Racing in 2038

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing in 2038

A poster in another thread asked what racing will be like in 20 years. Here's what I think the racing of the future might be. Race cars will be autominous. Driving race cars will be banned by the government for being too dangerous. Fans watching on electronic devices will greatly out number the fans who attend races in person. When teleportation is perfected, which is many years from now, auto racing will cease to exist.

You've got way too much time on hands to think. Must work by self lol

Comment

coming home from the firecracker I thought I had too much to drink but this thread I feel like I need to smoke a doobie. lol.

Comment

They still call it that or is it only us "old" guys hahaha

Comment

Running for the same purse as 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
            You've got way too much time on hands to think. Must work by self lol
            I believe it was Bob Dylan who said, " Each day a wealthy man does what ever he pleases with his time."

Comment

Unfortunately I ain't rich but when by yourself all night driving you get plenty of thinking time

Comment

Unless the pendulum starts to swing back the other way and manliness comes back around, I don't think auto racing or car culture will be around much in 20 years. I hope I am wrong.
                Read the book 'In 50 Years We'll All Be Chicks' by Adam Carolla sometime.

Comment

Most viewers won’t agree with this, but I believe there will be about 25 % fewer tracks in operation and operating on a full time basis. In the more expensive classes of cars, the fields will be much smaller. Because of the latter, I think tracks will be running 5 to 6 classes each night, with 12-16 cars per class. Most of the major events, however, will still do well. It will be the “ weekly “ tracks and events that will see a decline for various reasons, with the larger factors being a general decline in fan interest ( including not enough younger adults becoming interested ), and for racers, the overall cost of racing, stagnant purse structures, etc. So, racing will still be in existence, but just not the same as we currently know it.

Comment

Something i thought of yesterday that i think needs to happen as early as next year or if not in the next 10 is during speedweek why not have a back up track incase one cancels? I get in the old days everything was by radio promotion and maybe a billboard but today its mostly all done on internet and even more so social media. This week we had 50 sprint cars just hanging out for 2 days while there was scattered storms in certain parts of ohio raining out the only scheduled 410 show in the state. I think were to the point the allstars can have a alternate track in place and get the word out on social media to run a successful event where the weather is better. Like muskinghum cancelled at 10am-11am. If you had a alternate site scheduled thats plenty of time to travel, get the word out, etc... I know the preparation for a track and they couuld see the forecast ahead of time and plan accordingly. Most schedule races on the weekends without 410s during speedweek so its not like they arent working on the track and watering it anyway.Maybe theres something else im not seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                      Something i thought of yesterday that i think needs to happen as early as next year or if not in the next 10 is during speedweek why not have a back up track incase one cancels? I get in the old days everything was by radio promotion and maybe a billboard but today its mostly all done on internet and even more so social media. This week we had 50 sprint cars just hanging out for 2 days while there was scattered storms in certain parts of ohio raining out the only scheduled 410 show in the state. I think were to the point the allstars can have a alternate track in place and get the word out on social media to run a successful event where the weather is better. Like muskinghum cancelled at 10am-11am. If you had a alternate site scheduled thats plenty of time to travel, get the word out, etc... I know the preparation for a track and they couuld see the forecast ahead of time and plan accordingly. Most schedule races on the weekends without 410s during speedweek so its not like they arent working on the track and watering it anyway.Maybe theres something else im not seeing?
                      I don’t know how well that’d work with sanctioning fees and logistics and what not. Say for instance how we had muskingum rain out very early and the backup track was we’ll say Mansfield and the teams had to haul to two tracks potentially in one day. I dont think it’s logistically feasible although I really do like the idea.

In another question, what’s your dream Ohio speedweek schedule? 9 days as many races as you want during that time. Mine would be:
                      Fri: Attica
                      Sat: Fremont
                      Sun:Waynesfield
                      Mon: Limaland
                      Tues: Eldora
                      Weds: Atomic
                      Thurs: Musk Co/35 Raceway If safety improved
                      Fri: Wayne Co
                      Sat: Mansfield $20k
                      2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

Working...