Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track for sale

McCuthenville Speedway is now taking offers. Heard asking price is $150k

I've heard many stories about McCutchenville Speedway.
    There used to be lots of pictures on the web of it.
    Interesting if someone reopened it.

Comment

Slim to none chance of that happening.
      https://www.realestate.com/560-count...44--2090305240

Some good pics of it currently. Started at $205k in April and since has dropped to $169k for 32acres. It'll make a nice addition to the campgrounds out back
      Last edited by Jim11h; June 28th, 2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Attica, Lima, Fremont, and Waynesfield are all close enough that it would be tough to make it work for weekly racing even if it was to be rebuilt/reopened. I honestly don’t see anything there worth $169k. How about someone else getting Millstream instead?

Comment

It was never profitable when it was open. Several promoters. One of the owners was a nice older gentleman ( I think his name was Joe Kulscar ) who tried hard, but sadly squandered his life savings trying to make a go of it. At one point years ago ( 1980’s ) it was scheduled to reopen under yet another new name, and a target date was even set, but it never happened. So, this one will remain in memory only, like Bryan, New Bremen, Dayton, Tri County in Westchester ( north of Cincinnati ) Cloverleaf, Expo Speedway, Sportsman's Park ( Bedford, Oh ), Columbus Motor Speedway, and 2 or 3 others in the southern part of the state whose names escape me. An Ohio Speedweek event was once held at McCutchenville. There was a long rain delay and the event was run in the middle of the night / early morning.

Comment

Looks like it’d be good land to hunt or camp but doubt there’s a chance it will ever be a track again.
            2018 Race Counter: 22
            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Joe went by Speedway Joe and was active in his later years at Wayne County Speedway when it was Buckeye Speedway. This was 80s and 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                Joe went by Speedway Joe and was active in his later years at Wayne County Speedway when it was Buckeye Speedway. This was 80s and 90s.
                Correct. Thanks for remembering old Joe. When he was at McCutch, he used to host an annual race there in honor of his dog. There also used to be a Tiffin Motor Speedway, somewhere off of or near Route 224, but I was maybe alive then but not a race fan yet, so I was never there. Attica used to race cars on the horse track many decades before the 1/3 mile was built in 1988.

Comment

A little too high for my current budget. The 169k for the land isn't too bad, but factor in you would have to buy/build a new grandstand, make new buildings, new lighting, new clay, plus equipment. By the time it is all said and done it would have probably been easier/cheaper/more affordable to try to buy a current running track from a current owner

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                    Looks like it’d be good land to hunt or camp but doubt there’s a chance it will ever be a track again.
                    Have taken a few rabbits from there.Friends parents use to live in the house down the lane and we hunted there a few times and road atvs in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                      Correct. Thanks for remembering old Joe. When he was at McCutch, he used to host an annual race there in honor of his dog. There also used to be a Tiffin Motor Speedway, somewhere off of or near Route 224, but I was maybe alive then but not a race fan yet, so I was never there. Attica used to race cars on the horse track many decades before the 1/3 mile was built in 1988.
                      Tiffin speedway from what I'm told was north of state hospital (Tiffin developmental) and east of the old goofy golf putt putt place. Know gentleman who attended there and races all over. If anyone ever wanted to know local race tracks and write book this guy would be a good start. Not sure his age but he still goes and has season pass to Attica. For life of me can't think of his name atm either.

Comment

Was at the campgrounds 2 weeks ago those pictures are old you can't hardly even see the buildings or grandstand it has really gone back to mother nature the pits are now full of trees and bushes. May she rest in peace never to be a racetrack again.

Comment

Rumor at barber was campground put bid in and he's the only one so far. I haven't seen Steve to ask. You are correct that it's done though. Guy couldn't bought Lakeville in far better shape and room for overall less in end

Comment

Working...
                          X