No announcement yet.

Ohio Sprint SpeedWeek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot them a message on their FB page and asked for prices and times. Hopefully they get the hint?
    2018 Race Counter - Total- 18 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-1, Attica-4, Eldora-5, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-2, Wayne County-1

Comment

Originally posted by MFW View Post

well it doesn't look like they've updated their website or facebook page in almost a year but the usually run late models and modifieds atleast there
      They last posted on June 6th. They are by no means the best at social media but they do some live streams of their races. Looks like their regular shows have had good car counts and fan counts.
      2018 Race Counter: 13
      Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Donnie Moran ran it last year. Muskigum had mods and late models as well, pay extra for reserved seats..I TWEETED the question
        2018 Race Count : Mansfield ( 2 ) , Lawrenceburg ( 1 ) , Attica ( 5 )

Comment

Well Muskingum hasnt responded.
          If they run more than 1 support class turns me away from going. It was too late last year.

Comment

Full schedule for sprint speedweek everyone. Also, update on Musk. Co. from their web site.
            • Friday, June 15th
              • Attica Raceway Park – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Late Models
            • Saturday, June 16th
              • Eldora Speedway – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Modifieds, Stocks
            • Sunday, June 17th
              • Waynesfield Raceway Park – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, NRA 360 Sprints
            • Monday, June 18th
              • Wayne County Speedway – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek
            • Tuesday, June 19th
              • Sharon Speedway – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, RUSH Modifieds
            • Wednesday, June 20th
              • Atomic Speedway – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Sport Modifieds
            • Thursday, June 21st
              • Muskingum Co. Speedway – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Late Models, Modifieds
            • Friday, June 22nd
              • Limaland Motorsports Park – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Modifieds
            • Saturday, June 23rd
              • Atomic Speedway – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Late Models, Compacts

In less than two weeks Muskingum County Speedway will come back to life once again during the 2018 racing season as the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions will take center stage during the Annual Ohio Sprint Speedweeks on Thursday June 21st. MCS will host night #7 during the annual event in Ohio which will feature some of the best sprint car drivers in the country. Last year it was Spencer Bayston wheeling Kevin Swindell's #39 to not only victory lane, but also his first career ASCoC win of his career.

This year, however, the competion heated up with two crafty veterains making their return to full time racing in Dave Blaney and Jac Haudenschild. "The Buckeye Bullet" Dave Blaney wheels the #70 Pete Grove owned winged sprint car while "The Wild Child" Jac Haudenschild is in his family owned #3 after his son, Sheldon, went full time with the World of Outlaws in the Rickey Stenhouse owned #17 machine. Other enterants expected include Series Champions Chad Kemenah and Tim Shaffer, with regulars Carson Macedo, Parker Price-Miller, and Cale Conley just to name a few.

Also running with the ASCoC on June 21st will be the Arizon Sports Shirt Late Models (25 laps | $2,000 to win) and the Zemba Bros. Inc. Modifieds (20 Laps | $1,200 to win). The two classes will feature a unique format as each class will qualify first and lock in the top 16 cars into the feature rather than run heat races. Each class will then run B-Mains which will take the top eight finishers to the feature which will complete the starting grid. *The B-Mains will be based on how many cars enter into the event.
            Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Thank you GT.

I am sad to see some tracks running more than 1 support division. That makes a much longer night. Thank you to the tracks who only ran 1 support division. I know they do that to get the extra money but when you work, I skip those tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                Thank you GT.

I am sad to see some tracks running more than 1 support division. That makes a much longer night. Thank you to the tracks who only ran 1 support division. I know they do that to get the extra money but when you work, I skip those tracks.
                I like Muskingum Co. Idea of cutting out the heats for the supports but still think they'd be better off just having a single support class.

Comment

Just saw on Facebook that Larson has confirmed he will be racing Attica through Atomic on Wednesday.

Comment

The allstars take priority over these support divisions and may run there feature before the others get all the heat races in and definetly the bmains. To say your not going to go to a certain event due to support classes I don't understand since you can just leave after the allstar feature...... No support classes sucks imo and your going to be bored watching the water truck do laps instead of cars anyway between races or just listen to an announcer kill time.

Comment

I like 1 support class not several. My favorite was having the late models as the 2nd class. Been to a few where they took so long with support classes that by the time they ran the feature it was after midnight. Throw in an hour to 3 hours drive makes a late night when you get up at 5:30am.
                      Adding in the driving time makes or breaks it for me.

Comment

Sunday Waynesfield; Thursday Muskingum County; Friday Limaland; Saturday Atomic

Waynesfield show has never disappointed get there early

Comment

I’m sure it has been discussed here before, so I apologize if I’m bringing it up again. It is a shame that politics gets in the way of common sense. It is redundant for speedweek to run 2 races at Atomic instead of a natural fit of racing at Mansfield on Wednesday or Saturday. I suppose the same could be said for Fremont. Ironic that a certain series owner likes to troll the World of Outlaws over merchandise trailer rules (money), yet those tracks aren’t on the speedweek schedule. Infallible, like Sammy Swindell.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopscoach View Post
                            I’m sure it has been discussed here before, so I apologize if I’m bringing it up again. It is a shame that politics gets in the way of common sense. It is redundant for speedweek to run 2 races at Atomic instead of a natural fit of racing at Mansfield on Wednesday or Saturday. I suppose the same could be said for Fremont. Ironic that a certain series owner likes to troll the World of Outlaws over merchandise trailer rules (money), yet those tracks aren’t on the speedweek schedule. Infallible, like Sammy Swindell.
                            I don't think the blame here falls on the certain series owner. Someone may correct me if I am wrong but I believe Tony upped the sanctioning fee. Tracks like Attica, Wayne Co, Sharon, Atomic, etc. agreed to pay and therefore still host ASCoC sanctioned races. Meanwhile Fremont and Mansfield obviously felt different in negotiations and therefore no longer host ASCoC events. I'm sure these two tracks weren't dealing with anything different than the other tracks...

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

I don't think the blame here falls on the certain series owner. Someone may correct me if I am wrong but I believe Tony upped the sanctioning fee. Tracks like Attica, Wayne Co, Sharon, Atomic, etc. agreed to pay and therefore still host ASCoC sanctioned races. Meanwhile Fremont and Mansfield obviously felt different in negotiations and therefore no longer host ASCoC events. I'm sure these two tracks weren't dealing with anything different than the other tracks...
                              That’s exactly what I mean. Piss and moan about money on Twitter, then up the sanction fee for his series. Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

I heard Mansfield tried to get a show and get in speedweek but the series did not play with them, so who knows the issues involved with the politics.
                                That would be an excellent facility to have a show for the parking and the stands as it accommodates large crowds.
                                I dont like seeing the 2 shows at same track. I thought the every night a different track was great.
                                You will see a quality show with the all stars at every track unless track management screws up which we hope is not the case.
                                Everyone enjoy the track(s) you visit and stay safe during travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X