Big Questions, Mini Sprints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Questions, Mini Sprints

Its Attica race day and I just realized I know nothing about mini sprints. Some mini-sprint insight and information would be appreciated.

Motorcycle engines, They start and go by themselves, Chains break often, They put on a good show at Waynesfield but when they used to run fremont they didn't but that was a long time ago.

Comment

There 1000cc engines also. Big motor for mini sprints.

Comment

A long time ago the 305 class at fremont weren't that great either. But just like those, the mini's advanced over time and I believe that have both gotten better with age.

Comment

Rain at Attica so we never got to see the minis in action. Or anything else. Rain at Fremont tonite. Summbitch.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
            Motorcycle engines, They start and go by themselves, Chains break often, They put on a good show at Waynesfield but when they used to run fremont they didn't but that was a long time ago.
            Totally agree. Decent racing when they’re not stopping for chains. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of them in Ohio. There were quite a few of them about 30 years ago when there was a small track in northern Ohio which raced them weekly. I can’t remember the city. I think it was in the general vicinity of Lima, Ohio.

Comment

Yeah, that was Ada. Then on to Limaland, then Fremont and a couple at Attica. We would travel all over from Fremont to N.C. to Florida to Texas. The racing was great and so was the money, for whatever reason (probably money) like in other forms of racing changed. Still have mini's at Waynesfield, PA, Cali, Indiana and Illnois just to name a few so I'd say it's going pretty good.

Comment

I cant remember when it was but Lakeville used to run the mini sprints and had around 20+ weekly. They put on a good show.

Comment

I used GT's comprehensive schedule to find this race on Tuesday, July 3rd. Waynesfield- NRA 360 Speed Week, FAST 410 & 305, Mini-sprints. 4 divisions of winged sprints! I have been to Waynesfield twice for special events and minis were not on the card, so I have never seen a mini-sprint race. Anybody want to predict car counts?

Comment

they was on the july 3rd schedule last year at waynesfield

Comment

Working...
                    X