No announcement yet.

Ohio Sprint SpeedWeek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was a very good show at Eldora...now off to Waynesfield for more great racing !!!!

Comment

If you’re coming to Waynesfield tonight live dirt nerds podcast featuring interviews (tentatively) with Danny Dietrich, Lee Jacobs, Cap Henry, Brand Spithaler & Kasey Kahne among others.
      2018 Race Counter: 17
      Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Took my dad to Waynesfield for Father’s Day. First time either of us have gotten to see 360s run as their own division and they put on a hell of a show in their heat races. They have done pretty talented drivers in those ranks as well. I knew the names before but haven’t got to see them race outside of a few rare 410 starts or the challenge race at Fremont.

The all stars had a loaded field of 49 cars and the heats were fairly solid. A decent amount of locals made the feature and Chase Baker found his way into the dash. Larson led the feature early on and then reutzel took the lead just before track rubbered up. Rubber marred both features pretty badly but 90+ temps and sunny will do that unfortunately.

There red was an hour delay from the b to feature for a poor kid who fell out of stands and needed life flighted our. Praying he’s okay. Races finished at 11:30 still and was on pace to done around 10:30 if not sooner.

Plan to go back for another race there sometime. I work the night of the sprint sizzler or I’d definitely be there for that race.
        Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

He's alright...broken wrist and some stiches in his face.

Comment

This speedweek is great ..! Good field of cars and quality drivers and great competition..The all stars are stronger honestly for the first time in many years .. Not just one or two drivers trying to win the championship.. But VERY GOOD competition now .. Glad it’s back

Comment

Thank you Tony!

Comment

Thanks to all for the Speedweek reports, race by race. Hoping there will be reports for each night, for those who can’t attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post
                  Thanks to all for the Speedweek reports, race by race. Hoping there will be reports for each night, for those who can’t attend.
                  They are on SpeedShift TV as well all week for live streaming if that interests you.

Comment

wcs was awesome as usual. Larson got quick time and pulled a descent spot in the dash to get on the pole of the feature and ran away with it.

Comment

WCS did an awesome job. 2 days of temps in the 90s and they pulled it off. Track prep was efficient. Smart move with this heat of no support class. Over 50 cars you did not need it. Place was packed.
                      Oh my what a selection of talent there was.
                      I agree this has been one of the better speedweeks.
                      Jac Haud had a flat when he was running 2nd around lap 20 which was so disappointing.
                      Andrew Palker put on a great race and was closing in.
                      Chad Kemenah passed 16 cars and Ryan Smith 15.
                      Tony Stewart and Trevor Baker got together or something and Trevor took a hard flip. I was watching some other cars so did not see it. Then Gio Scelzi got into the wall and up on it. Pretty much the main incidents in feature.
                      Todd Shaffer collected the wall and got on it during Time trials.
                      Just good racing .
                      Nice to see Dean Jacobs make the feature.
                      Brad Haudenschild had a solid run.
                      Danny Mumaw broke during heats or something as the D main was scrapped due to 4 or 5 of them unable to continue.
                      The drivers did a great job putting on a show all night long.
                      Thank you Wayne County for getting us out of there at a reasonable time.

Comment

Just checked Muskingum FB.
                        Grandstands are $25 instead of $22.
                        Kids 6 - 10 are $10 under 6 is free.
                        Pits are $40
                        This track is more expensive than I thought so wanted to give a heads up.
                        Just was looking and see several tracks charging more than $22.
                        I had thought that was a set price.

Comment

Latemodels are 2k to win and mods are 1200 so I can see the $25 general admission. Sharon was $25 tonight for $600 to win rush mods as support class.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                            Just checked Muskingum FB.
                            Grandstands are $25 instead of $22.
                            Kids 6 - 10 are $10 under 6 is free.
                            Pits are $40
                            This track is more expensive than I thought so wanted to give a heads up.
                            Just was looking and see several tracks charging more than $22.
                            I had thought that was a set price.
                            It's up to the track on what they want to sell it at. Eldora does $20 for all star shows, most tracks do $22, and Sharon, Musk Co and Mansfield do $25 usually.

Comment

Just curious : Why doesn’t Mansfield have a Speedweek race, instead of Atomic hosting two, or Muskingum ( a non Sprint Car track ) hosting one ? Mansfield’s business plan is of a special events only format, and a Speedweek race is arguably a special event. Not trying to stir it up here, just a legitimate question. Only the track and ASCOC management know the answer, but it might be interesting to speculate in this forum .

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                                Just curious : Why doesn’t Mansfield have a Speedweek race, instead of Atomic hosting two, or Muskingum ( a non Sprint Car track ) hosting one ? Mansfield’s business plan is of a special events only format, and a Speedweek race is arguably a special event. Not trying to stir it up here, just a legitimate question. Only the track and ASCOC management know the answer, but it might be interesting to speculate in this forum .
                                I wondered the same thing. Probably a money issue between the All Stars (Stewart) and Mansfield.
                                Last edited by hoopscoach; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X