Ohio Sprint SpeedWeek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Sprint SpeedWeek

How many races is everyone going to and where this year, favorite tracks, and any other thoughts on SpeedWeek. I am planning on going to them all. Just thought this would be a good topic for the week.
    2018 Race Counter - Total- 18 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-1, Attica-4, Eldora-5, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-2, Wayne County-1

Going to WCS for sure.
    Always a good race there.
    They are not running a support division this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
      Going to WCS for sure.
      Always a good race there.
      They are not running a support division this year.
      I don't like the whole no support division. I get that its inconvenient for the super stocks to race on a Monday but they need to run super latemodels like they used too a few years ago. majority of the fans leave soon the checkers wave for the sprints anyway. to me watching the support division is a bonus before getting in the traffic jam. Actually I think a support division helps by not having the big jam from everyone going at the same time. That will happen on Monday and isn't going to get nobody out any faster.

Im going to Attica Friday, Deerfield Saturday, off sunday, head to wcs after work on Monday, Sharon Tuesday, off wed/ possible atomic undecided, muskinghum thurday, Friday&saturday undecided. went to the firecracker last 2 years but was very disappointed last year.

Comment

If you're worried about the traffic jam, head to the pits for a few min after the races to let things clear out.

Comment

Taking the little one for Eldora on Saturday. Depends on how the weather and how work goes on Friday to determine whether we go to Attica Friday or Waynesfield Sunday. Will probably go to one of if not both Atomic races and hoping to do lima the following Friday.

Love speedweek, it feels like we are right in the heart of racing season with a lot of great races upcoming. It's probably the best thing on the All Stars schedule.

Favorite track is Eldora but also like Waynesfield Lina Attica & Atomic. Hard to really pick one favorite track in Ohio. We are really fortunate to live in the area that we do

Comment

going to Waynesfield sunday love it being all sprints

Comment

I was wanting to go to Attica eldora Waynesfield but since I work Friday night and just went to eldora for the dream just planning on Waynesfield Sunday.
              2018 Race Counter: 13
              Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Eldora, Waynesfield & hopefully Limaland if they haven't cancelled already.

Comment

Mudinmybeer, I was hoping for the late models to be with the sprints for a quick run show.
                  Maybe cause late model and super stocks have not come out and really supported these shows?
                  I cant remember the last time I only watched just sprints at WCS speedweek show.

Comment

Where is the other traditional post about who off the porch will be attending...like DD et all...Ill play the weather just like last year but start with Attica, Waynesfield and see how it goes. Maybe find a track to hit Saturday.
                    2018 Race Count : Mansfield ( 2 ) , Lawrenceburg ( 1 ) , Attica ( 5 )

Comment

? about Muskingum.
                      Looked on their site and could not find support divisions or cost of admission. In the past they always charged more so anyone have that info?

Comment

A lot of good racing ahead starting on Friday night. Much will depend on the weather and also for me work. It would be nice to hit 3 or 4 so we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Anymore with job and family, Im lucky to make it to 2.
                          Used to go to almost complete week.
                          Plus I miss it being on July 4 like it used to be, easier to have time off then.
                          Guess I liked the 7 day schedule better Sun thru Sat was easier for my schedule.
                          Hopefully weather is not an issue for once, fingers crossed for all tracks to get their shows in.

Comment

Soon you will be able to legally gamble on auto racing in Ohio. How much can I win if I bet on no Speed Week rainouts?

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                              ? about Muskingum.
                              Looked on their site and could not find support divisions or cost of admission. In the past they always charged more so anyone have that info?
                              well it doesn't look like they've updated their website or facebook page in almost a year but the usually run late models and modifieds atleast there

Comment

Working...
                              X