Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edge View Post
    Please bring back the All stars and outlaws
    Need to write and send a note via U.S. Mail to Tony Stewart, as he dropped the track. I can see that he would have been upset, but not to the extent that he has taken it out on a lot of people who didn’t have anything to do with the problem, ( like race fans, teams, the Fair Board, etc ) nor for his retribution to last this long. I was hoping it was temporary, but now looking like a lifetime ban. Until there is a public outcry, probably not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge View Post
      Please bring back the All stars and outlaws
      Why? The Attica and Fremont 410's are a very strong group of cars. The All Stars need them more than they need the All Stars. Pennsylvania speedweek is comming up soon. Unsanctioned.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
        Why? The Attica and Fremont 410's are a very strong group of cars. The All Stars need them more than they need the All Stars. Pennsylvania speedweek is comming up soon. Unsanctioned.
        I disagree. Ive talked to several people at speedweek that haven't been to Fremont for several years because they no longer have the All Stars. Perfect example is the Jim Ford Classic, it's fallen off the map since the All Stars dropped them.

The All Stars and Fremont are better off with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
          Why do you think others don't want to see the World of Outlaws and All-Stars? Its fine you prefer local racing but the WoO and ASCoC are the best sprint car drivers in the world. If you think ASCoC needs Fremont more than Fremont needs ASCoC then you are flat out in denial. This year may arguably be the strongest the ASCoC has ever been regarding car counts and competition.

Comment

I like Fremont especially since it’s been resurfaced but if next years all star are anywhere near as strong as this years they really should bring them back. I think both sides need to get over their mutual distaste for each other personally.

On another note hopefully the Outlaws race more than once in Ohio at tracks not named eldora next year.
            2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
              I like Fremont especially since it’s been resurfaced but if next years all star are anywhere near as strong as this years they really should bring them back. I think both sides need to get over their mutual distaste for each other personally.

On another note hopefully the Outlaws race more than once in Ohio at tracks not named eldora next year.
              Agreed. Attica is deserving of a 2nd show (hopefully on a weekend) and if that doesn't happen I'd hope Wayne Co gets a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post

Need to write and send a note via U.S. Mail to Tony Stewart, as he dropped the track. I can see that he would have been upset, but not to the extent that he has taken it out on a lot of people who didn’t have anything to do with the problem, ( like race fans, teams, the Fair Board, etc ) nor for his retribution to last this long. I was hoping it was temporary, but now looking like a lifetime ban. Until there is a public outcry, probably not going to happen.
                Someone has you and others buffalo-ed
                2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

Why do you think others don't want to see the World of Outlaws and All-Stars? Its fine you prefer local racing but the WoO and ASCoC are the best sprint car drivers in the world. If you think ASCoC needs Fremont more than Fremont needs ASCoC then you are flat out in denial. This year may arguably be the strongest the ASCoC has ever been regarding car counts and competition.
                  At ARP on Friday, I noticed it was almost a completely different crowd from a regular show and many fans didn't stay for the latemodel feature. Why were they in such a rush to get back to their Winnebagos? Why do they hate latemodels? After yet another weekend off, ARP and Fremont will return with a pair of great races on the last weekend of June. This weekend I'm considering an overpriced chance to see the best drag racers in the world at Norwalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Racechasser View Post

Someone has you and others buffalo-ed
                    No. Factual. I don’t report fake news. I stand by my remarks and would place a high stakes wager on it.

Comment

I know a dominant sprint board but y'all do realize where LM's came from at Attica right? They started as street stocks, evolved to limited lates, then full blown LM. I hope Fremont sticks to plan. How awesome would that be to have full field of same cars at 2 tracks within 20 miles each other in 3 divisions?? Been lil while since that way. So many are quick to discount anything without a wing but affordable entry level racing IS needed! I can think of handful drivers in trucks for example that spent or spending money in top tier divisions. That's where they started. Same goes for the old defunct limited lates. A track can not survive on 2 primary divisions only or an all sprint car (winged or without) for very long. You have to have starter divisions for cheap payout, back gate money and way for folks to get feet wet, and obviously I'm not saying there's any comparison between any division of how they work or drive or handle. Attica has truthfully become a big money track. 2 headlines & 305 are anything but pocket change cheap. Think of the big picture and racing you enjoy 20yrs from now, where will it be??

Comment

I think that is why the mini stocks 4 cylinders are popular at WCS.
                        I thought LM at Attica came about because of the Bores family racing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post

No. Factual. I don’t report fake news. I stand by my remarks and would place a high stakes wager on it.
                          Go ahead it's your money
                          2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

John ran limited lates which was there before he got track. They just evolved over the years.

Comment

Ok didnt know that he had ran limited lates. I just remember the late models

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                                I know a dominant sprint board but y'all do realize where LM's came from at Attica right? They started as street stocks, evolved to limited lates, then full blown LM. I hope Fremont sticks to plan. How awesome would that be to have full field of same cars at 2 tracks within 20 miles each other in 3 divisions?? Been lil while since that way. So many are quick to discount anything without a wing but affordable entry level racing IS needed! I can think of handful drivers in trucks for example that spent or spending money in top tier divisions. That's where they started. Same goes for the old defunct limited lates. A track can not survive on 2 primary divisions only or an all sprint car (winged or without) for very long. You have to have starter divisions for cheap payout, back gate money and way for folks to get feet wet, and obviously I'm not saying there's any comparison between any division of how they work or drive or handle. Attica has truthfully become a big money track. 2 headlines & 305 are anything but pocket change cheap. Think of the big picture and racing you enjoy 20yrs from now, where will it be??
                                I think that would be great if it weren't for Oakshade being less than an hour away from Fremont with an already established late model crowd and late model drivers. Most if not all of the Attica late model drivers are from either Oakshade area or Mansfield/Wooster area where Wayne County is. I've supported them giving the limited lates a shot but this is the same old song and dance that Wayne County had with them. If you look at Portsmouth their Limited Lates struggles to get 15 cars a night too. For whatever reason, drivers don't really support the crate late style divisions in Ohio. It may work in the south but there just isn't enough drivers that are interested in running them here.

Plus the Dirt trucks are an excellent cheap feeder and fun division too. I wouldn't mind getting one of those. Hell they only pay $200 less to win than the 305's on a regular show and with Valenti running SOD that gives the other drivers a shot.
                                2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Working...
                                X