Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Outlook 7/6-7/8

Weekend Highlights
    -The weekend preluding the Brad Doty Classic means that ARP isn't hosting the 410's on Friday. In their absence, Jackson Co hosts 1 of the 2 OVSCA sanctioned Sprint races this weekend. Friday at Jackson Co kicks off a "double down" weekend for the OVSCA. This marks the first return of 410 sprints at Jackson Co since it's reopening. The show will pay $1500 to win. Saturday at Atomic is the second of the two OVSCA shows and includes part-OVSCA owner Randy Fink's final race. Dave Dickson currently leads the points, with Jason Dolick in 2nd and rookie of the year contender Andy Fike in 3rd.

-The All Star Circuit of Champion presented by mobil 1 continue their tour with the Lou Blaney Memorial at Sharon Speedway. Sharon has proved to be one of the oddball tracks in recent years, with some great finishes by competitors who usually don't run up front. Will we see a series favorite like Reutzel, Macedo, McMahan, or Kemenah pull off the victory? Or will one of the local competitors such as Jack Sodeman, George Hobaugh, or Sye Lynch pull off a stunning upset? There is only one way to find out...

-The BOSS Non Wing sprints headline the Dick Spencer Memorial at Waynesfield Raceway Park on Saturday July 7th. The $1500 to win Non Wing event is the first of two BOSS sanctioned events at the 1/3 mile, with the Second being the Jack Hewitt Classic in August. A $700 to win mini sprint show also adds to the excitement on the program.

-Wayne Co Speedway is hosting their mid season championship with double points on the line. Headlined by a $2k to win 410 Sprints program and $1 Busch Light ALL NIGHT LONG, the fast four program also featuring Super Late Models, Super Stocks, and Mini Stocks proves to be an entertaining evening. The points battle is heating up as well, with Danny Mumaw leading the 410 sprints and Jordan Ryan back 8 marks. 24 points back from the leader is third place Trey Jacobs, with Tyler Dunn and Brad Haudenschild rounding out the top 5. Among the Late Model division, Ontario Ohio's Cody Scott currently holds a 6 point lead of multiple time track champion Flyin' Ryan Markham. JR Gentray, Brad Malcuit, and DJ Miller round out the top 5 in the Late Models.

-Crown Battery Night features an always exciting event at Fremont Speedway. Featuring the FAST 410 Sprints, FAST 305 Sprints, Dirt Trucks, and Limited Late Models, Crown Battery Night always offers some extra cash and some extra racing for the fans and racers. One highlight of the Evening is the $1k to win Alex Burkitt Pursuit race. The 6 fastest qualifiers who transfer through the heat make the pursuit race. The way it works, is any driver who gets passed is eliminated from the race and the race is 8 laps long OR until no drivers remain. In addition to this, "each heat race for both the 410 and 305 sprints will pay $250 to the winner; $150 for second; and $100 for third place. The winner of the 305 A-main will also walk away with $1,000 with second taking home $500; and third place $300" for the special night. For me this has always been one of the more entertaining nights at Fremont throughout the season.

My Weekend Plans
    - I won't be doing much of anything this weekend. I work both Friday and Saturday night covering another coworker's weekend. Plus to this though, is I have two weekends off in a row afterwards since we traded weekends. The next couple weekends have some BIG races and I already have tickets to my first Brad Doty Classic.
    • July 6th
      • Attica Raceway Park – Att/WCS Late Models, FAST 305 Sprints, Trucks
      • Jackson Co. Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Enduro
      • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models (no supports listed)
      • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
      • 250 Speedway – Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts, Wedges
    • July 7th
      • Atomic Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
      • Deerfield Speedway – Jr. Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Modlites, 600 Micros, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
      • Fremont Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks, Crate Late Models
      • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts, VARC Vintage
      • Sharon Speedway – ASCoC Sprints, Big Block Modifieds
      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – BOSS Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Compacts
      • Wayne County Speedway – 410 Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
      • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
    • July 8th
      • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Enduro (Final race before closing)

2018 Race Counter: 22
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Looks like some nice selections this weekend. I’m planning on Fremont on Saturday, which is the only day this weekend or next week I can attend a race, due to other hobbies. Temps are forecasted to be 80 or less in NW Ohio for a few days beginning Friday, so a good time to be outdoors without suffering.

Comment

I'll be part of what I expext to be a small crowd at Attica tonight. Fremont or Oakshade on Saturday. The heat wave is over. Let's go racing!

Comment

We can hope a break in the heat helps race attendance at the tracks.
        I will support Wayne County Saturday night with their Fast Four Series. They have not had many races this year and the crowd on regular nights was down due to weather so want to see them with more good nights. I like their 4 class format that they keep the show moving. Sprints and Late Models both is a huge plus. Street stock class puts on a good race. The mini stocks even with high car counts have been running quick races.
        I like the facility as it keeps being improved yearly with reasonable prices and the staff is always friendly and helpful. They truly have made it back into a family track where I am not afraid to take seniors.

Comment

Would also like to mention the BOSS are running at Route 44 Indiana today too. They’ve always gotten a good car count. It’s a fun lil track down there. Even on a regular show
          Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Just got a text from WCS
            Grandstands are $15 this Saturday but if you show them the text you get in for $12.
            I signed up by texting
            WCSFAN to 51660.
            It is a good idea plus they send you updates.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
              Just got a text from WCS
              Grandstands are $15 this Saturday but if you show them the text you get in for $12.
              I signed up by texting
              WCSFAN to 51660.
              It is a good idea plus they send you updates.
              I’m signed up as well but thought it off that it was $15 this week for a regular show. Usually it’s $12 on those nights.

Comment

Its is the WCS Attica Late Model Challenge
                Then specials for the super stocks and mini stocks.
                The Challenge it is always 15 as the payoffs are higher.
                I see the 15 is regular price at other tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                  Its is the WCS Attica Late Model Challenge
                  Then specials for the super stocks and mini stocks.
                  The Challenge it is always 15 as the payoffs are higher.
                  I see the 15 is regular price at other tracks.
                  $15 is the norm now at most, WCS has been cheaper though typically. The specials for the stock classes are probably the reason for the small ticket jump then. It's 15 for the OSCS, OVSCA shows too.

Comment

I’ve gotta say I’ve been impressed with Dustin Stroup this year. I thought that Mansfield won last year was kind of a fluke at first but since then he’s been a damn competitive car every time he’s been out. Must be the number change I suppose.

Another guy who’s really impressed lately is Tyler Street. He’s bound for a win eventually. Has been running up front back half of last year and almost all of this year.

Comment

That was a hell of a race!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtRacefan View Post
                        That was a hell of a race!
                        I was working so didn’t see it just saw result. What happened

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                          Weekend Highlights
                          -The weekend preluding the Brad Doty Classic means that ARP isn't hosting the 410's on Friday. In their absence, Jackson Co hosts 1 of the 2 OVSCA sanctioned Sprint races this weekend. Friday at Jackson Co kicks off a "double down" weekend for the OVSCA. This marks the first return of 410 sprints at Jackson Co since it's reopening. The show will pay $1500 to win. Saturday at Atomic is the second of the two OVSCA shows and includes part-OVSCA owner Randy Fink's final race. Dave Dickson currently leads the points, with Jason Dolick in 2nd and rookie of the year contender Andy Fike in 3rd.

-The All Star Circuit of Champion presented by mobil 1 continue their tour with the Lou Blaney Memorial at Sharon Speedway. Sharon has proved to be one of the oddball tracks in recent years, with some great finishes by competitors who usually don't run up front. Will we see a series favorite like Reutzel, Macedo, McMahan, or Kemenah pull off the victory? Or will one of the local competitors such as Jack Sodeman, George Hobaugh, or Sye Lynch pull off a stunning upset? There is only one way to find out...

-The BOSS Non Wing sprints headline the Dick Spencer Memorial at Waynesfield Raceway Park on Saturday July 7th. The $1500 to win Non Wing event is the first of two BOSS sanctioned events at the 1/3 mile, with the Second being the Jack Hewitt Classic in August. A $700 to win mini sprint show also adds to the excitement on the program.

-Wayne Co Speedway is hosting their mid season championship with double points on the line. Headlined by a $2k to win 410 Sprints program and $1 Busch Light ALL NIGHT LONG, the fast four program also featuring Super Late Models, Super Stocks, and Mini Stocks proves to be an entertaining evening. The points battle is heating up as well, with Danny Mumaw leading the 410 sprints and Jordan Ryan back 8 marks. 24 points back from the leader is third place Trey Jacobs, with Tyler Dunn and Brad Haudenschild rounding out the top 5. Among the Late Model division, Ontario Ohio's Cody Scott currently holds a 6 point lead of multiple time track champion Flyin' Ryan Markham. JR Gentray, Brad Malcuit, and DJ Miller round out the top 5 in the Late Models.

-Crown Battery Night features an always exciting event at Fremont Speedway. Featuring the FAST 410 Sprints, FAST 305 Sprints, Dirt Trucks, and Limited Late Models, Crown Battery Night always offers some extra cash and some extra racing for the fans and racers. One highlight of the Evening is the $1k to win Alex Burkitt Pursuit race. The 6 fastest qualifiers who transfer through the heat make the pursuit race. The way it works, is any driver who gets passed is eliminated from the race and the race is 8 laps long OR until no drivers remain. In addition to this, "each heat race for both the 410 and 305 sprints will pay $250 to the winner; $150 for second; and $100 for third place. The winner of the 305 A-main will also walk away with $1,000 with second taking home $500; and third place $300" for the special night. For me this has always been one of the more entertaining nights at Fremont throughout the season.

My Weekend Plans
                          - I won't be doing much of anything this weekend. I work both Friday and Saturday night covering another coworker's weekend. Plus to this though, is I have two weekends off in a row afterwards since we traded weekends. The next couple weekends have some BIG races and I already have tickets to my first Brad Doty Classic.
                          • July 6th
                            • Attica Raceway Park – Att/WCS Late Models, FAST 305 Sprints, Trucks
                            • Jackson Co. Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Enduro
                            • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models (no supports listed)
                            • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
                            • 250 Speedway – Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts, Wedges
                          • July 7th
                            • Atomic Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
                            • Deerfield Speedway – Jr. Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Modlites, 600 Micros, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
                            • Fremont Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks, Crate Late Models
                            • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts, VARC Vintage
                            • Sharon Speedway – ASCoC Sprints, Big Block Modifieds
                            • Waynesfield Raceway Park – BOSS Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Compacts
                            • Wayne County Speedway – 410 Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
                            • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
                          • July 8th
                            • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Enduro (Final race before closing)
                          Hobaugh nearly pulled it off Saturday night, even led a lap mid race.

Comment

I thought that when I saw he got second. Can’t believe how well he did I didn’t expect him to be in top 5 honestly. Top 10 yes but not that high.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                              I thought that when I saw he got second. Can’t believe how well he did I didn’t expect him to be in top 5 honestly. Top 10 yes but not that high.
                              George is a family friend, let me tell you, nobody expected that. He may not admit it, but he seemed genuinely surprised too lol

Comment

Working...
                              X