No announcement yet.

Brad Doty Classic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WoO officials take care of their own as it is very big business for them and they have to keep their guys upfront. I was told this a few years back by a WoO official and was told the venue was entertainment.

Comment

The locals don’t have money motors to qualify with the WoO. Plain and simple. They all charged In heats to barely miss feature but were relegated to c main bc consis lined up I. Time. Using qualifying time to line up consis is the dumbest thing I’ve seen.
      2019 Race Counter: 0

Comment

yes lining up the consi by time screws a lot of drivers.
        They do it that way so if a member screws up early, they get to start front roll and transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
          The locals don’t have money motors to qualify with the WoO. Plain and simple. They all charged In heats to barely miss feature but were relegated to c main bc consis lined up I. Time. Using qualifying time to line up consis is the dumbest thing I’ve seen.
          Correct!!

Comment

Quite a few of the locals are running a Kistler engine. I didn't know Paul built inferior engines just for the locals. I also seen the race a little differently. The defending FAST champ DJ Foos started 6th in his heat finished 6th. Multiple time champion Byron Reed started 6th and finished 9th. Craig Mintz started 5th and finished 7th. Stuart
            Brubaker started 6th and finished 5th. Even Andrews, who did show some speed, started 7th and finished 5th. That is five of the best drivers FAST has to offer and they definitely didn't just miss the feature. They were only taking three. Tj Michael barely missed it but he started 4th and finished 4th. Broc Martin did start 7th and finished 4th just to barely miss. Broc is about the only one I seen charge through the heats just to barely miss the feature. I am not trying to bash our locals. I always root for them when the big dogs come to town. However, I am not going to make excuses for them, and if you talked to them, I bet they wouldn't either. This race wasn't held at Eldora or Knoxville, it was in their back yard.

Comment

This ought to spark some discussion. I think Eldora isn't as high banked as it used to be and I think the NASCAR trucks are the reason why. Next weekend is a FAST double header for the 410's. Support that and you support local racing. Support the WoO and.....well, never mind. If Jordan Ryan finds a 305 ride for Lima, I might be there tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                This ought to spark some discussion. I think Eldora isn't as high banked as it used to be and I think the NASCAR trucks are the reason why. Next weekend is a FAST double header for the 410's. Support that and you support local racing. Support the WoO and.....well, never mind. If Jordan Ryan finds a 305 ride for Lima, I might be there tomorrow.
                I’m all for local races but why are you so against special events and major sanctions?

Also my plans are oakshade and unlikely but gas city or Lima. Just all depends on what you wanna see

Comment

I watched the video of the BDC feature. Was it better than a weekly feature? Was it worth twice the price of a weekly race? For me the answer is no. A WoO event does mean the big STARS will be racing. In the celebrity driven world of 2018, I guess that's important. I'll stick to weekly shows. Tyler Street getting his first win interests me more than Donny Schatz getting another one. And yes, I think Tyler Street will win a feature this season. I also predict a 410 feature win for Jordan Ryan in 2018.

Comment

I watched the video of the BDC feature. Was it better than a weekly feature? Was it worth twice the price of a weekly race? For me the answer is no. A WoO event does mean the big STARS will be racing. In the celebrity driven world of 2018, I guess that's important. I'll stick to weekly shows. Tyler Street getting his first win interests me more than Donny Schatz getting another one. And yes, I think Tyler Street will win a feature this season. I also predict a 410 feature win for Jordan Ryan in 2018.
                    Wouldn't be surprised by either of those happening. And what makes it better is the quality of the field to me, the race itself may not change much but it's watching the best of the best do something over some solid to good level drivers. I mean, to be fair, the C main was the feature at a local show. So over half the field was better than our local show.

Comment

Crazy. One of, if not the best race of the season over and over. lol. Just Chris Andrews in the C and B were worth more than the admission price. Add in Larson smashing thru from 15th to almost get to Schatz. Non stop back and forth thru the field. Just unbelievable I found someone who doesnt like the race. GO hang out at Hilltop or Mercer, watch a feature there and get back to me. Jesus.
                      2018 Race Count 14.5 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (8) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1) , Skyline (.5)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo777 View Post

Crazy. One of, if not the best race of the season over and over. lol. Just Chris Andrews in the C and B were worth more than the admission price. Add in Larson smashing thru from 15th to almost get to Schatz. Non stop back and forth thru the field. Just unbelievable I found someone who doesnt like the race. GO hang out at Hilltop or Mercer, watch a feature there and get back to me. Jesus.
                        Chris put on a hell of a show. Wish they woulda sprung out and used a track provisional for him.

Comment

Maybe if they didn't change the rules for different car counts a guy that timed 37th wouldn't start on the pole of his heat either.

& if you don't think they take care of their own I'd think Butch Schroeder & Dean Jacobs would tell you otherwise also.

How's ol Denny say it "Protect the Brand". With that I think I'll skip it & just go to Shady Bowl Saturday night. haven't been down there since I was 7 or 8.
                          Last edited by Sprintcarfanatic; July 12th, 2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                            Maybe if they didn't change the rules for different car counts a guy that timed 37th wouldn't start on the pole of his heat either.

& if you don't think they take care of their own I'd think Butch Schroeder & Dean Jacobs would tell you otherwise also.

How's ol Denny say it "Protect the Brand". With that I think I'll skip it & just go to Shady Bowl Saturday night. haven't been down there since I was 7 or 8.
                            That was Earl Baltes' rule not the Outlaws. The entire Kings Royal format preceded the Outlaw sanction and hasn't changed one bit...

But yes the WoO's regular format favors the outlaw drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo777 View Post

I am not suprised you find it unbelieveable that someone has a different opinion than you. You may encounter others who do not share you opinion some day. Nah, that's crazy. Never gonna happen. Why is the word GO in all caps? Are you yelling at me? Maybe I have more control over your emotions than you do. Now, that's crazy.

Comment

The tracks need special events with a BRAND name.
                                I have neighbors and acquaintances that only go to the races for WoO shows and All Star shows. They do not attend the regular weekly shows. When they go they spend money.
                                I think just maybe sometime they may come to a weekly show by having the show well run or bringing someone with them who may come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X