Skyline Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline Speedway

Skyline Speedway in Athens, Ohio will be reopening under the direction of Steve Curtis who has leased the track again for the remainder of the 2018 season. Curtis has leased and promoted the track from the end of the 2016 season and has thusfar in his tenure of promotion rid of the OVSCA Sprints who used to have Skyline as a home track. The track has not been ran this season Prior to Curtis leasing it. Last year he ran Late Models, Modfiieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts and Wedges. Tyler Carpenter was the 2017 AMRA Late Model Champion. Kyle Bond was the 2017 Modified Champion. James Dennis was the 2017 Sport Mod Champion and Tom Adkins was the Compact champion.

Good to see another track resurfacing in Southern Ohio. Hopefully they can all keep each other going and find their niche. Seems like the tracks struggle down in that region a bit more, likely due to the economy never recovering in Southeastern Ohio and West Virginia. The first events are expected to take place in late July and run through October.
    2018 Race Counter: 17
    Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

wish there was an allstar race here, only went once and was racy. I would drive almost 2 hours to see a bigger show.
    2018 Race Count 12 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (6) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Skyline used to end their season with the Harvest 50. I want to say it was $5000 to win for latemodels. Maybe Skyline will end this season with a bigger event like the Harvest 50. Tyler & Freddie Carpenter racing on Skyline's red clay is worth driving 2 hours to see.
      Last edited by racemak; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
        Skyline used to end their season with the Harvest 50. I want to say it was $5000 to win for latemodels. Maybe Skyline will end this season with a bigger event like the Harvest 50. Tyler & Freddie Carpenter racing on Skyline's red clay is worth driving 2 hours to see.
        I think they ran it last year if I recall correctly unless it got rained out.
        2018 Race Counter: 17
        Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

I have known Steve my entire life and I am old, so he is really old! He is a great dude and would encourage folks to support Skyline. NO I do not work for Steve and no I have no vested interest in the track. I just know Steve and he is a great guy.

Comment

Working...
          X