Ohio Sprint SpeedWeek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoopscoach View Post
    I wondered the same thing. Probably a money issue between the All Stars (Stewart) and Mansfield.
    I don't have any inside information but remember that the original schedule had the Ohio Speedweek Finale at Millstream. Helms was promoting it and when he couldn't work out a deal at Millstream he brought the show to Atomic and he is the promoter. Mansfield wasn't in it from the beginning and who knows what the deal is there. They may get a date next year or maybe never. The relationship between Cody and Tony will probably tell the story. That's just my opinion.

Comment

Yea with Mansfield putting on higher paying shows then Tony Stewart owned Eldora I could see that being a point of interest for Stewart to not help Mansfield become the biggest race hosting track in Ohio if not everywhere. The allstars only get the sanctioning fee money from the track correct? It probably doesn't matter to them which tracks get the dates as long as the drivers are happy.These tracks really are cashing in on the speedweek shows. To get that kind of car count and fan base for a 5k to win event is very track profitable and probably helps them stay open for weekly racing.

Comment

Muskingun been on speed week long as can remember

Comment

With muskinghum cancelling tonight and with limaland reputation and the forecast speedweek may be over unless atomic can withstand a lot of rain and the weather changes for them Saturday. Looks like the only show for tonight is the opening night of the firecracker at lernerville. Guess ill be heading there since I already took off work.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
            With muskinghum cancelling tonight and with limaland reputation and the forecast speedweek may be over unless atomic can withstand a lot of rain and the weather changes for them Saturday. Looks like the only show for tonight is the opening night of the firecracker at lernerville. Guess ill be heading there since I already took off work.
            Ya might not be wrong on that at all. Hope atomic at least get There’s in. Little hope for lima
            2018 Race Counter: 17
            Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Did any Pitgaters attend the event at Sharon ? Would be interested in reading your observations.

Comment

I went to Sharon and it was the best that place has ever been for any show. Track was good and multiple grooves. Danny Dietrich looked like he hit a nitrous button at the start of the dash. Feature he came up short to Bell and Larson but who doesn't. Rumor has it they added some banking in the offseason which helps the 410s. In qualifying everyone was on the very bottom and feature time you could ride the wall. Im curious to see the lucas oil show on Monday the 2nd of july.

Comment

How about Paul McMahan picking up the $3k check as the speedweek champ? Him and the buch 13 team have been rolling lately
                  Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Watched him in Cali way before he moved east, never seen him bad. Possibly an underwhelming ride sometimes. Besides his commitments for those few races he miss I am sure he would lead points, not lately..always. Larson might have won speedweek if Atomic got the first one in, who knows. Both awesome drivers.
                    2018 Race Count 12 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (6) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo777 View Post
                      Watched him in Cali way before he moved east, never seen him bad. Possibly an underwhelming ride sometimes. Besides his commitments for those few races he miss I am sure he would lead points, not lately..always. Larson might have won speedweek if Atomic got the first one in, who knows. Both awesome drivers.
                      All Stars said that drivers had to attend all races in the same car in order to be elgible for the speedweek points championship. So Larson, Stewart, and Cap Henry were inelgible for the points fund. McMahan's team is leading in owner points with sebetto's three races so if McMahan did as well as Sebetto had during that stretch, which I think he probably could have equaled, he would be leading drivers points as well.

Comment

Yup, its been discussed. I stand by what I said
                        2018 Race Count 12 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (6) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Working...
                        X