Only 4 races there this year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X