• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
    I'd be surprised if any of the 4 tracks get over 22 actual 410's

All of them got 22 or more 🤷🏻*♂️
    2018 Race Counter: 24
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

110 sprint cars at 4 tracks.
      A healthy count.

Comment

Going to go to Mansfield Today. Stocking up on ice and water to go.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
          Going to go to Mansfield Today. Stocking up on ice and water to go.
          Yep gonna be a hot one but should be a good race. Looking forward to seeing the mods at Mansfield too.
          Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Mods not what I expected. I thought more high caliber cars would be there like Strickler. The 8 of Kyle Strickler who is a gateway dirt car showed up so Im guessing he showed up for the promoter. This car has big connections seeing the pr out on it. Been to races that are the typical local type mods and then you have unlimited money car like Strickler show up and just doesnt seem like a race. Just seen several shows like that where they did a big $ show and he pops up. Nothing against him just hate seeing the regular series guys lose out the big $ shows.
            I mentioned to friends there was your winner and they were like how. Well he already outspent them for the best.
            They did a good job getting thru the feature without too many cautions.
            My experience has been with mods that 15 minutes and one lap in type racing. So they got points for running the feature as quickly as it went.
            But Ill not come back for their 2 day race as they are stand alone. Guess Im not down south enough to get into mods where they seem to have a huge following.
            Lucas Oil had a good turnout of names. Surprised not more locals. Seemed all the locals came out of WCS to support the race.

Comment

Mods not what I expected. I thought more high caliber cars would be there like Strickler. The 8 of Kyle Strickler who is a gateway dirt car showed up so Im guessing he showed up for the promoter. This car has big connections seeing the pr out on it. Been to races that are the typical local type mods and then you have unlimited money car like Strickler show up and just doesnt seem like a race. Just seen several shows like that where they did a big $ show and he pops up. Nothing against him just hate seeing the regular series guys lose out the big $ shows.
              I mentioned to friends there was your winner and they were like how. Well he already outspent them for the best.
              They did a good job getting thru the feature without too many cautions.
              My experience has been with mods that 15 minutes and one lap in type racing. So they got points for running the feature as quickly as it went.
              But Ill not come back for their 2 day race as they are stand alone. Guess Im not down south enough to get into mods where they seem to have a huge following.
              Lucas Oil had a good turnout of names. Surprised not more locals. Seemed all the locals came out of WCS to support the race.
              More locals weren't there because our perennial top dogs didn't even make the feature... If you can't beat Drown or Markham at a local show you'd be hard pressed to go run a lucas oil event unless you're doing it for fun.

Comment

There are several who just go for the chance and know they are not making the show but want that experience. Drown missed by a spot to transfer. He got a flat. Nice to see them come out. People were surprised that Moore made it.

Comment

There are several who just go for the chance and know they are not making the show but want that experience. Drown missed by a spot to transfer. He got a flat. Nice to see them come out. People were surprised that Moore made it.
                  Out of the locals to make it he wasn’t my first pick. He’s good and has some wins but still.

I was just explaining why a few of the guys don’t go. I’m sure there are some to that probably had to work Monday morning too.

Comment

Yes he was not who I thought would make it.

I think the being run on Sunday night kept cars away in both divisions.

One of the guys who ran was in to running with the big guys.

Comment

Tires biggest reason locals didn't go. As for mods, they had big show in West Virginia fri-sat and that's why you seen stremme, strickler etc show up.

Comment

Kyle Moore making the show was no surprise at all. If you have seen him race the last 4-5 years you would know it doesn't matter what he's in. Kyle won over $17,000 in a stock car last year. He has won races at 3 different tracks this yearning his late model. As for the mods it doesn't matter who shows up if Strickler is there he's going to be tough to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
                          Kyle Moore making the show was no surprise at all. If you have seen him race the last 4-5 years you would know it doesn't matter what he's in. Kyle won over $17,000 in a stock car last year. He has won races at 3 different tracks this yearning his late model. As for the mods it doesn't matter who shows up if Strickler is there he's going to be tough to beat.
                          I’ve seen him race. He dominated stocks and has always been in the good group when I’ve seen him in a late model. Just surprised he made it over some other locals.

Comment

Driving talent wise he's as good as Drown, Markham, Gentry, Irey, McLaughlin, or Conley. I wasn't surprised at all. Earlier this year at Attica he was the fastest car there and got caught up in someone else's wreck racing while running in the top 3.

Comment

muskinghum was a sell out crowd tonight. definetly made money hand over fist. #22 of satterlee won the latemodels. good show and moved along quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X