ASCOC @ Attica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASCOC @ Attica

I'm considering striking another track off of my bucket list. Having never been to Attica and hearing so many great things about the place I just might hit the ASCOC Speedweek show. I have a few questions that I'm sure numerous folks could answer. The gates open at 4:00 PM and I would plan on being there by then. Can you purchase a ticket and go in and put some seat savers down and go back out again? Also, where would be a good place to sit? Are there any bad places to sit that I might want to avoid? Is there only bleacher seating or can you bring a lawn chair in and sit somewhere in a grassy area? Can you bring a cooler in? Any certain place to park without being stuck in traffic for an hour or more? Thanks for any info.

Def, put seats down and can leave, they stamp your hand. All bleacher seats. No stadium charis with backs on them for big shows. I sit near flagstand, but I havent heard of any bad seat areas. Coolers are permitted, they check them. Parking , I have never had more than 15 minutes leaving. I go left instead of right, avoid traffic. Awesome staff, awesome track. You will have fun.
    2018 Race Count : Mansfield ( 2 ) , Lawrenceburg ( 1 ) , Attica ( 5 )

Comment

Great track! I always sit just past the flagstand on front stretch. You can put down blankets, etc but you're not SUPPOSED to tape them down all though people do all the time. It's a fantastic track and a great event. Bummed I'm training on third shift friday and can't make it
      2018 Race Counter: 13
      Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Play the wind my best advice. Ends of either bleacher probably worst spots and their still good. Playing wind is so you don't take dust bath if blowing off corner. Wind outta east your gonna get dust no matter what. I prefer entrance of 1 and crowd lively usually with good view of finish. Just off turn 4 great as well and other spot I'll sit. Foods not bad and main concession located behind turn 1 stands. Main restrooms at end of turn 1 bleacher.

Comment

Do not exceed 25mph on Lemon St. between SR4 the RR tracks. Its a speed trap. Attica police are waiting to give speeding tickets to fans and racers. Don't let the deputy sheriffs see you take a beer OUT the front gate. Even an unopened beer will cause them to chase you. Remember these two don'ts and you will have a great time.

Comment

you can tape blankets,tarps ,sheets,or whatever you can't use just tape to save your spot...most the prime spots are probably already gone as you can go in any time during the week or save them at the end of the previous week. as for parking you can park inside the gate behind the main grandstand and if your getting there as gates open should be plenty of parking there...it does make it a bit quicker parking there as your in your car and leaving while most are still walking to their cars.

Comment

Stay for the late models, catch a usually quality feature with roughly 6 different cars that could win and not worry about traffic when leave. 2 classes 1 event you mm be heading home 1030pm probably if not sooner and that's complete show

Comment

Thanks to all for the information. Unfortunately we won't be coming over for the race. A very close friend died unexpectedly and we need to be with them at this time.

Comment

Sorry to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                    Sorry to hear
                    Thanks Jim. It seems every time I'm thinking about going to Attica, something else comes up and we don't make it. This time was a real shock and I'm going to have to try another time to make it over. Enjoy the show and hope for great weather and exciting racing.

Comment

Working...
                    X